Recreation *WAR*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Heero Yui, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Not really a manga to anime subject but i thought id post it koz i know a lot of people here on MtoA are from Canada (and others mabye from America itself) , watch out for that Anthrax virus , fairly nasty stuff i hear . Since Canada is helpin out America in the war (right thing too do) Bin Laden might attack there too , but to be perfectly honest with ya i dont think he stands a chance , the US , Canadian , British (load of shite) , Northern Alliance etc...... , all these armies against a bunch of farmers with AK47's , sure they got sum tanks and stuff and are fortified in the mountains but theyll eventully get nailed , Delta Force and all them special force units have gone in too , so just stop me here if im talkin crap

Just want u guys to be safe and not nuked of plauged or anytin like dat

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Something you may want to know is that there is a Vaccine for Anthrax called MDPH-PA or AVA. This vaccine, like most vaccines, contains a strain of Anthrax that does not cause the disease. Remember that the only way to become immune to a disease is for the body to have already previously had the disease and know how to identify and destroy it(ie. genetic flags).

Something else, this is considered a holy war. Bin Laden will strike any country that has any other religion other than Muslim. But, anyone who kills in the name of Allah is an enemy of Allah...

Edit: I should have said this before...but I think all the Americans here should be commended. You have proven to the world that good can be drawn from evil. After the events of the 9,11 you all stood truly united and all helped each other out. This is truly awesome!!

[This message has been edited by That guy! (edited 10-10-2001).]

3. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Anthrax is a virus i think Rob
    And u cant become immune to viruses , theyre DNA chains keep changing so theyre all different , sure there is vaccines but the problem is finding out whos got it , lucky they dident put it in the water there or everyone would have gotton it

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

It's been exactly a month since that fetful day, and it seems no matter how hard I try I just can't think elsewhere... The fact is, there is no "safe haven" where anyone can go and just ignore what's happening out there...It is a worldwide situation - It involves everyone. Even if Bin Laden managed to take out the US (tho' odds are stacked against him IMHO), would he stop there with his terrorist attcks? Hell no. Maybe he fancies himself a holy saviour or whatnot, but someone who can fanatically train followers to suicide bomb thousands of innocents sounds crazy to me...

Now, I really didn't want to go off any more on this then necessary, so I'll quit my ranting there and post what I originally was going to, to put the current Anthrax debate to rest:

Facts about anthrax
    Anthrax is an acute infectious disease caused by the spore-forming bacterium Bacillus anthracis. The spore produces a toxin that can be fatal.

How it spreads:The spores can spread by inhalation or ingestion.

Symptoms:Symptoms usually appear within seven days. Inhalation anthrax infection can start out like a common cold before acute symptoms such as severe breathing problems and shock.

Infection by consuming contaminated food is characterized by inflammation of the intestinal tract, leading to vomiting of blood and severe diarrhea.

Death can occur within 24 hours of the onset of acute symptoms.

Treatment:Antibiotics, including penicillin. A delay in the use of antibiotics -- even in terms of hours -- may lessen chances for survival.

Prevention:Vaccine

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

As That guy! pointed out, yes, there is a vaccine, but I have heard it can take many stages over a course of six months to fully apply...

Additionally, there was a current scare in Florida involving a photographer and workers become infected by Anthrax, but current investigators have no reason to believe it is anyway related to 9-11... I think it's mostly gained the public's attention because of this current war on terrorism...

BakaMattSu, better stop now before he writes a novel on this junk...

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited 10-11-2001).]

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

All I can say is this:
    "War! Huh! Good God, y'all! What is it good for? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!"

Just more ramblings here. I can only hope this thing ends soon, because I'd really hate to be conscripted and sent out to fight ... IT'D INTERFERE WITH MY HOMEWORK [​IMG]!!

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!