Celebrations wats happening in my life

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blood_pheonix, Dec 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

And Chaos damn it, demons cant be swordsMEN there not human!
    Just like you don’t call women welding swords Swordsmen, you call them Swordswomen.

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Then what would you call a sword welding demon?? Swordsdemon, that just doesn't sound right (swordswoman does work tho [at least I think])

Oh, and Chowmein, use the edit button instead of double posting (not trying to be bossy or anything, its just what it's there for :eek: ).

3. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

All guys school? Eh, you'll get over it. This is my 4th and last at an all-guys HS, and my only complaint is that we're horribly sexually repressed. The marching band has been known to march in formation, and then suddenly change direction while retaining formation to follow girls. (our band room is right next to our natatorium, and local girl's schools send their teams to our nat)

Then again, our teachers are able to tell bawdy jokes, make offhand sexist comments, and talk about ways to get girls at bars in class.

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Just be sure to put that last lesson to good use. I don't know how it'll be in the college you go to, but where I am, we don't talk about ways to get girls in bars.

We -get- girls in the bar.

At school.

Yes, yes, I love my school.:D

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Lol, we didn't have a marching band. We had a killer Rock band, they blasted their music during Football games, rallies, church ( only had it once every other month) and any other type of event.

*nods*, our teachers said the same kind of stuff. Not really any sexist comments, only teacher who did that taught Ciminal law (but he did so much more that was worse than that *thinking about the beer can stunt* [well, hell, so did we :D thinking about the "allah manuver" we pulled during class:D ]). Those were the crazy days:dizzy2:

6. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

Swordswoman is infact a word, swords-demon is hiphonated as it is in this post so :p the term get some skillz comes to mind.

7. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

Ah, you can stick to swordsman in most circles though. Swordplay and swordsmanship have always been closely tied to tradition. If you really feel like saying "swordsman", just say you're maintaining the centuries of tradition behind the blade.

8. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

Erm no you cant, it’s not the meaning of the word, and swordsmanship is a compleatly different matter. Swordsmanship is a general term; swordsman is the same as fisherman, spaceman ect, And thus must be specific to the gender and species.

9. eleeSleknuD

eleeSleknuD New Member

Swordsmanship is art.
    Art has Tradition.
    Swordsmanship is NOT general. Especially not in the minds of serious practitioners of the art. Lumped with swordsmanship is a centuries-long collection of tradition, honour, and art.

But like I said: some circles. You will always run into people who insist on using words like spokesman/spokeswoman, or spokesperson, &c. What you say depends on to whom you are speaking (check my sig)

BTW:Even fishing has an art to it.
    And its own traditions.
    To be honest, traditions of fishing - and on a larger scale of the sea - are some of the strongest.
    Casual fishing, sport fishing, fishing as a living, life on the sea - in various modes - all have their own history and traditions, along with overlapping ones. (though casual fishing is the most divergant)

10. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

*sighs*

The TERM is genral meaning it can be applyed to anyone regardless of gender ect. :rolleyes:

11. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I agree with Exiztone.

BTW, how do you use "fisherwoman"?

12. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

Yea your right tbh

You would use it in the same way as fisherman except its a woman.

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

This is getting a *bit* out of topic.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.