Ways

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Zero Enna, May 13, 2003.

1. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

when you know that kenshind going to attack
    he makes his eyes wide
    and makes his sword do a Chik sound

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

if you mean that sound that his katana makes when hes turning it to the side to draw its the tsuba or the seppa banging against each other or the scabbards since its iron...

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

well a katana makes that particular sound a lot not just when you going to attack...it can make a noise when you tap it on something or when your sheathing it so...

4. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

its bascially unavoidable..but thats not much of an issue since you won't be able to do anything about it...Kenshin's Hiten Mitsurugi style is most dangerous when it first leaves its scabbard...you would ahve time to scream let alone draw your sword...

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

well Hiten Mitsurgi Ryuu arose during the sengoku times. designed with the intent of fighting more than one person it relies on the swordsman's insite. most of the techniques are based on attacking one or more of the vital points of the body...

6. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Well, yes you can add to it, basically by saying:

Ouch.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

*laughs* ^_^x;;; next time ill leave a bit for somone else to say

8. DistantSamurai

well that is if anyone can measure up lol

9. UFOtaku

hehe, yeah, when Gensai explains something, he explains everything. ^_^

10. DistantSamurai

that onoly makes him for admirable hehe:shy3: ^_~

11. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Ok, the topic has been discussed and you finished and you dont know what to do next? Well, MOVE on!

Don't spam the forum, this forum was once called the cleanest.. well, not anymore I believe, and I won't put that sig anymore if you people wont read it..

If you wont read it, then I wont read yours and then, there would be no point of sigs..

I have spoken, and this is the nice me in a bad mood..

12. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

but isn't the sound from when kenshin draws his katana out and it like rubs against the thing that holds the katana?

13. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

If I were him, I'd try to make my attacks not so ovious-don't get me wrong, I love Kenshin!:)

14. Hitokiri_Gensai

well there not much you can do about that particular sound. the way a katana is made is that the tsuba *gaurd* isnt welded to the sword like european swords. instead the piece of metal along the blade that is tight up against the katana *called a habiki* is, 1. holds the sword in the scabbard sometimes called a friction point
    2. hold the tsuba on and sometimes has Seppa *spacers* between it and the actual tsuka *handle* and tang *an extension of the sword tha fits in the tsuka*

so everytime the sword moves the speppa and the tsuba knock together making a clinking sound. although one could weld those together in order to not make a sound it would end up ruining the blade itself and the tsuba which are collected as works of art. not only that the blade wouldnt be cared for as well since you could remove the seppa and tsuba.

as for his attacks being noticable theres not much you can do about it. when using iaijutsu the user has to turn the sword on its side in order to draw it correctly. otherwise it will result in a weak draw. and as far as Kenshin goes there are 4 possible techniques he could use when sheathing the sword. a basic iai jutsu Sou Ryuu Sen, Sou Ryuu Sen Ikatsuchi and the Ougi Amakakeru Ryuu No Hirameki so theres a wide range of techniques he could be employing.

15. UFOtaku

Besides, it makes him look cool. ;)

16. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

It really does, in my eyes, cute!:catgirl:

17. Hitokiri_Gensai

18. DistantSamurai

Yeah Gensai already said everything i was gonna say but about the clicking sound being noticable...it doesn't really make a difference since he draws his sword so quickly and when in Battou-jutsu stance he usually pushes the blade from teh scabbard before he attacks...his eyes go wide because the sudden adrenaline of the attack comes to him...i think...i hope were thinking of the same chik sound^_^ at first i thought you were referring to the sound when teh the sword is moved or shaken but if your talking about when the "habiki" is pushed out of the scabbard...

19. Hitokiri_Gensai

well actually the habaki never moves rather i think its the "seppa" that are clinking against the "tsuba" and the "habaki"

20. DistantSamurai

no i mean when he pushed hte blade about in inch out of the scabbard is what he is talking about right? and i'm guessing teh habaki is the peice of metal that stands right under the hilt or the Tsuba and when it is pushed out of teh sccabard i makes a clink sound...yes?