Video Games Well...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Duke of Wolfe, Feb 5, 2004.

?

What's the better WW2 game?

1. Battlefield: 1942

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Call of Duty

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Haven't played them both (Or haven't played either)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Duke of Wolfe

Duke of Wolfe New Member

Awnser the poll, and post what you think....Personally, I like CoD better, really, if the sounds were louder on BF: 1942, it would make it a way better game (By the way, whatya'll think of the new BF: Vietnam comin' out soon?)

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing New Member

For sheer scope, CoD rules, but for actual WW II strategy and feel, nothing tops Day of Defeat. The graphics may be crap compared to CoD, it may not have vehicles, the weapons may not be as spectacular, and the stages may be relatively small, but the sheer amount of strategy you can squeeze out of every sniper hole, MG nest, dark corner, alleyway, and overhang is simply unrivaled.

3. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Have you tried Red Orchestra? I've heard it compared favourably to DoD, though haven't yet tried it. (don't be fooled when it says it's a UT2k4 conversion heh. That's not even out yet. RO was made for UT2k3 and I assume they wil be moving over to 2k4 when it comes around)

My favourite war game would have to be Operation Flashpoint though. Win. Time to get around to installing the expansion pack