J-Rock What about Dir en Grey and Malice Mizer???

Discussion in 'Music' started by dark_aftiel, Mar 2, 2005.

1. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

I'm new here, but how can you call this a J-Rock post if there's no Dir en Grey or Malice Mizer thread??? I don't know about you, but they top most other J-Rock bands in my opinion.

2. PinkSpider

PinkSpider New Member

I love Dir en grey. ^__^

'Love' in this sense meaning... I can name the members and a few songs... seen a few dvds... but don't own much or get really excited about them or anything. XD

My obsession lays only with hide and X Japan.

But.. I guess Diru is my second favourite band.

And.. as for Malice Mizer...

¬_____¬

Dislike them.

3. Fushigi Rockna

I've been getting into Dir en Grey for a while now, and I like quite of alot of the songs by them that i've heard...but there's some really weird ones. Oo

I haven't heard any Malice Mizer, but I like Gackt. :D

4. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I enjoy malice mizer and Dir en grey alot. As well as Gackt...which they all have multiple songs that I like from them. As for X-Japan, I only like rose of pain and blue blood. And Ive been trying to get songs from this band i think is called Pierrot...I heard they are pretty good.

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I prefer Dir En Grey, Luna Sea, X-Japan and all your typical Visual Kei artists.

Sadly, I haven't gotten use to the J-goth sounds as Kagarra, Pierrot, Moi Di Mox, Malice Mizer etc etc.

- Teddz

6. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

Mana~!

Malice Mizer. Well, I'm not exactly fond of the whole group, because I wasn't interested in the rest of them but for Mana and Klaha. Siiiiigh. I am totally awed by Mana! I just love him. I like it how he imparts the impression of femininity. He's so adorable. >< I love his outfits and accessories. Especially those very familiar cross-shaped ones. Cuuuute...! But I see Mana as a girl. But for Klaha...*sigh* he's drop-dead beautiful. Oh well. I liked their songs a bit, but the few of the videos looked a bit scary for the fact of them being gothic. See the Bara no Konrei, they're vampires in there as well. Ohh, I'm so into vampires. Aren't they lovely creatures? =p

For Dir en Grey, I don't like Kyo though I find his voice nice. ;-; Lol. Toshi and Kaoru are cute! But then, I see Toshi a girl as well. Kaoru---he's a dashing somewho. >< Their songs are great. I like their Kiri to Mayu. I recommend the song.

7. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

<<<Doesn't like Malice Mizer...
    <<<<<Does like Dir en Grey. They are just so cool...*drool*

8. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

Although I can usually tell, I thought Mana was a girl when my ex introduced me to Malice Mizer. My friend saw the picture and said "she" was hot. He was mortified when we told him Mana was, in fact, a man.

9. sapphire_deity

I think I understand the mortification feeling. I introduced Malice Mizer and Dir en Grey to several friends, all of them males. One of them even envied Mana for being such a pretty boy, while the others were like 'No way.' after knowing he was a man. Same goes for Toshiya and Shinya. But they were more amazed by Mana, and I say it's not surprising provided the fact he's too cute, he looks like a doll. xD

10. dark_aftiel

dark_aftiel New Member

Yeah, I too envy Mana, but most of the ignorant people in my area are extremely shallow and ignorant biggots, so they just think he's a big queer. Funny though, they're the one's that said he was hot just before they found out he was a guy. I really love his outfits too, not that I'd wear most of them (except maybe if I was asked to (reference to a past experience...)). I need to start listening to more J-Rock again, all my CDs were ruined in an unfortunate incident so I'll have to do some looking around.

11. Vicious

Been there...done that... :p

12. sapphire_deity

Well, almost all who sees Mana the first time around gets the impression he's a female. Even I sometimes make the mistake of saying "she" instead of "he". xD

Too true. About half of those who knew Mana was a male, not my friends, but other people around reacted like that. They thought his crossdressing was worthless and complete nonsense. >< Poor Mana. I say it's a nice talent, appearing female when you tried to do so while you're a male, in fact. Most especially giving the impression. It's pretty difficult since fellow males would be the ones to judge most likely.

Ahh. I envy you. Unfortunately, no Japanese albums are sold in here, so I don't have CDs or some such. I have to download. Sigh. Even more sad is that I have such a terrible internet connection speed.

13. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Oh, no, poor Tianlin.

-looks at her sig pic-
    At the moment, I think it explains it all.

I thought Mana was a girl. ^_~ It didn't take long before I found out otherwise. But none of my friends would even think of being interested in bands of the J-rock or gothic scene. I put this music on and I'm guessing they'd hold me down while burning my CD in the fire or something.
    But I'm fine with it. No "real life competition" for being a fangirl. 'He's so hot...', 'Um, whatever.'
    :)

14. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

Dir Dir Dir Dir Dir-en-grey. Amazing band. I LOVE the song 'scars'....and 'tragedy night' is great. But for the mellow part i'd have to say 'Akuro no oka' takes the cake. Yup.

Although...i've never seen a picture of the members before...nor do I even know who the members are....heh. forgive..

15. sapphire_deity

Hm. If you'd like I'd tell you of a site with general info. But then, you could always do a search of Dir en Grey. I seem to be more interested in the members than the songs. Eh. ,_,

16. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

so...they're good looking?

17. sapphire_deity

You could say that. But then check it here. That is the place with the most brief information on them I've found thus far. And you'd see other bands too.

18. Vicious

I think it has something to do with this thing called visual kei or something like that. They dress to get peoples attention. What Im really wandering is that is there a person there that is a girl. I dont really know...

19. sapphire_deity

True that. @ Visual kei. Anyway, all of Dir en Grey and Malice Mizer are males.

20. UmiRyuuzaki45

UmiRyuuzaki45 New Member

Wow. Thanks 4 the site. I kind of like DeG's look more than X-Japan. And DeG's music. X-Japan is most times a little too heavy for me. But I still like them. Anyway, now I wanna make a DeG wallpaper, because they are very colorful. ha ha.