What does Dragonball Z mean to you?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by That guy!, Dec 3, 2001.

1. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I can't seem to find a main running plot within the series, except there is a tonne of character development from what I see... so I guess the plot is dependant on who you're favourite character is.

To me Dragonball Z is about Vegeta, who must overcome his pride and convert to good. In Dragonball Z an example of this is when he risked his life to avenge his son, who he thought was killed by Cell. At the beginning of the series he would have just brushed this off.

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Dude! DBZ SO has a central plot! It's all about the struggles of the various main characters to protect their homes and their friends. As with any work, of course there's character development. As for the meaning changing based on who your favourite character is, that can happen in anything.

------------------
    SOMEBODY'S GOTTA FEEL THIS!

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Dragonball Z is like life. Or maybe, like us. The characters develop and you get to know them. Like with Saiyaman, they spent, like 16 episodes about Gohan in this silly costume. Character developpement is key. The plot: Break the record for the number of times the world is saved in one anime.
    And developpe characters until we know them better than their doctor.

------------------
    Mwuahahahaha! THe 3vil Hampster/Fruitfly Conglomerate is upon us! Can you hide from them?

4. Lady Sasaku

Lady Sasaku Guest

I agree with Meaikoh_Takashi. DBZ is about their way of life comparing to ours. I also think that it IS getting to know the characters. We watch them develop in powers and relationships while seeing them struggle with problems. I also think that DBZ is just about entertaining people who have a taste for Japanese anime. It is a wonderful but complex story that is used to give americans a taste of Japan.

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Well, the concensus around school seems to be that DBZ could possibly be the best TV show ever made ... that's the opinion of a few outspoken members of one class, anyway ...

------------------
    Loneliness is a slow-acting but lethal poison.
    It's time to find the cure.

6. Musashi

Musashi New Member

THAT IS NOT RIGHT, DBZ IS NOT THE BEST EXCEL SAGA AND OTHER WEIRD ANIME LIKE THAT ROCK!!!!!!!!! I DONT KNOW WHERE YOU GOT ALL THAT BS BUT HEY I CANT HELP IT IF IM A NEWLY FOUND ANIME FANATIC!!!!

------------------
    Farewell from Musashi-sama lord and master of all things that are slimy and insignificant.....

Musashi

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

*confused as hell*

What have I started...I must have been in my "don't know what thread to start so I'll just make something up" moods... either that or drunk *cough*I don't drink alcohol though...*cough*

8. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

[SARCASM MODE ON! [​IMG]!]
    Well, well, well. The great Musashi has decided to grace our little forum with his [clears throat] divine presence.
    [SARCASM MODE OFF! [​IMG]!]

Listen here, you little piece of Chatham-Kent trash, if you're going to go around demeaning the opinions, thoughts, and feelings of people you don't even know, or of those you do know, for that matter (although if you asked me it doesn't seem you know too much about anything these days), the least you could do is give us a reason. You're here saying we're all wrong, and you're right for no reason? What the **** is with you? You used to be cool, man. Now you're just another piece-of-**** dumbass looking to start trouble and awaken ancient enmity. What happened, yo?

"I never thought I'd be saying this to you, but ... SPOON!!!!"

Hmmm ... never thought I'd be moderating my own post, but anyway ...
    GENTATSU: Come on, y'alls! Watch your mouth! You talk about this Musashi guy badmouthing everyone, then you go off on him! What it is, yo?
    NO: You know, for once I agree. We should watch ourself.
    ZANSHI: What? Drawn and talk of Musashi? I hate the word! Just as I hate hell, all Sailor Moon, and thee.
    CC61 (to Zanshi): Come now friend. This little one's not worth the effort.
    GENTATSU (to Musashi): He doesn't like you.
    NO: I don't like you either.
    ZANSHI: You just watch yourself. We're wanted man. I have the death sentence on twelve systems! (to CC61) Besides, you know it's not my fault that this guy's some little piece of garbage who wants to create animosity between the DBZ fans and himself.
    CC61: Maybe you have a point ... (to Musashi) I don't like you either!

Maybe I'm letting my emotions get the better of me over here ... Oh well. I guess after years of struggle the Dark Side has come for me ...

------------------
    You wanna see the apocalypse?
    THEN LOOK INTO MY EYES!

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 12-17-2001).]