Movies What film would you like to see as an anime?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kain, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Some live action film's just plain suck. So I was thnking that maybe some of them could be done better if they were done as an anime.

SO in another one of my oh so popular threads, just like the last one's i'm asking you what movie(s) do you think would have been better if they were done as an anime.
    To get started i think that if the scream film's had been done as anime's they would have been more successful. But they were just plain crap. (How they made three of the feck'in thing's is beyond me :anger2: ). Any way if they had done it as an anime then i think the kill scence's and the finale's would have made them watchable.

2. Novus

Novus Gone

The Seven Samurai is just asking to be animated. But that's a little obvious, I think. And of course, Highlander would have been a kick-*** anime. A lot better than that lousy, good-for-nothing animated series that was actually made. They would have to keep the original Queen soundtrack, though.
    And really, a lot of American-made action movies would make great animated features. My theory is that if the same script was given to a Japanese studio and a Japanese director, an animated film would be produced, but since in America animation is typically labelled as "for kids", some really horrendous live-action stuff is made. The Tuxedo and The Medallion (both Jackie Chan flicks) would have been a lot cooler if animated.

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I was with you up till the part of the Kung-fu anime's. Martal art film's i think have to be live action it's not the same if animated.
    But i agree with the idea of some older film's.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

The Tuxedo and The Medallion weren't really martial arts films. There were too many special effects in there, and very little of the action was "real". That's just what I thought, anyway.

5. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Personnally i think the ones that they wouldnt necessarily be better if they were anime but i would like to see pirates of the carribean (even though i would not see the delicious johnny depp & orly bloom) and X2

6. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Reservoir Dogs. That'd be perfect as an anime. Quentin Tarantino didn't do as much of the actual heist as he wanted because of budget and time constraints; that'd be no problem if it were animated.

And definitely Scarface. That movie revels in being over-the-top anyway, so just imagine what they could do if they didn't have to worry about real-life physics.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Now that's a cool idea. I'd of loved to have seen more anime in Kill Bill. That was one of my favorite part's in the film.

Who and who was the director of that part i can't remember his name but i think i've seen that work before.

8. Novus

Novus Gone

The whole point of Kill Bill was that it wasn't animated. If it was an anime, it would have lost all the shock value that Tarantino was counting on when scripting and directing the film. I mean, when you see the type of violence in this movie, you stop and think that's pretty cool, and very graphic. If you see that in animation, you don't really bat an eyelash because you've seen it so many times before, what with stuff like the Kenshin OVA's and Ninja Scroll floating out there.

9. shippou

shippou New Member

i think interview with the vampire or .........
    from dusk till dawn
    moi kewl

10. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I think you got a point there.

11. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

Bruce Almighty!
    purely because it was so damn funny, but I dislike Jim Carey

12. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i think that "kill bill" would be great as anime. dont u think so guys? and the animations in kill bill are actually much scarrier than the real movie scenes.

13. alkhoon

alkhoon .: G.Heyer is my life :.

I would like to see Lord of the Rings animated >.>;; I saw a couple of sketches from a fantastic anime artist and she really drew Gimili and legolas so well XO ... She did a short comic strip... so cute *_*

14. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Taxi Driver would make an excellent anime.Or maybe Fight Club?

15. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Ooh, you got something there, Blue Crow. Taxi Driver would be fantastic as an anime. I just imagine a cartoon nightmarish version of New York City. I admit that Fight Club would be good as well - The lame ending (In my opinion) would be better suited for animation.

Anyone got a favorite war movie they'd want to see animated? My favorites are Full Metal Jacket and the Dirty Dozen, though I think Dirty Dozen would work ten times better as an anime. Then again, a war movie involving Japan would probably work even better. ;)

16. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I'd love to see the start of Saving Private Ryan animated.(it wasn't going to be long before somebody mentioned that film). I'm not saying that the one we have now is bad but it would probably be a lot more stomach churing if it was animated.

17. TheSonOfBattles

TheSonOfBattles New Member

Star Wars because the fight scenes would be even better, and because I'd love to see what kinda spins a Jap company put on this classic trilogy.

18. Novus

Novus Gone

FMJ would make a terrible anime. First of all, it's got the kind of plot, characters and dialogue that you would never see in anime, secondly it uses a whole kind of "graphic" images that would just look like garbage in anime. I mean, Gomer Pile getting shot in the bathroom while pollishing his gun and all that would have just been boring if animated. Even Kubrick himself couldn't have made that work.
    It'd be nice to see a few westerns converted. There's not a whole lot of wild-west anime out there, probably because the whole genre's based on American history.
    I think Fahrenheit 451 would make a cool anime. I know that's a book, but it did have a movie, albeit a terrible one.

19. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Totally agree with you about Full Metal Jacket, Novus. Although Kubrick MIGHT have been able to make it work - In my opinion he's the greatest filmmaker ever. :)

Your suggestion about Fahrenheit 451 got me thinking on another tangent: What about Shakespeare? We've seen his plays done in every possible way except anime/animated. While the more realistic plays like Romeo and Juliet probably wouldn't work magnificently, the supernatural elements in Macbeth and the dozens of magical creatures in A Midsummer Night's Dream or the Tempest would be a visual treat.

20. Novus

Novus Gone

Midsummer Nights's Dream would be kickin', except all that us anglophones would ever see would be horrible. Imagine a translation of Shakespeare's poetry into Japanese. Then translate that back into English. What do you have there? Something scary, I'd wager.
    Still, I said once a very long time ago that Romeo and Juliet would work brilliantly as an anime. It has action (duels everywhere), a freaky, crazy evil guy (Tybalt), a pretty-boy hero (Romeo), a wise old man (Friar Lawrence), a strange, off-the-wall character (Mercutio), and at the end there's a lot of dead people (Mercutio, Tybalt, Romeo, Juliet, Paris).

I just looked at my signature and realized Boondock Saints would be just about the coolest anime ever. But of course they'd probably give the twins magical powers and make Il Duce a dragon or demon or something like that, but it'd still be cool.