Video Games What game really got you involved into gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, Apr 8, 2006.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Every story has a start. When it comes to video games, usually what will make a gamer is a great experience with a title that catapults them into the pasttime.

So what was that gaming experience for you? What really got you going when you first encountered games?

For me, I think it was Donkey Kong. My dad actually had one of those Commodore 64 machines and he had a few titles. He had me try a few titles and apparently I was very reluctant to have anything to do with the computer. Funny how over time I ended up being a comp addict. ^^

1 person likes this.
  2. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

SSB for N64. Classic.

3. Soitsu

Soitsu Flame Alchemist!

The first game I remembered playing was Super Mario 64...AWSOME!!!:D

4. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

Sonic the hedgehog for sega. I would just spend hours trying to beat it. I also remeber Pokemon....WOW:eek: I spent two whole days playing it...then I was hooked on games....and still am! Oh, and the one with knuckles is Sonic and Knuckles...I had that one too:D

5. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

shinning force for sega and after burner 2 (?)

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I remember playing Donkey Kong on the Famicom. But, the one that really got me hooked was because me and Pop got hooked on beating Legend of Zelda for the NES when I first got stateside. =]

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I had a few games for a second hand NES I had when I was 6 or 7 years old, among them being Contra, Captain Skyhawk, and a couple others (those were my favorites :p), but it wasn't until I later got a SNES and later a copy of Final Fantasy II (as I knew it then) that I really got into gaming.

I can tell you of numerous occasions I'd skip school to play video games all day while my mom was at work. One time I came back after three days away and we had a ratio test, and I'd missed ALL of the study work on it. I didn't even know was a ratio was! :p

Ahh, good times. Good times... :D

8. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I started gaming with the Atari 2600 :D I played cool games like Indiana Jones, adventure, E.T. (Don't ask - i thought it was cool at the time), and a very nice one about a dolphin and a mermaid. Forgot the name.

Then we bought a Commodore 64, so I could play TONS and TONS of new games! Aztec challenge, Aliens, Project Firestart, Summer Games, Summer Games II, winter games, Gateway to Aphsai, and many others!

Then I got a PC and played Prince of Persia (my favorite!) and then Lemmings, and the Indiana Jones games, yay!.

9. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

As far as systems go the Nintendo that space ship game. We are talking old school here. Plus Zelda and Link. AND that track game with the pad.

For a computer it would the 286. Enough said there. Well it was that tomb game.

Also I remember just the keyboard hook up. We played tic tac toe.

As far as arcades go I played asteriod because we had it. Still do. I so want it now.

All those contributed to my gaming.

I must say all you people are LUCKY to have what you have now. 10 to 15 years ago it was bad.

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I first had a SNES, but I wasn't too interested with the games.

I got the Sega Genesis later on though, along with Sonic 3, and Mortal Kombat (was giving such a young kid a ated M game bad for health? You guess! :p), and had loads of fun.

-Seishin

11. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Mine was Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64. It took me 3 years to beat but it was worth it, that it was.

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Thank you for reminding me, I had a Wheel of Fortune game, as well as Monopoly and a couple others when I had a 286, waaaay back when I was like, 5. :p

I remember liking the games so much I kept Monopoly when I got a newer computer (my old one, the Windows 95 1 gig Pentium 133 etc)

But this computer is too advanced to run them :(

13. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

It was either the vector graphics vga star wars game i played on a 286 or "ranma 1/2" on the superfamicom

14. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Mario 1, for NES, nuff' said

15. Wolfwood

Wolfwood New Member

Kung-fu for NES was good too. Punch, Kick, Jump Hoo Hoo hah hah hah.

16. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

it was secret of mana on the snes ... yea that game started me on gaming, i've loved rpg's ever since :p

17. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Super Mario Bros!