Tenchi Muyo What happened to Tenchi Muyo?!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Spike Kenshin, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Spike Kenshin

Spike Kenshin New Member

What happened to Tenchi?! Does anyone know why they took it off of the air. I loved the show, but it went off the air in the U.S. a few years ago and I've missed it! :p

Thank you for your time,
    ~Spike Kenshin

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

That seems to have happened a lot all over the place, it was taken off Toonami a while back, but by then they were only playing it at 3.30am, which i didn't mind sometimes cause i used to come home from a night out around that time and sit down and try to watch it... although with little success (you can guess why :sweat2: ).

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

My guess is once an anime is "over-played." They take it off. For those who love it over-played isn't right. It may come back you never know. Sailormoon did once a few years ago. But I doubt it.

4. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

Well they do need to make openings for future animes.. So I think it is just right to remove it from the slots.. But I also happen to like Tenchi Muyo! that's why I have all of the episodes inlcluding OVA :)

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

Well they sometimes randomly bring back more popular series after some time. I remember Tenchi being very well recieved so I imagine they might bring it back.

6. sweetasuka

sweetasuka Ahh Ice-Cream!

I really hope they bring it back. I enjoyed watching Tenchi, Sailor Moon (yes Sailor Moon, it's what got me into amime after all :p ) and all of those older shows that we dont get to see anymore. I wish I had Tenchi on DVD but its way too expensive :( Birthday?!?! hehe :D

7. Leonof

Leonof New Member

I too started watching anime because of Sailor Moon. I miss Tenchi Muyo, I never got to see the whole series. I have about nine episodes of OVA on VHS. That collection still isn't complete, ah well.

8. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

Did they ever show the movies? Always wondered about those. Only saw the TV and OVAs myself. Definately prefered the stuff that followed the OVA storyline better.

9. Canti

Canti New Member

i miss tenchi too. it was funny & cool at the same time just like cows
    o_O
    yes i said cows
    o.0

10. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

They might replay the first two OVAs since now FUNimation has the 3rd and FUNimation gets so many of their shows onto CN.

On the other hand they really only get more actiony anime and Tenchi is not really action but more comedy.

They could then put an anime in the comedy part of AS

11. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

i doubt they will ever show it agin... b/c they showed all the epsisodes of Tenchi Muyo... Didnt they also show all the eps of tenchi in tokyo and tenchi universe and the other series...?

12. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I don't think that they did anything but Tenchi Muyo!, Tenchi Universe, and Tenchi in Tokyo. I think that they played the movie Tenchi in Love. I think I remeber an old comercail for it.