Recreation what is it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MamiyaOtaru, Sep 20, 2001.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

What is your avatar anyway?

I would have posted this in the thread I am quoting it from, but thought I'd at least try not to go wildly off topic in there too.
    ---------------
    always on

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You sure you want to ruin the mystery behind it..?

BakaMattSu, don't make me go spill the beans about JavaLamp's character neither...

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Have you ever played Chrono Cross? it is the sequel to Chrono Trigger (yes, this does have something to do with the topic [​IMG])
    It's a great game!

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Me Av's the character "Turnip" from CC, as That guy! hinted at:

EVERYTHING YOU NEVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT TURNIP (From the 'Chrono Cross Character Recruiting FAQ' by CB! [Christine Bomke, cb@positronrecords.com]) --

Name: Turnip
    Species: Duck-billed platypus. (No, he's a turnip.)
    Elemental affiliation: Green
    When found: After completing the side quest in the burning house, go to the solitary island in Another, and use the Ice Gun (key item) on the burnt patch of earth. Then return to the same spot in Home, and Poshul will dig up the sprout. Alternately, you can use the Freezing Breath key item on the scorched spot, if you never completed the orphanage sidequest.
    Weapon: Sword
    Origin: Hermit's Hideout
    Height: 4'4"
    Weight: 62 lbs
    Build: Round
    Dominant hand: Right-rizomed

Skills: Level 3: Vege Chop (Turnip leaps into the air and comes down on the enemy, ˆ la Claude's Head Splitter. Learned at 3 Stars.)
    Level 5: Vegemight (Turnip spins in the air, and burrows into the ground, reappearing underneath one enemy. Learned at 19 Stars.)
    Level 7: VegOut (Turnip turns into a giant Turnip head, which splits in two to reveal a smaller Turnip head, which also splits in two to reveal Turnip, who leaps out. Bring him to the pond where you found NeoFio, at Viper Manor, with NeoFio in your party. Turnip & NeoFio will exchange words, and Turnip will jump into the pond and turn.. pink?)

Evaluation: His character art makes me giggle uncontrollably - too much so to properly hold a Playstation controller. Or maybe that's the Dual Shock acting up? Regardless, he's not very powerful offensively, nor does he have a lot of Element slots, but he has high-ish HP and can equip good swords.

Fortune: "As mysterious as your birth, there is an equally fascinating fate that awaits you."

BakaMattSu, maybe I'll hunt down the 'pink' version of my Avatar??

[Edited for readability...]

[This message has been edited by BakaMattSu (edited 10-05-2001).]

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

MESSAGE FROM THE GUY WHO'S NAME IS A CHRONO CROSS REFERENCE ...

Actually, BakaMattSu, using the Ice Breath you can get Turnip earlier in the game than with the Ice Gun, but I'm sure you already knew that, since I told you when last we met.

Just remember, underestimate a Turnip and he'll make a tossed salad out of you.

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

6. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

from the Ash's I pull out this thread.. Very old thread to once again ask BMS what the hell his avatar is!..

KaMe

7. Novus

Novus Gone

Looks to me like a certain BadtzMaru, but I have no clue where he got it.

8. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

well, it's from hello kitty. go research your overly cute-*** anime dmannit. *^-^*

9. Zanth

Zanth New Member

Gah, curse you for beating me to that. ;) I only know cuz Phil found a little squeeky toy at work and brought it over. It is quite cute. ^_^