What is the best thing about Dragon Ball Z?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Lady Sasaku, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Lady Sasaku

Lady Sasaku Guest

I just want to know what you think about Dragon Ball Z and why ( if you like it) you watch it or atleast read or do something else about it.

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hey, welcome to the boards Lady Sasuka. Actually we kinda flamed this one a while back in the "No Point at All" thread.

But my 2 cents: I love the show, it just gets more and more interesting. Especially with the Buu saga that I'm watching right now. I get sick of some of the points where everyone is powering up for like a week, but this is probably used to get people revved up for when they start fighting.

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

[as GNZ says this, he slowly gathers the frozen foods from his freezer and stacks them around his computer. After some time, he has formed a veritable fortress between himself and the monitor.]

There. Now I'm ready to face anything you DBZ-haters got ...

I find the writers behind DBZ are the best in the business when it comes to building tension. They make you want to see the next episode so bad that you can hardly till the next day to see what will happen.
    I also love the way that all the special effects are hand-drawn instead of the flashy computer stuff that is so common to other shows.
    Third, I love the comedy involved. Dating back to the original Dragonball series, the basis was more comedy than action, and there is still a whole lot of comic relief in DBZ.
    Finally, and what I like most, is the characters. I love how the villains are always pure evil, villainy personified, and the heroes are always pure good, if not at the outset (see Vegeta or Piccolo, for example), then later in the series they are. I love the comic relief characters, like Hercule, Yajirobe, Master Roshi and Oolong.
    There's just so much to love, and so little to hate.

------------------
    SOMEBODY'S GOTTA FEEL THIS!

[This message has been edited by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 (edited 12-03-2001).]

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

GNZ! You didn't leave me anything to say! Now what Am I supposed to say but: "What He said."
    GNZ has just told you eggzactly how I feel about DBZ.

------------------
    Mwuahahahaha! THe 3vil Hampster/Fruitfly Conglomerate is upon us! Can you hide from them?

5. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

lol... This is why I download the next ten episodes off of Kazaa [​IMG] But then it gets kind of annoying when you notice all the stuff cut out of the televised version.

I agree with everything you say!!! *tears come to eyes*

6. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

hrm, i have trouble getting to watch dbz. it used to be shown all the time on the cartoon network here (ireland), but i don't know if it is any more cos i have moved house! and the new house doesn't have it.
    the only anime i get any chance of watching is yu-gi-oh, which is pretty damned cool too :).

are the dbz dvd's worth buying? it's a great series and all but i'm not sure i want to spend 50 or so euro for just a few episodes..

7. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

hey mordeth and welcome!! i dunno if the dvds are any good bc i havent wanted to buy any of them dbz is a cool series but there are so many others that are so much cooler...maybe i shouldnt be saying that in here*looks around nervously* forget my opinion i was never here!!ahhhhh

8. Musashi

Musashi New Member

SUBS R BETTER!!!!

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Musashi, you're absolutely right! Subs tend to kick the living PURAZUMA! out of dubbed anime. On the other hand, stuff like Blood The Last Vampire is done in both Japanese and English, and actually uses the two languages as part of the story, establishing setting and the like.
    As for the DVD's of DBZ, I don't really think that they would be worth the dinero to buy. I'd just watch 'em on TV, but since you say you can't do that, try downloading from Kazaa, Morpheus or WinMX.

10. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Actually, I don't like the really prolonged fights like with Frieza, but I like to see the techniques. I love the humor.

11. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

ho-humzaahhh

I once had a dream that I snuk over to my neighbors house and stole all of thier DBZ DVDs...which is funny 'cause I dont really HAVE neighbors...

Neway, methinks that DBZ is purdy kooL! the fight scenes are full of action (action = good!)

:D oyah, did I mention that I met the guy who does Goku's voice? (english) he's soooooou funnY! and he even said that my name was cute ^____^ he even wrote it on my DBZ poster! EEE!

But there's something that bothers me about the whole series in general...I dunno what it is but...it bothers me! Maybe cause I like them twisted animes....with the complex plots and the killing (oh the killing ^__^) and the cold-heartedness of the baddies AND THE REVENGE-FILLED sexeh guys (with poofy wings ^^) oh yeah...

12. Saiyanchild

Saiyanchild New Member

lol hellmaster i also like the humor (trunks and goten) oh btw hellmaster u actually talked to this guy? if u did like omg that would b sooooooooooo cool

13. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

that'd be cool to meet him, goku's voice is cool!

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'm actually not a very big fan of Dragon Ball at all. I do like the movies though, especially when Mirai Trunks has the wild long-hair that has to be whipped back in a pony-tail....cuz then his SSJ looks bad-***.

I have yet to see any part GT too...:(

Okay, I'd guess the best part of DB is...all the cool attack phrases. I don't know why, but I get a kick out of it when Gohan yells out "Masenko!"

15. Saiyanchild

Saiyanchild New Member

i didnt like when trunks had his hair all long. i thought it didnt really look all that great bcuz well u no it made his saiyanhair look funky. i didnt like that part. now i like goten's hair in gt :rolleyes: **sigh** i think goten is soooooooooooooo cute! :shy3:

16. petezilla

petezilla New Member

you all seem to foget one of the most important aspects of original subbed versions it that they are not censored.
    i would never ever buy a dvd which is censored.
    and half of the dialogues are made up or altered by some drunk *** american pig.
    lets all go boo funimation they deserve to rot in hell

17. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Great Saiyaman!!!!!!
    AND Great Saiyaman 2 [Videl] from movie 13 i think....im not sure....
    Hes just so awesome....I wish i was like him...thinking hes bad arse with his Ginyu Poses and whatnot...

Defender of justice, defeater of evildoers and spammers everywhere, I am the Great ArchAngel! **Does silly pose*

18. Aieris

Aieris New Member

I'd have to say my favorite thing about DBZ would be Vegeta. Man you have to love that guy, he's so spazzy!!

That and little Goten's laughter! ^^~

19. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

The fact that Gokou never grows old! How old is he??? 100?

20. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

The fact that Gokou never looks old! How old is he anyway??? 100?