Square Enix What is this ------ at FF series?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

How about Moogles?
    Where do u usually see moogles in any FF? Do they have a certain JOb?

In FF 7 they appear on a Chocobo when Chocobo materia is summoned. They also appear in a game at Golden Saucer. And they Also can be seen while Skiing to the Promised LAnd...

Now how about FF6, 8,9,10 ^_^?

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

ff3 - first moogle appearance.
    ff5 - there is a forest of moogles in Cara's world. You even dress up as one to fool one into giving you stuff...
    ff6 - MOG! Playable character...and more during Locke's first battle under your control.
    ff7 - all those you noted, plus part of Cait Sith is a big moogle
    ff8 - There's a card....nothing else.
    ff9 - The Mognet mail...and Chocobo "forests"
    ff10 - still haven't played...no clue.
    tactics - Mog is a Summon

3. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

moogles are used for lulu's weapons...little dolls of creatures...the moogles, cacktaures...umm yeah, the little orange guys from ff8, an onion knight...lol

4. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I've heard this rumour that Mog is lost in the FF8 world and inorder to see him you need to have a pocket station and you can get him once you found him at that world. I also heard that there are a lot of rare items in that world.

rumour? or not?

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

for 8, all the posket station was for, was to level up the random chocobo summon...little mini games and such if i remember right...woulda been neat if they'd have brought it to the other side of the ocean tho...

6. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

One of the items you could acquire in the pocket station game was called the Mogs Amulet, this allowed someone to have the "Mog' ability, which called upon MiniMog to do a little dance and heal all your GF's back to full. the catch? It would cost you 1000X the average level of your team in Gil to use MiniMog.

Excalibur also appears in FF8 as one of Gilgamesh's swords.

In FF8, if you get the Friendship Item, you can summon a moomba. You can only get the Friendship from the Pocket station game, and I have no idea what summoning a moomba does.

7. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

A friendship item summons a moomba to attack the bad guys. Actually, it looks pretty cool. A friend of mine had an infinite *everything* code because he sucks at RPG's...and used one. It's pretty cool, it does kind of a...Different Beat (Zell's Limit Break) on one bad dude.

I have yet to see the Mog summon...and I don't think I want to shell out so much money for the PocketStation...yet...seeing as FF8 is the only game I know of that supports it.

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

so basically if you have a pocket station, you can see Mog in FF8.
    T_T I want to see the FF8 Moogle and moomas too..

This is a tough one. Crystals, or stones are usually found in FF series? What are the crystals called in each FF?

FF tactics> When people die after a little while in battale they turn into crystals. Oh and Zondiac Stones too.
    FF7> Materia
    FF8> Lunatic Pandora is one huge crystal. *nods nods*

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, in X, there are spheres, which are crystals with the ability to record.

In VIII, they are an item which is used to creat Lionheart, Squall's ultimate weapon. Well, used in making them anyway, you need Pulse Ammo specifically. And yes, Lunatic Pandora is one large crystal. Also, don't forget the "materia" when you fight Ultima Weapon in the Deep Sea Research Center. It said the crystals were pulsing with life, like materia from the lifestream, and the fact that Ultima Weapon was carrying Cloud's Ultima Weapon! :D

In IV (II US?), there are two sets of Crystals, one of the earth and one in the moon. It's also the only way to get Zeromus to achieve his ultimate form and beat the game for real.

V, they're the Crystals of the Elements and are the basis of the job learning skills. They're also the keys to the Legendary Weapons.

Urk, I forgot to mention this as well. It's not totally in-game, but the Crystal Theme has been in FF's in the US since IV.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that there's a way to get a Friendship item without the PocketStation. I have ten, I think from when I've refined every single card I have. Well, it was the end of the game and I really didn't have much else to do other than to whoop Ultimecia's keyster across "Time Compression" ;)

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Really? I swear it was the first tune I ever heard for Final Fantasy...playing during the opening text "scroll" on the very first game... :p

As for the pocketStation...I don't need one. I own the ff8 pc version, which includes the chocobo game as a windows standalone executable file (not too big, if anyone wants it.. :p)...it even interacts with your ff8 save games... somewhat fun...like a mini-pokemon game. :p

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Really? It's a standalone?! Hmm, I wouldn't mind it, actually. :) It'd be fun instead of playing Seiken Densetsu 3 and CS all the time on the comp like I'm doing now.

And in X, the Crystal Theme was in one of the beginning tutorials...there was no scrolling text :D And I was under that assumption because I've never gotten the chance to play the others. First hand-experience and knowledge, y'know? :D

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Actually, that particular theme has been in each and every FF game yet...even if some are not as prelevant as others. :p

My only gripe with the Chocobo game is you can never find out what item you got until you load up your ff8 save game...So, after hours on end, you find out all you've picked up are a few potions or something... :p

13. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Does the mini chocobo game come with the FF8 pc version package? nani!!!

FF6> the magicite is a type of stone or crystal used to call espers

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

from what i understand, yes it does...but i don't have it so i'm not 100% positive on that one...

15. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Oh yeah, it does. It installs along with the game. :p Heh, the perks for waiting for a platform conversion... :D

I'll hafta take another look at it again sometime, and see just how standalone it really is...at most, I may have to give you a save game just to get it running (but a whole card's worth of game saves is only a couple k so :p)

16. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

the FF9 crystal ? Did it have a name :dizzy2: can't remember?

17. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I just found some interesting weapons that Tidus has that come from other Square games! All through customization of course! Oh, customize it to have only that ability. I don't know what'd happen if you put more cuz you might change it's name accidentally.

Crystal Sword (All elementals) ~ From FFIV, though I don't know if that's US or Jap release.
    Excalibur (Break Damage Limit) ~ DUH!!!
    Ragnarok (Triple AP+Overdrive->AP+Triple Overdrive) ~ Ship/sword/esper
    Save the Queen (Double AP + Double Overdrive) ~ Quistis has it...who else? Whoa...Tidus is GIRLY! o_O
    Lionheart (Double Overdrive) ~ He doesn't learn the Limit Break though...:(
    Master Sword (4 Str+x%) ~ He's trying to be Link!
    Slasher (Piercing) ~ From ChronoTrigger, a boss-win weapon.

And Khimari has some too!

Highwind (Triple Overdrive) ~ !!! CID!!!
    Venus Gospel (Douple AP+Double Overdrive) ~ AERIS!!! Is Ronso girly too?
    Kain's Lance (SOS Overdrive) ~ FFIV, ultimate character! In my opinion...:D

Yeah, I found those and I thought it was pretty interesting that they pust those weapons in FFX. I found it all here http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_equipment_remodeling.txt because I was trying to find out all the names of the weapons...and found those. Well, more than likely, most people'd have at least a Kain's Lance if they fought for a bit in Omega Dungeon. But anyway, I guess Square ran out of names to call things.

18. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Save the Queen is also a heavy sword a knight, or characters like Thunder God Cid Orlandu, Agrias (I believe), and Meliadoul can use in Final Fantasy Tactics.

19. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

God Save the Queen!

S. T. Q. is also a sword used by "Rusty" Adlebert Steiner (FF9)

20. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

It's Squall's ship in FF8! I'm not sure with other series...:confused: