Recreation What Nationality are You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yonaki, May 28, 2003.

?

Your Orgin?

1. Asian (Country?)

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. European (Country?)

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. African (Country?)

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. American

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  5. Canadian

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  6. Other (country?)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  1. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

I am not an american. i live in america but i hate it here.

2. Surreal

Surreal New Member

hate america...very true very few kids know the world outisde outside of their parent's reign america is a deadly place (i.e. Go to ghetto part of L.A. and you get shot for being white) but safier than other countries

3. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

Yeah, I'm an American but I don't know if I should like it or not. **shrugs** It's also true that I dont' know the world outside b/c I'm hardly allowed to escape my prison walls I call a house. But as for the ghetto part...I never been to L.A. or a real ghetto so I don't know. I'm white so maybe I should walk through the ghetto and get shot. I got nothing else to lose.

4. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Actually, you just would get shot for wearing the wrong colored *insert any type of clothing item here*. An incredable amount of the shooting stuff happens between rival gangs, or when someone who just doesn't know, does something to tick them off. Most of the innocent people who get the bullet are hit during these fights. I've done some work with the LAPD, i've seen their homicide records, so I know about this stuff.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I'm British. :cool:

6. Mac

Mac New Member

I'm Irish which means I'm unhappy with everything.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I don't know if I am "Asian", but I know that I am bahraini -> Arabic.. And since it is in Middle East, and since ME is west Asia, I guess I am an Asian in a way ^^;

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Heh. I should bring something to your attention, then...namely the fact that "American" can mean "of or relating to North or South America, the West Indies, or the Western Hemisphere"...

I always found it just a slight bit egotistical for the US to ignore the rest of the Americas and steal the title for themselves. :p

Someone from Canada is an American. Someone from Brazil is an American. Someone from Peru, Mexico, etc, etc, is, by definition of American, American.

The country name says it all - "United States of America". Not the America, but of it.

But it's probably just as well that they claim the name, as there are a vast number of negative connotations that go along with it.

So, for those skimming this post looking for my nationality, I'm Canadian born and bred, a true lover of my country, and I wouldn't choose any other country in the world over it.

But I'm technically also an American...