Harry Potter What would you see in the Mirror of Erised?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Iya, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Like in the first Harry Potter book, Harry Potter sees the thing he wants most, his parents.
    What would you see?
    I think I would see myself accepting some kind of award for literature for writing one of the most famous books in fiction.

1 person likes this.
  2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Some time ago, I would see Cherry. Now, though, I'm not sure. When the one thing/person you want more than anything else is already yours, does it work the same? Or does this thing only include what you do not have?

:eek: No, I have not read any of the Harry Potter series.

3. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

If you already have the one thing/person you want more than anything else is already yours, you would just see yourself, like you do in a normal mirror.

1 person likes this.
  4. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

i would see a Black door, beyound it a place were my dreams would come forth and become achiveable. :rolleyes: :cool:

5. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

I would see my friend who died recently....
    RIP Shawn jake Shanzeinky

6. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I don't know. I think it's something you won't know until you actually are in front of the mirror. Although, there's someone I want to see...

1 person likes this.
  7. Reisti Skalchaste

That makes sense. I can understand where you're coming from.

But I know who I would see, if she weren't already with me. So, as Iya said, I would see myself. There are times when I feel like the luckiest guy on the planet...

8. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

I don't think so. Humans... humans never stop desiring more. Maybe we can't see too much deep in our 'heart'. This mirror helps us, it shows us our most great desire. It's the answer to 'What am I missing?'

And...
    me too. I've seen only two movies :eek:

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, that's true enough. Humans are greedy by their very nature. Perhaps, after the one person/thing you want more than anything else is already yours, you would merely see your number 2 desire? Kinda disheartening, that.

I dunno, with her, I've always felt that I need nothing more. Is that feeling an illusion?

I haven't even seen one. It's only recently I got over my bias against Harry Potter, and I still don't like him very much. :eek:

10. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Right, how do you know that the person that you think is the first one is not? But, I think now, as long as you keep thinking like that without watching the mirror you'll surely be happy. Why? Because 'the most terrible thing of searching the truth is that you may be able to find it' (Wild translation from SP). Perhaps someones may find an answer to their questions, 'God' perhaps. I like the idea.

So, it seems simple, avoid the mirror. Dammit! Now the curiousity is killing me. It is great that that mirror does not exists, does it? :p :D

Hey! What's wrong with Harry Potah'? Yeah, it is not that great. I don't understand where is the magic about it. But, it is at least entertaining :).

11. Feena

Feena New Member

It's hard not to sound like a Ms World contestant for this one =p . It's difficult to say what I'd see though; I mean what difference does the mirror make? I could say I'd see a dead relative but that's pretty pointless - it's no better than a photo or a video. It's only dwelling on things you have no control over, which doesn't do anyone any good. I just don't particularly want something that’s irreversible, because it wouldn't bring me anywhere.

I don't know what I want most, I just know that there’re lots of things I would hope for in the future. A mirror that could make things happen, now that'd be a hell of a lot more useful.

12. PinkSpider

PinkSpider New Member

I would probably see hide.. ¬__¬ Because I'm like that...

13. Reisti Skalchaste

Thread moved to Harry Potter forum. Enjoy! :)

Also, with these recent revalations, I guess I'd be seeing myself in this mirror, but, like Jedimdo, I would avoid it. I'd rather not know for sure who I would see. Because, of course, there is that little nagging fear that I wouldn't see who I want to see.

Besides, isn't it more interestiong to not know? I'd rather believe that I would see Cherry, and trust my own faith, and love for her, than to know for sure. Sure, If I saw her, (or me ;)) It would confirm my love for her, but, why do I need it to be confirmed? Why should I be so distrustful of my own feelings for her that I would have to rely on some enchanted piece of glass to tell me that I do?

14. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i think i know what i will see in that mirror, but sorry i cant tell u:D The only thing that i can reveal is that its connected to my romantic interest :rolleyes:

15. Saikira

Saikira New Member

I'd see my friends. (I moved from my home recently, so I really miss them all.)

16. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Because you are curious. Because you want to prove yourself that she is really everything for you. I can say many things, because I really feel these things. However, I know that I won't look at it, even if I go so far that I have access to the mirror I think that I wouldn't look at it. The only things that remain are wasted time and a stressed mind :p

17. Reisti Skalchaste

And, again, why do you need to prove it? Do you not trust your own emotions? Your own feelings? Like I said, I'd rather not know what it would show me, because, even though it would most likely be her, I say looking into it is an admission that you do not trust yourself. I listen to my heart, not my eyes, in that case.

Then again, you say you wouldn't look at it. So we're in agreement.

18. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Yeah, I know, I'm repeating a bit. I do trust them, I do trust myself. But I do not trust my curiousity :D It has helped me many times, understanding things, etc. but it may fail me someday.

19. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

I'd see Tea stabbed to death and all my favorite yaoi couples would be making out XP

20. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I think I'd just like to see myself, having fun with my very best friend, Seb, and actually having become an accomplished writer. I don't need to win any prizes, so long as I get to write and publish, and be with the person I need.