Cowboy Bebop What would you think about a live-action CB film?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Rek, May 24, 2003.

1. Rek

Rek New Member

I don't know about you guys...but CB has the potential to be a kick-*** live action film...

I know that most " animation-to-live action movies" end up sucking (cough cough Final Fantasy cough cough) but I think Cb might be an exception...

Here are the actors I think would make good starting roles...

Spike- Brandon Lee ( if was still alive)
    Vicous- Johnny Depp( remeber how badass he was in Blow...
    He's also strarring as Ghost Rider in the upcoming movie...can't wait for that to come out...)
    Jet- The guy who played the Ranger Captain in Black Hawk Down (the bald guy) or Tom Sizemore
    Faye- Jannete "The Tarantula" Lee (she's not an actress.....but she looks like Faye and she's hot...really hot...)
    Jullia- Some Random Blonde Chick...
    Ed- hmm.........I have no idea...
    Ein- That dog from ...um...that movie....

Thats about it...sorry if I left out any other important characters...

By the way...this is my first ever post...so don't flame me if someone has created this topic before...I don't know about you guys...but CB has the potential to be a kick-*** live action film...

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Nope this has not been done before.

But for your first post I must say its well done.. Except for the fact there never was a Live Action movie of Final Fantasy. that was Totaly COmputer animation

Now Would I want to see a live action movie done of Cowboy Bebop.. Only if it HAs a Huge Budget so that it does not end up being some crapy B movie..

But yes i Think it could be Done.. They Even had a Sci Fi show out for a while called FireFly that had some simalarities with the Space cowboy idea.

Now as for the Characters. Id not Use Brandon Lee even if he was alive for spike.. They look nothing alike..

Frankly id want to see some no name actors who look the part instead of geting Big names that dont look the part and wont even do them any justice.

Anyway i cant ever see them doing a live action movie of bebop myself though..

KAME

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

hmmmmmm i kinda like that idea...but it would be a huge budget film for damn sure...

4. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Would be a huge disappointment if they did, besides, like Hitokiri_Gensai said, it would be a big budget film.

Cowboy Bebop should and will always only be anime!!!

5. Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki New Member

This was just announced last week.

Personally, I cant wait.

Attached Files:

6. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

HOLY SHIPPO!!

Is that movie poster for real? I can't beleive... CANNOT beleive it. I'm looking it up om IMDB!!! (www.imdb.com)
    That must be fake?!?!?

7. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Yup... besides... if they did... i would blow up Bandai HQ!!!! Spike doesnt even have his huge hair...!!!! And besides... a movie like this would suck sooo much @**!

8. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

I know I was pretty convinced there for a second too! I was about to flip! That was a cool lil trick though!

~Washu

9. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

that aint cool scaring me like that dude! i mean cmon! cameron diaz?? as faye?? pah wouldnt work...at ALL (diaz doesnt have enough...yeah) and spike without green poofed hair? pah again jet just looked creepy... i doubt that someone could ever be cool enough to make bebop work in live action... that story was just born to be anime besides what would the plot of the movie be?

10. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Cool poster to say the least.. But the fact that even for a joke they put cameron Diaz as Faye.. they Should Be Shot.. and Bunsie is right.. she does not have the Boobs to pull faye off.

But IM sure if the movie was done right you could pull bebop off.. if Its done right and not just some money grab.

KaMe

11. Zanth

Zanth New Member

I'd rather see a live action Macross Plus film or something... that'd be tight. :)

I dunno, Bebop could be cool tho... I'd almost hate to see Hollywood do it tho, they'd prolly mess up so much... if they did it in Hong Kong tho, it could be really cool. Well, I dunno... who knows unless they try? And you KNOW they'll try, eventually...

I gotta say, I'm already afraid of some of the anime->live action flicks planned by Hollywood:
    Akira
    Kite
    Lupin III
    Dragonball Z
    Battle Angel

and not to forget the Gainax/ADVFilms plan for Evanagelion.... *sigh*

12. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I'm so glad that's a hoax. And cameron D. could never be Faye either- your right. I think they cut her head off a picture, and pasted it on some cosplayer's body, etc. But it looks very real, I must say. Had me scared for a minute!!!

13. Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki New Member

Ah I had you going for a second though!!!

See the way i edited the post? I initally said that it was fake, then i thought it would be funnier to say it was real.

I have another one!

[​IMG]

Pretty Good

14. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

They made a LIVE-action movie. About 6 minutes long.... And boy the corninous that ensued nearly made me piss my pants in laughter. They copied the broom fight with Electra and they used below B Movie quality and Jet had a british accent for christ sakes!! I was disappointed in Sunrise for making it. But oh well any Live Action anime attempts never turn out well. just watch the old live action dragon ball movie they made. it was pitiful too. but was feature length.

15. username

username New Member

don't get every body started, because some people say theres a movie and some say theres not.

16. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

A bebop movie?

17. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Maybe I only saw 15 eps or so, but sure it would be great to see a real movie for it :)

18. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member

Sunrise seriously made a short live action scene..Only 6 minutes but they still made one. I have it i would post it but it is like 15 mb and i forgot the weblink from where i got it...i will try to find it.

19. Urei_Sama

Urei_Sama New Member