Ranma 1/2 whats Ranma 1/2

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Canti, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Canti

Canti New Member

guys what is ranma 1/2 my friend used to talk about it al the time in our RP that we always played ....so what is it...........i know the water ceruse thing so dont tell me that....

2. Rane

Rane New Member

OH, it's a hilarious series by Rumiko Takahashi, also the mangaka of Inuyasha and works. Ranma 1/2 is basically about the life of Ranma after he moved to Akane's dad's dojo. It's really funny, and along the way many unique and funny characters are introduced. It's a good switch from the usual serious mangas, but occasionally, Ranma 1/2 does get serious.

3. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Ranma 1/2 covers the misadventures of Ranma Saotome, a teenage martial artist under a curse that changes him into a girl whenever he comes into contact with cold water.

Neither Ranma, or his new fiance Akane Tendo seem to agree with their parent's arrangement, and even though their attraction to one another surfaces from time to time, the two refuse to admit it.

The plot shifts considerably as the cast is expanded, and love triangles spring up left and right. Some are after Akane, others after Ranma - be it his normal form, or his girl type, which he strives to keep secret.

If you're more into serious action or romance, you might want to pass it up, but if you favour slapstick comedy and odd humour, Ranma 1/2 is right up your alley of interest.

4. Canti

Canti New Member

ok thanx so what channle is it on and what time????

also where can i buy the manga

5. Rane

Rane New Member

Once more, you can buy the manga at any store that normally sells mangas. Shouldn't be hard to find it, I mean, they are arranged in alphabetical order.

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Might want to watch buying the manga. It *is* pretty long. I figure, with the release times as they are, you'd be collecting it half your life before it was done. :p

I dunno if it's aired anymore. Not in Canada, anyway. :(

7. ranmahibiki

ranmahibiki New Member

ranma 1/2 is a novel by rumiko takahashi that is so much better than inuyasha with its little fairy tales and demons. its more of an everyday life except for one thing. some of the characters are cursed by a spring that they went to in china called jusenkyo. some of them are, ranma saotome who gets turned into a girl, ryoga hibiki who is in love with akane tendo, ranma's "fiancee. he gets turned into a little black piglet but akane doesnt know that so when she finds him as a pig she takes him in as her own pet pig (a little akward), genma saotome ranma's father who sells ranma promising people that when he grows up he will marry there daughter. he gets turned into a giant panda. shampoo who is in love with ranma and will do anything to get him she is in love with the male ranma but will do anything to kill the female side she gets turned into a cat. then theres mousse he is a martial artist who uses tricks from inside his sleeves he is in love with shampoo he gets turned into a duck. they had a chance in one of the ranma 1/2 movies 'nihao my concubine" to change back to there normal selves but ranma had to destroy it to save akane. anyways ranma 1/2 is great it is way better than stupid inu-yasha

8. Orion

Orion Gears

I don't think it even airs in the States. I have never seen it on T.V. or listed for any line-up. If someone could tell me what time it is on also, I would like to see it.

-Ian

9. Qarion-kun

Qarion-kun New Member

i don't think it stil airs anywhere at all, the way i got it is by downloading it