What's the matter with Goku??

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Superfly, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Ok well i can't tell more than the Android saga, but it seems like EVERY time Goku has a big battle or something, he'll be suffering some disease, he's in a hospital, he's dead, i don't know, what's the deal with that?
    Why does the hero always have to come on the last moment hm?
    There's always somthing wrong with Goku while the others are out risking their lives...

2. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

I don't know. Probably keeps eating spoiled food, and gets sick as a result, or if there's no food around, he eats poisonous plants when he VERY hungery when no food around. That's what happened a cat I once had- and he lived! Crazy cat!:D

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I questioned that myself before and the answer I came up with is(actually it's partly another question):

Why is Dragonball Z so popular?

It's the suspence in the show that makes me want to continue watching it. And having the main character who is the strongest in the show just come out at the end to beat up the enemy is pretty suspenceful if you ask me! Also, what would be the point of having the other characters if we can't see them fight ^_^

4. The_bounty_fry

The_bounty_fry New Member

I think DBZ is cool because it doesn't give you the impression that good guys always win, since they are able to die. It gives a fresh new twist to the world. The fantasy of DBZ fighting is very cool. That also gives the show high credit. As for goku always being somewhere else during a saga makes it awesome, because he arrives late, but gives you new hope and goosebumps when he powers up for the first time.

5. BoobeR

BoobeR Guest

Thats true! even when goku started off fighting Majin Buu he was dead. But then got life from Old Kai. Still though, it adds suspence and all the rest when goku's away, as most the others are weak and Vegeta's always rareing for a fight whenever goku gets back. :D

6. Salamander

Salamander New Member

My theory; Goku is secret weapon of heroes. That is why he is most of the time last one who fights the bad guys.

I remember the time when I used to like DBZ a lot. Then I watched Cowboy Bebop, Tenchi Muyo! and Rurouni Kenshin and I noticed that DBZ is not that great. I still like it, but it definetely is not the best anime/manga ever made.