Whats up with Boomerang and their BotP scheduling?

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Dirk Daring, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

This past Sunday they were supposed to air "Beast with a Sweet Tooth" but instead they aired "Attack of the Space Terrapin". Are they really looping over again considering they aired more episodes past "BwaST"? Some of the later eps i havent even seen again ever since the marathon. They also messed up big time a couple of months ago when they aired the same couple of episodes (first 3 IIRC) over and over. Makes me wonder if they are stalling until they get new eps (whenever that will be). It sucks too that BotP only airs on Sunday. As much as a sanitized Gatchaman that BotP is, i still enjoy watching i and currently it is the only Gatchaman-related show on TV (at least here in NYC). A channel like Boomerang has so much potential with its massive library of cartoons, but Turner or whoever is in charge of it doesnt take advantage of it :(

2. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Boomerang is all messed up. I guess we should be grateful they play "Battle of the Planets" at all, but their schedule leaves much to be desired. They have the wrong episode titles on both their own website and TiVo. I mean, they went through the trouble of entering all the episode titles, and don't play them they way they say they will. Plus, Boomerang sometimes does not start programs when they say they will...they do it eralier. Fortunately, "Battle of the Planets" is on an hour that they play the program at the right time, but come on. Are monkey's running the place over there? Is Gleek in charge or something?

3. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Well looks like Boomerang is back on track this week by showing "Perilous Pleasure Cruise" instead of the 2nd episode. But they skipped "Beast with a Sweet Tooth" which they were supposed to show last week. I must say this latest episode is the most violent episode of BOTP ive seen yet, with actual fight scenes like Princess smashing her yo yo into the Spectrans faces, with them subsequently plunging into the water (with no excuse to cover up for them!) and Mark breaking through a window and kicking a Spectrans head in. Then some dude in a wheelchair goes and takes a bomb and sacrifices himself by blowing up with it (again, no excuse/cover-up,his death was acknowleged as well as other storyline-related deaths which i wont go deep into). But the "Mark's birdarang knocks Spectrans unconcious" cover-up from the 1st ep was featured here too (sans the Jetsons space-car sound effect though LOL).

I was really suprised after seeing little if not any violence in previous BOTP eps (but of course there still must have been cover-ups or else the Zark scenes wouldnt have been there! ;)). Thankfully no Ready Room scenes in sight........yet. One thing rthat bothered me though was the poor video quality in this ep. How could the BOTP footage have detiriorated so badly when i see other cartoons of the same era on Boomerang with better video quality? Ive also seen half of a Gatchaman ep and the video quality on that wasnt too hot,probably equal to BOTP's,but i dont know if that was a TV rip or a DVD rip because i have a clip of the Gatchman I intro and it looks gorgeous,DVD quality and all. I doubt what i saw (Gatchaman) was a TV rip,because it didnt look like one. IMO in terms of video quality: Gatchaman I remastered (unsure)>>>>>>best quality BOTP eps>>>>GoS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gatchman I unremastered>>>>>>worst quality BOTP eps.

4. Dirk Daring

Dirk Daring New Member

Another thing that irks me about Boomerang is that they fail to acknowledge BOTP in any way. I never see any commercials or mentioning about it, so the only way people know about it is either in advance or by stumbling into it. Sucks that BOTP is being mistreated..........