FLCL Whats with the eye brows

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Notason89, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

I know what they are for but why wear them and look like an idiot like when Naota put them on it didn't do any thing for him so tell me what you think :anime:

[​IMG]
    (not me,cosplay)

2. Ellosde Pauk

Ellosde Pauk New Member

It's theorized that the eybrows act as inhibitors to NO. Without NO Haruko can't get anything out of Naota's head. Amarao, or as I like to call him Mr. Eyebrows, is wearing a set because it's believed that he meet Haruko when he was a kid and she used him like she uses Naota. If you watch ep 5, the one where Haruko and Amarao battle, he loses his eyebrows and starts looking for them frantically when Haruko starts chanting "Furi Kura." Which she opens a NO channel in his head and pulls out the little guitar, Diacon V (I think that's the name). Amarao puts them on Naota so Haruko can't use him, but that doesn't work because Haruko comes back and Naota is making such a shocked face in the manga scene of ep 6 that they fall right off.

3. Aelonil

Aelonil New Member

i also read somewhere that the eyebrows were a play on Ikari Gendo from NGE....

4. Ellosde Pauk

Ellosde Pauk New Member

What's NGE?

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Y'know, the anime that put Anno Hideaki on the map?

Also, I also believe that the eyebrows simply help with Amarao acting more mature. As soon as they fall off, he becomes utterly pathetic, in contrast to the talkative idiot he is with them on. Then, as soon as he gets them back, he's got enough courage to face Naota again.

6. Inu04Koga

Inu04Koga New Member

your right, they do make you look like an idiot

Gorge, i think you know who i am, right? :confused: Anyways, aren't they to keep Haruko from pulling things out of Nota's head? :confused: Or maybe i wasn't listening...(write to me, fatboy!) :anger2:

7. jsaxophone

jsaxophone New Member

I think both are somewhat correct. They keep Haruko from pulling things out of his head, and they also symbolize he's "thinking like an adult"

8. KyuubiKiena

KyuubiKiena New Member

They look like seaweed...
    I think they are just there because the EB-guy is self-concious

9. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

I think most of the time is that he feels it makes him look "adult like" with them all bushy like.

10. 64nd41ph

64nd41ph New Member

The eyebrows are supposed to block Naota's N.O. By interfering with the wave flictonation point. (For more on wave flictonation, see my post in the "What is FLCL" thread.)