Gravitation Whats with the painting?? (gravitation)

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by hatsuharufan, Aug 28, 2003.

1. hatsuharufan

hatsuharufan New Member

In the anime gravitation there is a guy named Yuki. He has this one painting in his house. And i swear it must sshow it a least two time per episode. I dont get what its for!!!! If anyone has any theories i would lie to know *it just bothes me*.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

is this the Warhol-esque Campbell soup can painting in the main room? (even though it says Valce or something on it) I've seen only one other and its a landscape scene. So if it is the Warhol, it suggests Yuki is a very well-known prominent citizen who is well-rounded in the arts. Writing is his forté, but he has a keen eye for art and style. which is true. does this help you?

sometimes animators just draw whatever on the walls to fill up the empty space.. ^___^ yet Yuki's greatest art in his collection is Shuichi however ;)

3. Engel

Engel New Member

Yea, I've wondered about that also. I just thought of it as a symbol of Yuki's well-being as well...and his existence as a whole. I don't know how else to explain, but Ciel probably is right. I mean, I totally agree with Ciel. I guess that's where I was going with my thought. Ha ha.

4. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

Ciel's definitely right. Shuichi's his best painting ever. well, it's a perspective drawing and it makes no sense. I think that there is a hidden meaning in this painting. (I'm good at finding hidden meanings) I think that it's supposed to describe Eiri Yuki himself. I mean, look at all those weird and mismatched peices. It looks like they're all forming into one. All the weird and scary things in Yuki's life form into one. Makes plenty of sense. :D