Manga What's YOUR favorite kind of manga?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ice_blue_eyes, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

I'm trying to make a comic book that would satisfy both girl and boy, both violent and quiet. so I want YOUR opinion and I'll tell you the results, or you can read for yourself. :anime: :anime: :anime:

2. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

This really should belong in the manga section.

I think that Chobbits and Love Hina would satisfy both sexes. Both have action adventure, romance, drama and fan-service :bleed2:

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Aye, should be in manga, but somone'll take care of that soon enough no doubt.

I actualy prefer shoujo type manga a lot of the time. I just think action stuff works better in anime than in manga, so I like stuff like Kare Kano, Kodocha or Love Hina(I know it's not shoujo, but it's not all action packed. Love Hina > * by the way. I do like a lot of more shounen manga too, like Lone Wolf & Cub, Blade of the Immortal and DNA^2, I just prefer less actiony ones.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

You need utter and total ridiculousness (i.e. Love Hina or One Piece).
    And of course, the obligatory ***-kicking scenes. Everything has those.

5. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

Something with really wild and out of control characters is something i like (even if there is just one in the story).

6. Hice

Hice New Member

Comedy and Action.

I like mangas that are funny, I also like ones that have good fights in them.

7. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

love an comedy. preferably both at the same time!
    ~MAGs

8. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Well, it's really hard for me to say, mainly because I like so many different stories, and I'm willing to give a lot of things a sporting chance.

I have noticed that I have a tendency to prefer fantastic stories to pretty much anything else. Of course, this covers a lot of ground. Classical/traditional fantasy definitely falls into this category, but so does romance, some comedy, science fiction....any number of different genres.

The biggest draws for me would have to be characters, story, and art when you get right down to it. There have to be interesting characters, preferably complex ones, although stereotypes can work as well depending on the story. The storyline/plot has to be engaging on more than one level, and the characters have to be able to interact with the story in a believable fashion. Finally, art. If it isn't pretty, chances are I'm not going to pick it up. Of course, pretty is subjective, and I do find a lot of things to be pretty.

I don't know how helpful this is going to be to you as it is filled with vague specifics, but hopefully you're able to get something out of it. Word of warning...it's highly doubtful that you're going to be able to create the "perfect" story, one that appeals to everybody. In the end, it's better to be happy with your work than frustrated because it doesn't have universal appeal and acclaim.

~Shadrach Anki

9. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Shoujo-style comics. I like that they have a bit of everything in them. ^^; But lately, I'm less into the comedy and more into the drama. I love drama~! Angst~! Romance~! With a bit of humor, of course, but more drama~! ^^;

And bishounen! ^^;; (Well, not really, but dude, it's bishounen! ^^)

10. Appleboy

Appleboy New Member

Ones which have titles that start with Nausicaa and end with Wind.

I like lot's of mangas really, just not the ones in Shonen Jump 'cause little kids always ruin it with they're "Naruto is the best and notihng can ever be better than it" you know? damn kids.

11. Maskai

Maskai New Member

You should look at Blade of the immortal. Might be a little to violent for your taste, though. The art work's really well done.

12. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

^^ I love romance and comedy mangas. ^^;; Could be becaue of my age, cause I loved action and fantasy a few years back. ^^;But I still enjoy them but not as much as as Romance and Comedy.

13. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Shoujo style, something with comedy. My friends and I all like the perverted humor. I like the creepy gothic or horror styles as well. I have never heard of anyone who did not enjoy Chobits, try going on those lines, crazy humor but have a serious plot. You always need awesome animation, detail plots and characters that sort of thing. You really cant predict what people will like, nor can you fit all preferences into one Manga, and make sure you do what you want.

14. Yuuki Miaka

Yuuki Miaka New Member

I like Shoujo and Comedy types.

15. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Love, comedy, adventure, sadness. xD

16. fuuhuji

fuuhuji New Member

well i really like shonen ai, but not everyone does so i guess it should be a comedy/action thing

17. Shinji_Ikari2k4

Shinji_Ikari2k4 New Member

This is easy i think the story needs to be strong otherwise people won't read it all and the characters need to be identifiable. My fav type of characters are the cute kind the ones you cant help but love with the supporting characters helping him or her a good example is demon diary and to some extent love hina (both main characters are hopelessly stupid)

18. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i like books that are like comedy/romance or action/comedy and stuff like that.

19. Ice_blue_eyes

Ice_blue_eyes New Member

Dude, like, Blade of the Immortal is one of my top fav, beside RK, YYH, and IY! I agree the art is absolutely remarkable. And nothing is too violent for my taste, I mean, the first manga I read was Akira....I think......But thanks soo much for your guy's feedback......Still want yur opinion!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

20. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

My favrite kind of manga is comedy/action/drama Like GTO
    and plus when i look into a manga i would like some thing that is kinda real none of that monster stuff or haveing girls come out of computers or (girls/boys coming out of the computer) if any body knows which one im talking about)