Saber Marionette What's your most recalled SMJ scene?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by luvweaver, Oct 6, 2003.

1. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

my most recalled scene of SMJ, is... gee, i don't know.

SMJ has many good scenes. What specifically? Fun? Sad? "Aaw"?

OK the fun scene i recall from SMJ is... hmmmmmm......... lemmesee...... oh i remember!

When the girls are fighting over who'll otaru marry, and Otaru and Lime ask: "What's married?" :p

OK sad scene... can I include JtoX?

When Otaru leaves on the train and the marionettes run after him, finally to feel abandoned.

*sniff* :( that was sad...

Now, "aaaw scene": Squirrely, when Lime cries on Otaru. I think it's my favorite. Altho I remember more my own fic scenes :p

2. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Due to some error I couldn't post the startin thread before. Here it goes

I thought this was a nice topic just for knowing something more about what you like about SM. I want to read about any kind of touching, silly, comic scene (in a word, that part you can't forget) about SM, and why (that's very important, why! :)

Although I recall some 3 or four. My most recalled one is when Lime hugs Otaru at chapter #20 of SMJ. In a few movements she expresses the will of staying with him forever, no matter whatever happens.

I would like to add the spoiler thing but it seems that it doesn't works :p

3. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Oh, memories, memories! *sniff*

Well, the only one I've seen fully is SMJ Again, a three video box set about Marine. ^_^ So here are a few scenes I love:

(Well, spoiler tag won't work.. so....)

SPOILER!

******When Marine dies, because it was so surprising...

******When Lime put the seashell up against dead Marine's ear, because it was such a sad, touching moment.

******When Hanagata's little brother says, I quote, "My big brother... is such a... DUMBASS!" LOL!!

******One of my FAVORITE scenes:
    Hanagata: *getting beat up in adjacent room*
    Lil Bro: *at dinner table, in squeky sweet voice* Thank you god, for...
    Hanagata: *flies into room, causing hole in wall* HEEELP! *crashes*
    Lil Bro: *dosen't notice* ...this wonderful food! *smile* AMEN!

******That catchy intro! Gotta luv it~

******The scene where those two marionettes fought those wierd new texas things (liquid metal) in castle Japonness.

******When Lime got possesed, because she looked frikkin awesome.

******The beach scene that starts and ends the series, with Lime and all.

DONE SPOILING!

Those are only a very few. I LOVED this anime.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Based on the few random episodes I have seen, let's see ... both are going to be comical because I find SMJ to be very difficult to take seriously (sorry, everyone).

1. Hanagata wrestling his father. That had to be the shortest match in history. If you can call it a match, anyway.

2. Lime trying to cook. The phrase "it's good because it twitches" comes to mind.

An honourable mention goes to Lime's reaction when Hanagata's car got her new clothes all dirty after Otaru said she looked good.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

No need for apologies. A few random episodes will leave that impression. It's usually the later quarter where the serious emotional episodes come inot play for a SM season.

To the original topic, that's like daring me to write out the entire series. :p

Tons of memorable moments there, so I'll just take the first 40 I can think of right now.

1) [J] Spin the Elephant!
    2) [J] The undercover saber dolls (Hula Dance ;))
    3)
    The three say farewell to Otaru on the Mesopotamia
    4) [J] Lime's difficult goodbye with Squirrely
    5)
    Hanagata stands up for himself(!) against Otaru after he steals some bread
    6) [J] Baiko and Tamasaburo introduce themselves for the first time to the Kreager that has been spying on Japoness
    7) [J Again] Hanagata makes a ninja appearance through an old castle turn-wall, and gets smacked back through again
    8) [J] An emotional Tiger turns her raging eyes on Ieyasu amidst the flames of the badly beaten Orange Blossoms
    9) [J] Faust X inherits his predecessors' memories, and loses his innocence
    10) [J] Bloodberry captures a Ponta-kun for Otaru to eat right after it hugs her leg and offers flowers
    11) [J] Lime scares the other two marionettes with her mouse friend
    12) [J] Hanagata, the laundry machine spin-cycle
    13) [J to X] Otaru passes out from over-exhaustion
    14) [J] Otaru knocks out Tangin before he can "finish his pose"
    15)
    A damaged Tiger causes Faust to return to his senses
    16) [J to X] Lime and Hanagata play Jan-Ken-Pon (Rock-Paper-Scissors) all day long, and he doesn't win even once (he never has)
    17) [J] Cherry has a fantasy while helping Otaru sell candy, and causes all the children to keep their distance from her pot banging
    18)
    Gartland's main computer fails after Otaru and Hanagata pee on it
    19)
    Obiichi and Otaru face each other for Lime's Otome Circuit
    20)
    Clone Faust shoots Gettel dead (was waiting for someone to finally do that)
    21)
    Castle Japoness is transformed in Japoness-Gar
    22)
    Luchs drops the bombs meant for the main computer in a nice little pile, with a smirk that halts their escape
    23)
    President Joy is exposed as the lying scum he is in front of all New Texas
    24)
    Akashi refuses to let Otaru see Bloodberry, after hearing she was 1 of 3 marionettes he owned
    25) [J to X] Hanagata plays four hands of cards by himself on the train
    26) [J to X] Baiko spits on her energy blade to make it grow gosh-darn long
    27) [J] "Mr. Prickly" :)
    28) [J to X] The much-talked-about Bloodberry flashback of the early J to X episodes (mainly because it's a loose end and intriguing)
    29) [J] Lorelei and Otaru meet for the first time, and she fails to console him
    30) [J to X] Panther plays Battle Sabers on PSX
    31) [J] The Japoness Hell Gang's "loss" to Otaru when he comes to Cherry's rescue
    32) [J to X] The sukiyaki dance
    33) [J] Bloodberry seals herself in with Leopard, calmly giving Lime the order to look after Otaru.
    34) [R] Lime wins the Saber tournament by copying her opponent's move. "Let me try that!"
    35) [J to X] Hanagata shatters Otaru's extension of the twin birds myth by pointing out there are no birds with four wings.
    36) [J] Otaru carries Lime home on his back
    37) [J] Lime beats up Obiichi and his entire class of students
    38) [J Again] Marine timidly passes Otaru's hat from across the room, and behind a table
    39)
    Hess (through Fan Fan) betrays Ming
    40) [J to X] Lorelei is mistaken for a guy when she passes back a stray ball

6. jindo

jindo New Member

I don't actually remember which volume it was but when Otaru kisses Lucks and everyone is shocked beyond words. :D

7. Novus

Novus Gone

The exploding Faust marionette left a lasting impression as well. That was the first episode with Bloodberry, I think. I can't recall though ... stupid misplaced tape ...

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Cherry giving her breast to the baby. very very touching to me. I was like this when I saw that
    *TT____TT*

9. bokulimedayou

bokulimedayou New Member

I've only seen the first 9 programs but my favorite out of those is in "If We All Go To Garlant Together, It Won't Be So Scary!" when Lime talks about wanting to tell Faust that war is bad

10. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Note I: I’ll list only those most recalled SMJ scenes, that weren’t listed yet. They are listed without any particular order, but the scene listed first is definitely the most recalled scene for me!

Note II: Sometimes, it is hard for me to decide what is to be considered to be spoiler and what not, and so, I choose to use maximum security in this post of mine; i.e. some scenes, which I defined as spoilers, are possibly not really much of the spoilers. But personally I wouldn’t recommend those who haven’t see indicated series to read the scenes from them, which I defined as spoilers in this post of mine.

1) [J] "Cherry's deadly rice tub boomerang!"

2)
    Near the end, when Otaru goes to 'take care of those lousy missiles' and finds out that instead of some kind of fighter or turret (where he apparently expected to find himself) he is in the escape pod.

3) [J] Panther is cooking on the Japoness Marionettes Contest and adding some gunpowder into her cooking.

4) [J Again] Luchs is cooking and using gunpowder instead of black pepper.

Note: Faust must be a really tough guy to be able to survive his faithful Saber Dolls' cooking!

5) [J] The first time Tiger's memories about the time she spent with young Faust are displayed; right after Tiger overheard Faust saying to Goddel, that perhaps he (Goddel) is right and Saber Dolls would be better without hearts (i.e. Maiden Circuits).

6)
    When Faust is about to kill Luchs and Panther, and in response they are saying their thanks to him, and saying that to die at his hands would be a great honor.

7) [J Again] Panther trys to fix her precious golden dagger and gives the better name to Marine then anybody else could think of; despite the fact that she is still angry with Marine.

8)
    Marine is looking at Tiger’s lifeless body and sharing Tiger’s memories of the time she (Tiger) spent with her beloved Faust-sama.

9)
    Tiger wakes up, (apparently) regaines all her memories and personality even though her Maiden Circuit is supposed to be broken, and saves her beloved Faust-sama’s life (with significant help from Marine).

10) [J] Cherry fantasizes about her beloved Otaru-sama at the breakfast and tears the tablecloth apart.

11) [J Again] Cherry is looking at "Luchs’s Special Variety Stew", which is supposed to be Faust’ s favorite, and muttering that Faust is certainly good to Luchs.

12) [J Again] Luchs fantasizes about her beloved Faust-sama (I couldn’t really imagine Luchs fantasizing before I actually saw this scene).

13) [both J and J Again] “Dr. Hess has gone missing!”

14) [J Again] Faust calmly sits in his prison cell, waiting for Dr. Hess to come to free him.

15) [J Again] Faust calmly and freely walks around President Joy’s White House (or whatever President Joy calls his residence), as if it was Faust’s residence, not President Joy’s, overhearing evrything he wants to hear in the process.

Note: Is it my imagination, or New Texas has a serious problems with security?