Fan Art Wheel Of Time Fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dante, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Dante

Dante New Member

Here are two pictures based on Wheel Of Time characters (book series by Robert Jordan) that I decided to do. Both are crappily done, and have a very poor, elementary-styled skill of coloring, but alas... ;P Oh well. Anyways, here they are:

The Band Of The Red Hand:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/AmonSena/matjuilinthom.jpg

This picture contains Matrim "Mat" Cauthon, Juilin Sadar, and Thom Merrilin. Juilin was probably the hardest, because of the skin tone. I guess it came out okay.

The Two Rivers Gang:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/AmonSena/perrinloialgaularam.jpg

This picture contains Perrin "Goldeneyes" Aybara, Loial, Gaul, and Aram. Gaul came out very strange, so I don't really like him all that much. x_x Perrin came out surprisingly well... Aram.. well, I didn't find anything on Aram really besides that he was about the same age as Perrin, and that he was considered handsome. Then, of course, is Loial, the giant Ogier in the back, who I think came out the best. :p

[EDIT]By the way... that's supposed to be a Myrddraal/Fade/Halfmen's head that Perrin's holding. :p Guess that Fade ****ed with the wrong blacksmith ;P[/EDIT]

Yeah, yeah, I Know... all pretty crappy with horrific jobs of coloring. XD But oh well. :p

I'd appreciate any comments/insults. ;P

1 person likes this.
  2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

The Band Of The Red Hand

I'm genuinely impressed; Although the material used was not too appropriate for a serious artistic attempt, you still managed to make the characters look fairly real. The facial structure is remarkable for the scrutinous detailing. On the reverse side, as you pointed out, the coloring is what makes it only 'decent'. Good effort nonetheless.

The Two Rivers Gang

The aforementioned statements apply here as well. Although.. What in the world is going on with the guy in the middle? Whose head is he holding? XD

3. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

What I think is the most impressive about your drawings here is the age of the characters. The characters really seem to look their age. This has always been a problem for me, so I guess I notice when it's done right.

As Arcueid stated, the facial structures are each unique and very good. Most of my faces look the same, another thing I personally need to work on.

I like these pictures!

1 person likes this.
  4. LiLd3vil4u

LiLd3vil4u New Member

Extrordinary my friend, truely extrordinary. I do not particularly care for them colored I dont think. Kudos on Perrins eyes and Thoms facial features however. They are VERY well done. I have a question though, arnt there supposed to be patches on Thoms cloak? It has been awhile since I read that series but I seem to think for some reason that their were. *shrug* Other then that though, these pics are awsome, keep up the good work. ^^

5. Genghis Khan

Genghis Khan New Member

Wow! You really captured a lot of the character! I love how you draw Matt with that cocky smile! Good job!

6. Spiggy

Spiggy Freak of Nature

The Band Of The Red Hand - Matt is the best character here :). Not sure that I like Juilin but, meh that's probably just me :rolleyes:

The Two Rivers Gang - I like this one! Especially Ogier XD

Good work!

1 person likes this.
  7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I think you did a nice job on both of um. Like you pointed out, the coloring could use some work. I really agreee with Meaikoh, the characters really do look like their ages, Well done!

In the band of the red hand, the guy with the hair slicked back was done well. Esspecially the eyes. The top of the old guy's head is alittle out of porportion but it looks okay.

In the two river gang, i really like the Ogre and the head in the guy's hand.

Keep up the good work!

1 person likes this.
  8. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

wow. i really like the first one!! really nice amon!! keep it up.. well.. i think you color better than me. i certainly cannot color stuff that is why u dont see my pics colored.. heheheh.. bu ti really tell you i like the first one.. and the second as well but the first is my fav
    good job

misao

9. furryb

furryb Blind guy drawing...

The way you draw faces is your strong point. The way you draw bodies needs a bit of work. Then again, I'm not to great at that myself. :sweat:

10. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

Body and face is both strong. I just didn't like Loial's giant eyes. I'd thought of them as.. not that wide. He's not exactly the 'wee joyous' type. Good job with Mat, though I don't think the utter nobility theme fits him much, though he takes upon it often. The quarterstaff perhaps would need more detail. Thom's the only one a bit strange to me, but I picture him a different way, so that could just be me.

11. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

I love...

Um mat's quarter stick isnt what ipictured it. BUt its great. I love this series!!!!lmao.The coloring and shading is cool. And mat look very gamblery.....(thats a word ist it)