Recreation when are people being the most honest?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Odango_rose, Dec 12, 2002.

?

when are people being honest as they can?

1. when they are angry, upset, and tend to say nasty things

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. when they are kinda laid back and relaxed, and calm

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. when they are in a good mood, you know happy as they can be

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. another time/ mood they might be in

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

ok I was thinking, you know when your talking to someone you care about, and they do something to make you mad. BUT you don't say anything.

is that being dishonest?

and when are ppl the most honest/dishonest?

why do you think this?

2. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

yeah, i guess it is being dishonest, but it isnt wrong.
    usually i tell people when they are starting to piss me off, but exeption for: my dad, attractive females, and famous people.
    ummm.... but i reakon people are only honest when they are linked up to a lie detector. Or when they are in an argument, and they are soo angry, the just let everything out.
    i lie to try and get myself out of trouble, but sometimes i feel bad and tell the truth.
    But, i think it really depends on the moment. and the person. so.... yeah, i dunno.

3. Alien_Sacrifice

Alien_Sacrifice New Member

My point of view: I really don't think it's being dishonest, if anything your sparing there feeling from getting hurt. Sometimes it's better to just let the negative stuff go and not to think about it. On the other hand if it's something really important or they keep doing whatever it is that's upsetting you I think it's in your best interest to let them know how you feel. Clearly if there hurting you a lot they can't truley care about you.

It all really depends on the situation.

As for when are people most honest I would definetly say when there mad because when your mad you don't care about others feelings or if they're going to like what you say or not...You just say what's on your mind and how you Really feel. Usually if your mad you don't think about what the effects of what your saying will be...you just say it. Most people aren't totally honest w/ other people becasue if they were they'd probably end up hurting peoples feeling a lot and then no one would want to be around them. But that's just what I think...:)

4. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

I think ppl are most honest when (if) they sleep talk!

but mabey not, because sometimes we deam allot of nonsence....

oh well, I'm confused now....

5. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

everyone does have nice standing points.

at first I was thinking that it would be when your upset, because well... you don't think of others feelings.

but I decided when you were happy, because it's usually like that most the time. though you can't always tell ppls feelings.

6. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I'm really honest when I'm mad--I blurt out everything when I'm furious...guess some people do the same...:dizzy2:

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

When your REALY drunk and Mad at someone. the truth comes out... or all the negetive truth anyway

KaME

8. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

i sleeptalk sometimes, and i dream REALLY strange things! lol :catgirl:

9. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I agree with KaMe....when you're super drunk, and mad or sad or whatever...it all just rolls right out. And u don't know exactly what u said until later. Yet another reason why getting drunk is good. (....hey...it IS good...when u disclude the above reason....if this makes sense to u, i commend u)
    PEACE:cool:

10. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

yes that is true, you do tell alot of the truth when your drunk. I know!

11. Odin

Odin Member

Is it honest to say what's on your mind if someone pisses you off? That depends on what you mean by honest. One definition of "honest" is "honorable in principles, intations, and actions," which does not really apply to the question. The action of not saying anything wouldn't be honorable nor dishonorable - it's a neutral action (unless your idea of honorable is to say what's on your mind all the time, which I don't think is a great definition since it is not a prudent course of action). However, under the definition "sincere; frank" then the action would more likely be dishonest. HOWEVER, to not say anything may be because the person has the self-control to do so since they don't want to, in turn, hurt their friend, which is an honorable intention. Another definition, being "truthful or credible," blurs the lines a bit because you may not be in a situation that *requires* you to say what's on your mind, but there may also be a situation where it is best to do so.

I attempt to be honest all the time, and I can't give any particular situations where I'm more or less honest.

I would agree that when somebody is angry is probably when they're the most honest, for the reasons stated in other people's posts. Arguments can be made for each case, however. If somebody's laid back and relaxed, that usually indicates that they're content - so why bother being dishonest? Things are going well. Why ruin the moment (this goes for the "happy" case, too)? Unless you're a deceitful mob bossb and you're so successful that you're relaxed. It really depends on the personality and the current motives of the person. I might be dishonest, but I make myself calm so nobody is aware of this fact.
    -Odin

12. Yamigirl930

Yamigirl930 New Member

I don't think it's dishonest. I think it's more like keeping it to yourself. It'd be dishonest if you said something like "Oh I don't care"

13. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I agree that usually the truth comes out when a person is angry. Well, in my case, it is true.

14. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

Dont think people are realy more honest or dishonest when there in moods, when your mad you just want to hurt people, so you say things that are true and not ture in an attempt to do so, when your happy you tell people the truth to make them happy, but you also lie.

Truth depends on the content of the information tbh, if its sesitive you usualy lie about it, if its not, you dont.

15. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

personally I'm most honest when I wear my purple underwear, but that's just me

16. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Honesty is relative I think. I try to be for the most part honest, all of the time. I admit I do lie about small things, but things that are important, I am earnest about. I don't think anyone (sober) can ever be completely honest, they're always holding back something, unless it's one of the most intimate of moments. So, I would say those moments are when a person is most honest, when they're opening up to somone they care about. Or when they're rat arsed.

17. Tomo-chan

Tomo-chan New Member

There are so many answers to this that can also contradict themselves in some occasions...

It depends on the person and the occasion usually. I personally voted for the angry situation, because when people blow up, or just break down, they don't think about what they're saying and they just let it all out (as said before). When someone is calm and relaxed, and lie (or just say an untruth, for a milder "lie"), they probably planned it all out or something... or maybe they're just too comfortable with the lie. Or... damn. Now I've confused myself.

18. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

Well, I'm more likely to tell the honest-to-goodness truth when I'm angry and I just accidently blurt everything out. But sometimes I'll be honest if I sit and think about it and get calmed down. Most of the time, I believe people will tell the truth when they are in a torrent of fury.

19. Misao

Misao New Member

the most honest people in the world are the satorare's ^^
    they are very honest.. (transparent)... no one are honest in times but i just could say that satorare are the most honest existings

20. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

What is a satorare? I've never heard of them.

I usually think that when I'm emotional, I may be honest, but actually I usually don't even say anything. And I've never been drunk, since I don't drink alcohol. If I WAS ever drunk, I'd probably s t r e t c h the truth just to freak people out.