Movies Which is better Star wars or Spiderman?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Inu-Girl, May 24, 2002.

?

Which is better Star Wars or Spiderman?

1. Star Wars

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. Spiderman

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

This is a big debate in my school so I wanted to know what you guys think.:p

2. Chibi Meg

Chibi Meg New Member

Star Wars ^_^ I never really liked Spider man very much - its the whole comic book thing - doesn't really appeal to me for some reason...
    I haven't seen either Spider Man or Star Wars Episode II so I can't compaire them as movies, but I have always been a huge huge Star Wars fan so I don't think one movie about a computer animated guy in a lycra suit is going to change that :D lol theres my rant :p

3. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

lol, it's kind of funny but I haven't seen the movies either.:p

4. Kyo935

Kyo935 New Member

Man, i was dissapointed when i saw episode II =(. Spider Man was allot better.

5. chupito

chupito New Member

Spider man!!! I just love that cartoon they made!

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

umm, I hope you actually mean the two movies that just came out. I was thinking about this earlier. I find I enjoyed SpiderMan more. Not as crowded with scenes, ran smoother too. Star Wars is awesome though, but I liked SpiderMan better.

7. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

thats actually a debate round here too go figure i have seen both movies and while both were loverly i totally liked star wars more i was blown away by it spiderman was just another good movie to me. episode two on the other hand is one that i am SO buying when it comes out. i loved it and i just cant say enough about it so il spare you all and just say see it for yourselves if you havent (well see both they are good)

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Star WArs... cuz it's more SCi-fci and fantasy in my opinion... 6_6

9. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

SpiderMan! I love it!!! I could watch it a million times and never grow tired of it!

And not to mention I love Tobey Mcguire...:rolleyes:

10. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Well if by Star Wars, you mean the recent Episode II, I go with Spider-Man without a doubt. I was extremely disappointed with Episode II, and Spider-Man turned out much better than I had anticipated (especially with quick appearances from Stan the Man himself and Bruce Campbell, even though I dislike that Tobey Macguire character...not as much as Elijah Wood... but I dislike Tobey all the same).

11. Keita-chan

Keita-chan New Member

I liked Spiderman, better. But seeing Yoda fight with that little light saber was cool. ^^ Oops! Was that a spoiler?!

12. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

To compare on episode of Star Wars to any other one movie is blasphemy in my opinion. No story is greater then Star Wars, and strictly speaking about sfx, Star Wars is superior, not to mention the fact that Lucas did the effects for Spider-Man as well. :p

Of course not everyone can like Star Wars, but I highly doubt you see people cheering and screaming in any other movie, it is amazing. It took what Lord of the Rings established, and transfered this idea of universe to the supreme visual media, and created something so original it still rains supreme. Lord of the Rings is indeed awesome, and I love the symbolism between the characters and the Ring, but it merely one adventure. Star Wars is two at once, it is the only movie in which you will recieve the answer to good and evil, and which rules supreme, how it all connects is amazing. I don't think anything will be as good as the Star Wars saga.

BUT, looking at the numbers, Spider-Man has made 400 million, while Episode 2 has made 300 million, of course worldwide these numbers will probably change. Spider-man pulled in the geeks, and the common people, Star Wars is hard to truely understand if you are not a fan so less common people went to it. Also it was the first movie of the summer, remember that The Mummy Returns made 72 million on its opening weekend...Lucas did the effects for those movies as well. ALSO, Sony spent 50 million on advirtising the movie, while LucasFilm spent around 25 million on Star Wars. Then when you consider toy, video game, and other merchandise I'm pretty confident we can say Star Wars won. The movie that recieved the most attention while in the Theater is Gone With the Wind, second is Star Wars: A New Hope, and 9th is Titanic. I thought I would end on that note.

Star Wars rocks.

13. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

There is little to choose from between Ep.II and Spidey, but I went for Ep.II, because I'm already a star wars fan.