Manga which manga is your unfavourite?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by me_dreaming_zzz, Apr 9, 2004.

1. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

which manga is the most boring, silly and weirdest? and why do u hate it? For me it is FLCL(its slow, weird and is about,well, nothing?) and Love Hina(its annoying and boring).

2. bluefuzyslipper

bluefuzyslipper New Member

Personally, I LOVE all manga. But if someone tied me up and pointed a gun at my forehead, it would be Ceres. I've only read volume one. I think it is good, but I like mangas like Inu-Yasha, Sailor Moon, and Chobits. In my opinion, Ceres can't compare to these incredible stories. But I've only read volume one so I don't know if the series improves or not. I intend to find out though!!! :catgirl:

3. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

FLCL & Love Hina are one of the best mangas out...but that's my opinion.

Personally, I don't have any "dislike", but I could put Cowboy Bebop in that category of dissappointed. It wasn't good enough...samething with the anime, I got even more bored of the constant " Beboping ".

So, I guess, you could say Cowboy Bebop.

- Teddz

4. Tenchi Urashima

Tenchi Urashima New Member

bucknasty

ok um, my least favorite manga, the leas favorite manga that i didn abandon was shalion sisters they just had bad ending and common plot, my leat avorie abondened one was fruit baskt, i couldnt stand the eyese n e more,i forgot who ut the angaa-ka who made fruit bsket ant draw EYES CANTCANTCANT

5. Novus

Novus Gone

I am inclined to say Ranma 1/2, with its unoriginal art, repetive jokes and recycled to hell plot. And it never seems to end. It just keeps going on and on and on, and then I fall asleep dreaming about reading something better.
    Of course, Rave Master was terrible as well (or at least the 1 volume I read was). I think that plot gets used for a new manga on a weekly basis.

6. ~Sara~

~Sara~ New Member

Kare Kano! I don't like them becuase of that girl lost her virginity when she's 13!! 13!! :anger2: Author of that book, should write older characters, not like 13-year-old. Like 16, that's appreciate. Am I making senses to ya?? :sad:

7. kyrie

kyrie New Member

I'd have to say Pita-ten. Granted, I've only read the first book.... but the chick talks like Elmer Fudd..... I hate that...

~Chi

8. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, I haven't read that - but I don't see what's wrong with the mangaka having a character lose her virginity so early, provided it's done for a reason. I mean, lots of girls DO have sex that young - it doesn't make it a good thing, but depending on the kind of story that's being told, that sort of realism can be a valuable element of the plot. Now you've actually made me want to pick up the series, to see how it was handled.

Personally, I can't say there's really a manga that I greatly dislike - if something bores me, I just stop reading it, so I couldn't call myself knowledgeable about it. A few titles that really just didn't draw me in, though... Dragonball and DBZ, there just wasn't a lot there to interest me. The story has never impressed me, and frankly, Akira Toriyama's art doesn't appeal to me at all. Magic Knights Rayearth also just didn't hook me - I read the first four volumes, trying to give it a chance, but I just couldn't manage to give a damn about the plot or characters. ^^;

One qualifier of manga that I avoid, though, is the ones that have been flipped and printed to read right-to-left. I find that very disruptive, since I have to keep reminding myself that the characters' features are reversed. I'm glad that manga is being printed the correct way more often now.

EDIT: Actually, let me add Ranma to my list as well. I read it years ago and found it entertaining, but since then I've come to agree with Novus - it's pretty unoriginal stuff at the core.

9. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I'd have to say Paradise Kiss. I only read a few of the books, but still it was very weird. I think the main character is stupid and a brat. Also I don't particularly like any of the other characters too much either.

10. Badluck

Badluck New Member

Sorry....
    but Chobits is my least favorite anime/manga
    I don't see why people thought Chii is so cute.
    I don't like making women stupid. :sad:

11. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

so far, my least favorite manga has been love hina and lament of the lamb. both books are just plain boring, and i detest the drawing for lamb. plus, in love hina, gyah, naru is just such a bloody female dog. (lol. no offense to dogs. i love ya'lls!!!)

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, although I enjoy all manga, Love Hina would be the one that would fit this category. I dunno why. Perhaps it was too ecchi for my taste. Perhaps it was boring for some reason. Perhaps it was just that I couldn't get into it.

But Love Hina would be the one I had the most trouble getting into. I still haven't read more than Vol. 1.

13. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i know exactly what you mean...

but i keep buying the books, even though i don't read them...

14. MaesHughes

MaesHughes New Member

Love Hina. I don't see what's so great about it. It's dull and doesn't really stick out to me, but that's just my opinion.

15. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I know Sandland was my first manga but,now I look at all the other ones and I don't know how I was still sane reading it!!!!!!!!

16. SoraStrife

SoraStrife New Member

let's see here...

well i'm so sorry to say this but i think the manga that wasn't great was "please teacher" and "please twins"...and anything that had to do with chicks and being to "desprate" *wink* wink* to look for a guy to "do it" with... and annoying chicks that are just plain dumb and boring.....okay this is the thing i dilike the most is when chicks from mangas go back and forth with liking some guy that they have a crush on.....even though that guy is a real butt-head to her or "popular"......too many of those out there i can't say some of the names but i'll look it up soon...but seriously! just hate those "please teacher,please twins" things! and yeah i agree with not liking "love hina"....guess you can say that it's just for guys.....that don't have a girlfriends...LOL...one of my friends have all of their series and the movies...how pethetic is that?! but it makes me laugh though, just making fun of him.....hahahahahahah!!!!

17. Shuyin

Shuyin New Member

Tokyo mew mew -CRINGES-

18. Kedoku Makoto

Kedoku Makoto New Member

For me is onegai twins and sombie hunter

it's just DUHHHHH!!!

[​IMG]
    AND I LOVE NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

:p

19. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

i dont understand FLCL at all. i really did not like it....

20. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Funny, Love Hina and Chobits are two of my favorite series. I guess you just need to stick with them to like them. And I liked the FLCL manga alot too- especially the art style.

Now, as for manga I hated and was so angry I bought:

Cowboy Bebop (SO lame compared to the anime, I was very disappointed.)

Seven of Seven- Here's my critical amazon review:

This manga was awful. Everything about it was cliche and unoriginal, but that's not the worst part. The hardly-there story is dull and pointless, not to mention it introduces itself within the first 2 pages of the book. It's not just rushed, it seems like the author doesn't even care to make a story; he justs wants to get in tons and tons of fanservice. Which brings me to another point of this book- it is a sorry excuse for pantyshots and naked girls. I have nothing against fanservice, as long as the manga is good, but this one proves itself to be nothing but a flashy mess. Now to the art. I cannot say that any manga I've experienced has had "bad" or "untalented" art, but if I had to pick the worst it would surely be Seven of Seven- it stands out as sloppy and rushed.
    Lastly I would like to say how much of a disappointment this book was. When you think of someone having seven clones of themselves, the results SHOULD be chaotic and funny. Come on. How can you ruin that? Somehow, the mangaka does.