Saber Marionette Which song do you most identify Saber Marionette J with?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Aug 24, 2004.

?

Which song do you identify Saber Marionette J with most?

1. Successful Mission

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. I'll Be There

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hesitation

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Proof of Myself

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Lively Motion

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

So, when you listen to each of these songs, which makes you think of Saber Marionette J more than any other song? Which do you relate SMJ to most?

For me, although I enjoy Lively Motion the most, I must admit that Hesitation is the one that really makes me think of Saber Marionette J.

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I identify myself with "Proof of myself", because most of the time I watched J2X, and brings back nice memories :)

3. Reisti Skalchaste

I don't know, maybe it's the fact that Hesitation is the only song I still have to turn on the DVD to listen to. I've got soundtracks for Lively Motion and Proof of Myself, and Megumi Hayashibara's "Iravati" CD for Successful Mission and I'll be there.

4. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Although "I'll Be There" is my favorite song from SMJ, I actually identify SMJ with all the three image songs for our heroines - Lime's "Successful Mission", Cherry's "I'll Be There" and Bloodberry's "Don't Waste Your Love!". I acutally heard these songs before I watched SMJ, and they in fact were the very reason why I bought SMJ, which I foolishly overlooked at first. Each of these songs is just perfect for the maiden it was wrote for, and I identify SMJ with each of them equally, or to be more precise, I identify SMJ all three of them.

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Successful Mission, since it was the first song I heard since I watched the show many years back before hearing any of the songs. So it stuck and so I would say its probably the song I most relate with SMJ.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Successfull Mission. None of the other songs' lyrics come as close as to describing SMJ as much as it does.

"The strength to break free from the tangled strings is sleeping inside of you"

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, that is true, but, for my choice, it's not so much what the song is saying as it is which song makes me think of SMJ the quickest. Subconciously, Hesitation is the one that does this. When I listen to Hesitation, I don't know, I suddenly feel like I really am watching the series, even if I had just finished SMJ. Don't ask me why.

All of the songs are great, and I enjoy listening to all of them, but, for some reason, Hesitation is the song that I relate to SMJ the easiest. Perhaps it is as I said, and it's because it is the only song I still have to actually turn on the DVD to listen to, the rest I have on CDs and have listened to in many circumstances.

8. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Izayoi, from chapter 24 of J and Enrai, when Otaru kisses the girls for the first time.

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, because there are a LOT of songs in the series, I figured I'd just use the opening and ending themes, rather than try to make a poll using all the songs in the series. So, out of those, which do you most identify SMJ with?

10. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

Succesful Mission then. Purisumu hajimeru

11. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Even with all the songs: Successful Mission!
    As BakaMattSu said, it's the closest to the SMJ description. Even this is the one I completely know the lyric (without understand it all of course)

kimiwomamorutamekonochini
    kimito....

12. Reisti Skalchaste

And you know what? The Hesitation remix is a totally awesome song!

New Top 5 List:

1. Hesitation (remix) Seimeisen no Maria (remix) Successful Mission, Lively Motion (Yes, they're all tied for first.)

5. I'll be There (Ballad Version), Izayoi. (Don't get me wrong, they're only lower by a little bit.)

Anyway, I still find that (mentally) I connect Hesitation with SMJ the quickest. Seimeisen no Maria is the opposite end of the spectrum. I barely know it's SMJ.

13. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Ooooh, easy listening muzak

How can one such as myself get my grubby li'l mitts on the above songs?

~the wert

14. Reisti Skalchaste

I just got myself the 'Saber Marionette Best' Soundtrack. 2 CDs, containing all your favorite songs, including: (Remixes marked with 'R')

Dakishimete! Lovin' you
    Sobaniiruyo, Yasashiki Epilogue
    Anata o Zutto Mitsumeteiru
    Successful Mission
    Enrai
    Don't Waste Your Love!
    Izayoi
    Kibou no Teema
    Sakaseruze! Dokyoubana
    Mamotte Ageru
    Heart Break Down
    Kage ni Nare
    Kaze no Uta o Kiki Nagara
    Hesitation (R)

Disc 2:

Proof of Myself (R)
    Yume Mitsuketa (R)
    Everything is Love
    Kuri Hiroi
    Iyokan
    Sennichite
    Jodan ja naiyo!
    Kaze to Sora wo Koete (R)
    Seimeisen no Maria (R)
    Lively Motion (R)
    Isshoni (R)

All this can be yours for a mere $30 at E-bay.

...Geez, now I feel like one of those dumb TV commercials.

15. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Yay! I just got some of those!
    I don't recognize some of them, perhaps they don't appear in the series, right? But I don't know which ones.

Damn it, jedimdo! Say something useful!
    Shut up, Shedimdo! I'm trying to write something. We cannot behave like now at boards.jp
    Yeah, right. Now that you're being mean I'm going to reveal the truth about Cherry.
    No, don't say it! Don't you see that someones could be hurted?
    Gomen nasai, jedimdo, I don't want to be that bad.
    Okay
    (Notes: Je is written in japanese with a modifyed Shi and a little E)

Now, with this list, after Successful Mission and Hesitation, the one which makes me think on SM is Ishoni

16. Reisti Skalchaste

So, jedimdo, what songs don't you recognize? Having listened to all of them, I can tell you when each is played, except Anata o Zutto Mitsumeteiru. And, do tell, what is this "truth" that "Shedimdo" wanted to say? You've piqued my curiosity.

And mine as well. What do you mean, 'the truth about me?' That I'm here with Shinryu-sama? Something else?
    [​IMG]

17. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

oooooook....

Ok, this post is getting a little wierd now...

Lemme pose this Question to all ya- Which song do you identify most with each CHARACTER in SMJ? For all of us who don't necessarily have the soundtrack I wouldn't hold it against ya if you chose songs from an american band or where ever. Here's a few as an example.

Marine: 'Izayoi' by Megumi (Do I really need to explain why I picked this one?)

Faust: 'Here without you' by 3 Doors Down (Listen to the lyrics. He may have been a mean old barsted in the first series, but at least you knew why.)

Tiger: 'Anything for You' by Evanescence ("I'll beleive, all your lies, Just pretend you love me!" - Obviously for first season only.)

Hanagata: 'Sharp Dressed Man' by ZZ Top ( ...This one is a joke, ok?)

Those are a few examples. oO; Let's see what comes of this...

~The wert

18. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Weird? Check this thread [thread]14270[/thread]
    Well...
    Let's tell him jedimdo! He's asking for it
    Shhh! I don't think that you want to know it, Shinryu
    But, jed, he said th...
    Everything is as it has to be. We are with her, my precious, Cherry

19. Reisti Skalchaste

Ahh yes, I remember that thread well. It's a good thing it got locked. Who knows what might have happened if it hadn't.

Hmm... *imagines*

Shinryu- You will not get away with this! You and your MEATS OF EVIL WILL PAY!!!!

Lucky- *runs off* Woopwoopwoopwoop!

Neph- *snicker*

Shinryu- What are you laughing at, you little... :anger2: YOU CANNOT DEFEAT THE GREAT SHINRYU!!!!
    *end imagination*

(Yes, I got that meats of evil bit from Invader Zim, and you have to have seen it to know how I'd have said that little bit. Yes, I'm playing the part of Zim.) :D

Anyway, jedimdo, now you have to tell me. Any further attempts to hide it will result in you recieving Hanagata with his "special item," a la Phase 02, when he crashed into the temple. :eek:

Shinryu-sama, that's too horrible a fate for anyone to suffer. Please don't inflict that upon him. Nobody deserves to see that horror among horrors. :shudder:

I know, Cherry, I don't want to, but he's leaving me with little choice. How else can I force him to tell us what the secret is?

I just wish there was some other way, but I can't see one either. If you must do it, then you must. I don't want any part of it, though.
    [​IMG]
    Don't worry, it's all a bluff anyway, I agree that no one should have to suffer such a horrible fate.
    Anyway, I think, staying with the soundtrack, Seimeisen no Maria would fit Tiger pretty well. Just from the way it sounds, I think it fits her nicely.

Having finally heard the full version, I can say that Sennichite was sung with Hanagata in mind. It fits him to a T.

Other than that, I can't think of anything right now. I'd have to go through all of my CDs first.

20. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Huh? the way it sounds? That doesn't says much to me. I'd go to the lyrics, although I haven't seen them all. Let's see, right, Izayoi > Marine
    As for the CD songs, if it doesn't bother you, I'd like to know them! Onegai! I'll help you with some of them:
    Succesful Mission Saber Marionette J Opening Theme OP
    I'll be there SMJ & Again Closing Theme CO
    Hesitation SMJ Again OP
    Proof of myself SMJ to X OP
    Lively Motion SMJ to X CO
    Izayoi Theme from SMJ Program 24
    Ishoni... Theme from SMJ to X Last Phase
    I know some others but I don't remember their names now (I'm not at home)
    You fool!
    Begins casting "Mute" ... MUTE!
    Shedimdo was silenced
    X-Zone!
    Shedimdo is not in this universe
    Aha! I won!