Saber Marionette Who deserves Otaru

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Deathscythe, Dec 15, 2002.

?

Who deserves Otaru

1. Lime

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Cherry

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Bloodberry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Loreli

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. Marine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hanagata

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. Xel

Xel New Member

...I like you. :D

Hanagata does deserve better, yes. But The way I see it, this is what he wants, so... ^^ And besides, he sure seems to receive better at the end of SMJ to X.

Because I mean, everyone-- Hana, Otaru, the marionette girls-- has growing up to do in J to X, and they all do it. ^^ Once Hana grows up, he calms down enough that Otaru learns to tolerate him, and once Otaru grows up, he recognizes and values the poor guy the way he was meant to be all along. And then they live on with the girls, content in their love for them and for one another. :B

Okay, I made up that last part, so I'm not serious.

...Well, maybe just a little. ^.^

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Hey, Xel! I haven't seen you in a while!

Anyway, as I said, I chose Cherry. It's become blatantly obvious that Cherry is my favorite of the three girls. Indeed, she's my favorite anime character. Hell, forget just anime, Cherry is the most beautiful, most amazing, most perfect girl I've ever seen!

Lime and Bloodberry are pretty cool, too, but they just can't hold a candle to Cherry. I will say that Otaru likely would choose Lime, but I think that Cherry really is the right choice. I think that although all of the girls love Otaru, Cherry should end up with him. Of course, that's discounting the end of J to X, and according to personal preference. I understand Otaru's love for the girls, and indeed, I share it, and I know who he is meant to choose.

Of course, that doesn't stop my imagination, nor that of other authors of fanfiction. They, and me, will continue to write, and we will pair Otaru with whoever we choose. As for me, my choice is Cherry.

3. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

You mean a large bazooka that was used to test his legendary invulnerability?.. 0_0 ...I don’t know... I though that Hanagata deserved something better... If not love, then some respect at least...

As about this poll’s question, I believe that all the people in question (including Lorelei and Marine, neither of whom seem to be desperate to win Otaru’s love) deserve Otaru in her (or, in Hanagata’s case, his) own way. It is hard to tell who of them deserves Otaru the most, however, it is not really a question of who deserves Otaru the most, it is a question of whom he loves the most... And as Shinryu-san rightly said, it seems that Otaru prefers Lime to Cherry and Bloodberry (Hanagata, Lorelei and Marine are kinda out of question here).

4. Xel

Xel New Member

Nooo. :B I was referring to the apparent tranquility with which he reacts towards Otaru. He seems a lot more relaxed during that time... a lot happier. Now, we know how high-strung the guy can be. I like to think he wouldn't be that carefree unless he knew for certain that dear Otaru wasn't going anywhere. <3 (Let us also not overlook the fact that they all-- Otaru, Lime, Cherry, Bloodberry, Hanagata-- seem to LIVE together. Not even looking at the possibility of a romantic relationship between the guys, I think I can say with no small amount of confidence that Otaru would not have let Hanagata set up permanent residence in his home without having learned to see him with a little more respect.)

'Sides, the only one giving him the bazooka was Panther. And c'mon now. It wouldn't be Hanagata if he didn't get 0wned once in a while. Even I, the (as of now) leading Hanagata fangirl, admits to this. X3

I don't see it that way at all. *blink* In fact, I would even venture to say that the only ones who aren't out of the question by the end of J to X are Hanagata and Lorelei. That is, at least, if we're referring to that romantic eros brand of love like I think we are. I keep this vague because I've somewhat forgotten how to use spoiler tags in my absence (we really need a button for this up there. >.>) and I think I'd be too lazy to use 'em even if I did, but... Frankly, the thought of Otaru/any fruit salad girl in a romantic context, in the light of how he obviously sees them by the end of J to X, is... well, it kinda grosses me out. ^^;

That's just my take on it, though.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

All hail the new Lady Aoi! :D;):p:eek::anime:

But anyway, I may have said this before, in fact, I KNOW I said this before, but I think that if Otaru weren't to choose Lime, Cherry or Bloodberry, then he would choose nobody. His love for the girls is too deep. After J to X, I think he would not wish to be in that kind of relationship. Anyway, I know that wherever I said this before will say it better than I can now, so, when I find it, I'll post a link to that post.

6. Xel

Xel New Member

Ahahaha. Yes.

I can totally see where you're coming from, especially in those first few years when all he's gonna want to pay attention to is the girls. But think about it-- eventually they'd probably leave the nest, start lives of their own. I can't see Otaru enforcing total celibacy on himself when they're not really his responsibility anymore... he's a hot-blooded male like the best of 'em, after all. <3

Though a romantic relationship with another person doesn't seem especially high on his list of priorities, I definitely do see it as a possibility.

7. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Shinryu-san, Cherii ha watashi no desu yo...

Hi there I'm new here!
    I agree with you a little. Although in the firsts episodes in SMJ Otaru seems to be more comfortable with Cherry than with Lime or Bloodberry, at the end his love for them is pretty different(even more in SMJtoX). He could never choose one.

Let's see,
    the marionettes are Otaru's daughters;
    Lorelei hasn't either Ieyasu or Faust(He may be with Tigress?) so she's available.
    He ought to be with Lorelei, to love a real woman that would be the children's mother (unless Hanagata already plays this role :eek: )

--->LORELEI<---

P.D. Anyone have posted "The Sabers" somewhere in the web? I can't find it! Help kudasai!

Caution: Maybe some spanglish here

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Welcome! Always nice to see a new face, and to meet another fan of the greatest anime in existence. Don't let any spanglish worries stop you. :)

Our top agent is on the case (MamiyaOtaru). A number of us are waiting to play with our imaginery marionettes again... :p

9. Xel

Xel New Member

But Hanagata already DOES play that role! :D

Well. Maybe not so much a motherly role, but. I see it almost like a fusion of older brother/stepfather. Or something.

But anyhow. *grin*

10. Reisti Skalchaste

I'd probably go with uncle. There's more space for weirdness that way.

Ie. Once, when I was young, I had a hairdryer fight with my uncle. :D Seriously.

11. Xel

Xel New Member

Er, yeah! That's what I meant! Older brother and uncle.

Stepfather... Freudian slip on my part, maybe? ;D

12. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Of course almost all the people deserve Otaru. But, seeing the poll options, I think that the real question should be 'Who should be with Otaru?' or as Black Robed One said 'whom he loves the most'.

All characters have done enough to deserve him (even Hanagata). But, still I'd vote for all them. Like in my previous post, he ought to be with Lorelei because
    as the end of SMJ2X, the girls, that are human, need a mother
    so they could be an entire family.

13. Xel

Xel New Member

But still, you can easily argue that Lorelei's already their mother, both technically and in attitude. So it's not like she needs to be with Otaru for that to happen anyway. <3