Recreation Who Does martial arts?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaMeKaZi, Apr 24, 2002.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well We have had the how old are we post and the what gender are we post.. and the what do we look like post.. (no im not a lobster! ^_^ )

So now Im gonna ask what martial arts are you into if any!?

Myself im into Judo, But at the moment there is no club here so i cant go practice.! STUPID TOWN!

Anyway is anyone else into martial arts.. AND who on this Forum can kick whos ***!

KaMe

2. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

Feh. I'm the first responder! :D :D

I have a black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do (earned: March,1995),but I haven't done Tae-Kwon-Do in so long that I doubt it would be of any use...

However,I achieved the illustrious(?) rank of Dan Bo Nim (Black Belt candidate,which is brown belt w/ 2+ black stripes) about a year ago in Kuk Sool Won. However,I don't have the chance to practice regularly since there's no Kuk Sool school here in Pittsburgh,which subsequently allowed my dad to pass me by (he has three stripes,I have two).

InuYasha - that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm a pushover,though! :D :D

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I have not learned any martial arts as of yet, but I want to learn some. Maybe I will over summer.

Oh yeah, I can kick all of your asses(asuming your not better fighters than me).

4. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Raimu-chan has been taking karate for a few years now...close enough!!! :D

5. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

let's see. I used to take Karate until i got my black belt but that was years ago and I had to quit due to school, and I've lost a lot of those teachings by now. When I went to college i started with Kendo and Kung Fu, but once again school got in the way of those, damn classes. One of these days I'll have to take them up again. I'm getting out of shape.:(

6. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

When I was in middle school, I was beaten on by blackbelts a lot, well, them and the football players, 'tough' kids, miniature middle school mafia &c... Now, most people won't even bother to try anything on me, I'm just too imposing. (Lets see you pick a fight with the guy who doesn't seem to be affected at all by the brick wall he just caused a *very* loud sound to emanate from with his fist). I've heard the arguments of speed/technique/power and which one is the most important. My two cents, any one of them is worthless without the other two.
    The sum of the matter... I don't take martial arts, but I've been asked where I learned to punch right by masters of various styles... Actually, I've wanted to take some kendo or judo, 'cause swords are fun, and throws/holds are something I can do well.

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    doesn't pick fights, he might accidentally hurt someone. and since his lectures hurt enough as is...

7. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

Theres a Bujikan Dojo (form of Ninjutsu) *cough* greatest of all the martial arts , not far from me , few miles away , ive been too lazy to sign up but i might still do it , you dont have to be a kid to learn it do you ?? Im afraid ill go in and ill be twice the size of everyone in there except the instructor of course

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

For anyone Who does not do a martial art yet but wants to... In my personal opinion If you want to join a club and have lots of fun learning (as long as the instructor is not a ****) Join Judo.. Why because unlike other martial arts you dont go there stand in a spot and punch and kick the air for 2 hours.. Though im sure when you move up in the ranks you dont have to punch air anymore.. But with Judo from day one you have a partner who is your test dummy for all the cool throws, choke, and armbars. and you get to spare all the time.. lots of fun.

Not only that Judo is one of the best defences against **** head who try to use there power to hold on to someone and push them around. once you know how to throw someone.. ppl who want to push you around will end up on the ground!

KaMe

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Years ago, I was a purple belt in Shoto-kan (that's about half way to black belt). I only ever entered one tournament, and that was just against an Ishinryu (probably spelled that wrong) school from Windsor. Overall, they smoked us, but I wasted most of them in my division ... ahh ... past glory. I guess dwelling on the past is futile.
    In my experience, though, unless you're hard core into your art, you'll get wasted by some thug on the street if it ever comes up. No matter how fast or technical you may be, unless you spend a significant chunk of your time training and working out, etc., you'll be doomed to be all art but completely non-martial.