J-Pop Who has heard Utada Hikaru's songs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Naru, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Naru

Naru New Member

I have I love her music!! She is one of my fav's!!!! I was just wondering because no one has mentioned her yet...If you haven't heard of her you should listen to some songs, like First Love, or Automatic ;)

2. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

yeah, I've heard a bit of her music..

i've seen the vids for "hikari" and "travelling".. travelling is one of the best vids ever I think :) great song too

3. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i listened to some of her songs too... her music is cool...
    from what i heard i think the best song for her is Automatic ..
    i didnt listen to all her songs yet..

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

The first time I heard one of Utada's songs was when I watched the opening to the new Squaresoft game, Kingdom Hearts. That game looks so great and her PlanitB remix of "Hikari" is going to be the main theme of Kingdom Hearts, there's even an orchestrated version of the song :) I really think that Utada is going to go far as well, she has been working on quite a few English songs as well. If you listen to the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack she sings Blow my Whistle with Foxy Brown as well.

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yeah, Blow My Whistle's pretty good. And she does this ballad rendition of "Close to You" with this japanese dude named Shingo who sounds remarkably like RayJ. Freaky. She's pretty good, but I'm more of a Ayumi fan, really. But Utada has some awesome songs...I probably should download more of hers, but I haven't been MXing for a while.

If you don't know what "Close to You" is...it starts with "Why do birds...suddenly appear..." and is a cover on the Carpenters original. :D

6. Naru

Naru New Member

Oh thats cool I didn't know that she sang in movies, or games, or in English...But than again I've only known about her for about a week:p

7. Kyo_Masaki

Kyo_Masaki New Member

I got lots of Utada Hikaru! like... almost as much as I have Ayumi Hamasaki stuff! she isn't as cute as my Ayumi-pie though, and I just listened to her song from Kindom Hearts too! ^.^;;

8. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

lol... at first you didnt like that video at all... we had to show it to you a couple of times so that you started to like it :)

Yeah, I like her songs too... great stuff :)
    I havent listened to a lot of them tough :(

9. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Yep ^___^ Have her DISTANCE CD and a custom mix from my friend. She's a pretty good singer, but I'm more of a Ayumi fan. But hey, Hikki's kewl too ^.~

10. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I loved her song "Can you keep a secret" & "Traveling" ..

But what I wanted to say most is that she just got married to someone who works with her who is 35 years old .. :p

11. Naru

Naru New Member

I havent heard those songs, but I cant unless I go to a friends because I dont have space on the computer..

12. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

My dad bought me "Addicted to You" when he was in Japan. I like it, its catchy.