Manga Who here likes Psychic Academy? Shout out!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Yellow_13, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

Let me start out with a few words/ statements about Psychic academy. "Amazing", "Incredible" , "second best manga of all time under love hina". :D These statements are, as you know, my opinion, and often it is not shared by others. Let me put in a few reasons behind why I like this series so much:

1. The drawing style. It doesn't look to realistic or too fake. In other words, it doesn't look like the type found in MARS (too real!!! jeeze it's too real!! :anger2: :anger2: ) and it doesn't look like a CLAMP graphic novel (what were they thinking??? :confused: :confused: ).
    2. The storyline: It has elements of the harry potter "gifted" students, but it isn't half as noticable as Negima. Also it is alot of romance, and let's just face it, psychics are cool. And no, I'm not talking about ms. Cleo. That hag ripped me off!!!
    3. You can relate to the story somehow. I'm not sure how yet, so don't get all up in my face. Also, it isn't set in eleventy-billion and one, like the gundam series. So that's cool too.

For those of you who have read one or more of the manga, what do you think the ultimate aura power would be? methinks darkness or light. Ai has one, so naturally darkness must exist as well. What power would you want? :cool: :cool: :cool:

2. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

I love Phychic Academy!!!
    I guess I'm into those kind of things.
    Hmm, let me see....
    I guess I would want to be something light but that's EXTREMELY powerful.
    Something that I can read people's mind, move things with my brain, and some kind of elemental power. Probably Fire or Water.
    But I'm not sure you can have all of those at once, but that's what I would want.
    Don't worry I would use all my powers for the good of mankind :p !

3. Yellow_13

Yellow_13 New Member

Powers, Powers, Powers!!!

Heck Yeah! Aura Powers Rock! I have to say, after viewing the stephen King movie Rose Red, Raining meteors, fire, or just Immense boulders down upon your enemy would be choice! What about a planetary or cosmic power? I know that sounds a little too much like Sailor Moon, but control over something like a meteor belt......the world would be in the palm of your hand. :D :D :D :D :D

4. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yeah!! I loved that movie!! Stephen King is a genius!!!

5. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

what kindof stores can i find this at i just want to take a peek if it might be some thing iwould get interested in :D

6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Usually any bookstore.
    That's where I get mine.
    Try Borders or Waldenbooks.

7. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

You can also find it at Suncoast too.

I really liked Psychic Academy too, but alas I have only read the first book. Thank you for reminding me about it, so now I can go make my friend let me borrow her copy of the second. It is a lot funnier than I thought it would be, cause I had a sampler from Tokyopop and really didn't like the excerpt they had in there.

8. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

hey thanks guys i know were those places are i hope psychic acadamy is some thing i would like, readying al your quotes i think i should like it