Who is better -- Goku or Vegeta?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by CandymanGotenks, Feb 4, 2003.

?

who do you think is better goku or vegeta.

1. goku

52.2%
  2. vegeta

47.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CandymanGotenks

CandymanGotenks New Member

Who's the considered the best to you? Quite personally I like them both they are the both considered the strongest in the world. Give me your opinion im here to listen.

2. Slydice

Slydice ave, Lex, morituri te salutamus

Clearly Goku, how could he not be. He's UBER COOL :)

3. Teen Samurai

Teen Samurai New Member

Bulma had to make Vegeta a device so he could go from ssj2 to ssj4 because he was too weak to do it himself.

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

In terms of fighting skill Goku and Vegeta are equals, and can reach the exact same potential... but in terms of compassion Goku wins for sure, but it was really great when Vegeta died against Buu for his family the one time :) Now that is honour. But then again, Goku sacrificed himself too many times too count...

5. CandymanGotenks

CandymanGotenks New Member

Vegeta and Goku are equals. But does that mean Vegeta is weak NO but In terms of compassion yes Goku does take the reward anyways thats besides the point they both have acheived what no other saiyan could achieve making love to Earthling and creating a family.Also turning from bad to good.

6. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

I'm sick of the goodie good. I pick Vegeta. He has the attitude and I love how he is soo proud. Dont get me wrong I love Goku but he is always in the lime light so to say!

7. CubeZ

CubeZ New Member

Vegeta! Just because he's not so perfect. Usually it's the flaws in secondary main characters attract me more.
    Nothing against Goku. He's cool too.

8. Time to set all of you straight

Goku is clearly the better of the two and that is made clear by way of the story. The author set Goku up to be the hero of Dragon Ball Z from the beginning. The story revolves around him and he is the first one to achieve everything (SS3). Vegita on the other hand may be a good fighter but from the begining he bound to lose. I mean...he starts off as evil...he doesn't really seem to have an advantange. Over time he does aquire many advancements (Saiyan) but Goku always seems to beat him. Goku is meant to steal the hearts of people and that's what he does. No offense to anyone...I luv Vegita but when it comes to this subject Goku is deffinately the better.

9. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Personally, I think Vejita is better than Gokuu. Gokuu only has the whole "strength" thing going for him because he's the main character. It's not going to be as fun for the fans if he's not the strongest hero. Though personally, strength doesn't make the character, and honestly whoever thinks it does is simply moronic. Vejita is one of the better characters in the series, especially when compared to someone like Gokuu. Gokuu stays the same throughout the entire series. He's always kind, light-hearted, and goofy. That's all fine and peachy, but look at Vejita. He went through a drastic change. I mean, compare the Vejita that first popped up on Planet Earth with that bald twit, Nappa and the Vejita who took on Majin Buu with a righteous, self-sacrificing and selfless blaze of glory, and even his stunt against Hildegarn in movie 13, and how he acted in the Janemba movie. Vejita grew, emotionally, throughout the entire series and that takes effort and that shows a truly superior character. Gokuu may have Super Sayai-jinn 3 and have the highest power level... but in the end, that doesn't add up to crap.

10. Technicality Overcomes Simplicity

Vegeta is one of the most technical fighters known in the Dbz Sagas. If youve watched each episode carefully he always has some brilliant plan because as we all know that technicality is the hardest fighting skill to beat and Goku well simple moves nuff said

11. Niu-chan

Niu-chan New Member

I like Goku because he doesn't hide anything, everything about him is so open and innocent.
    I like Vegeta because he is mysterious and there is more to him than meets the eye.
    So I guess you could say I love them both - but sometimes Goku is a little unrealistic for me. NOONE is that happy all the time.

Hee hee I'm about to see the end of the Buu saga for the first time ever!!! YAYYY! I'l finally catch up to the rest of you guys! AUS. tv must be really really slow....:eek:

12. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

Goku and Vegeta are both the best in their own way.Goku has the purest heart,and never gives up because he cares about protecting people.Vegeta never gives up because he wants to be the best.They are both very strong,but I'd say that Vegeta is a little weaker only because he's slightly evil.If he was truly pure,there's no telling what he could do.

13. Aelonil

Aelonil New Member

Hard decision, Vegita is persistent but Goku is kind hearted, in the end I would have to go with Goku and you all know why... ;)

14. Gohan_Darkmoor

Gohan_Darkmoor New Member

Well, to tell the truth, I like both of them equally. Just depends on what mood I'm in. Goku is a great character for fighting since he always gives his enemy a second chance and is very noble. Vegeta on the other hand is very funny at times and enjoys seeing others die which is most entertaining at times.

15. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Definately Goku, without him the entire anime would be a disgrace. His life and journey to be the most strongest fighter int he universe has been an incrediable 300 episodes long, including db and dbgt

16. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I like both cause Goku is strong, but Vegeta is sort of cool. And I think him and Bulma are cute together ^_^

17. VEGETA. Vegeta is the best and always will be. I love his attitude and pride. Yeah Goku may have always been good and he has sacrificed himself many times but he never actually blew himself up in order to save his family even with the knowledge that he would probably go to H.F.I.L. Bow to the prince. Besides Vegeta went through the actual transformation from evil to good. Goku just got hit in the head. Vegeta's growth as a character is just so much more interesting and makes him so darn likable. Besides Goku is dumb and annoying. hehe

18. Tsuki_Kokoro

Tsuki_Kokoro Guest

I would personally say that both Goku and Vegeta are the same in the fact of power and skills. Each has there own personal skills that make the unique, but as to overall power they are the same.

On the other hand Goku has a better attitude towards life and happiness which makes him better, but Vegeta has the Pride and strength of his race on his side...In all I can not choose one or the other cause they both are great in my thoughts

19. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

It has got to be Goku. I mean he has the heart of a fighter, as well as Vegeta. The one thing about Goku is that he isn't evil. He uses his powers to help people. On the other Hand Vegeta usually uses his power to help himself.