Music Who is better? (Nobuo or Kanno)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kamui, Apr 21, 2003.

?

Who is the better composer?

1. Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop)

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy)

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Who is better?

Ok, who do you think is better

Yoko Kanno (wrote all the music to Cowboy Bebop)
    OR
    Nobuo Uematsu (wrote all the music to all the Final Fantasies)

2. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

i vote for nobuo.....i always download the sheet music so i can play it on my many instruments. i think the music is very varied and catchy. i love the melodies.

3. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

i agree with yune, nobuo is better. alot of the music is catchy

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Nobuo big time! He did all the songs for the Ah! My Goddess The Movie...

And They were beautiful :)

5. tysothegreat

tysothegreat New Member

i like one winged angel.

6. Kamui

Very true, yet, you do have to admit to the fact that Yoko Kanno has a brillent mind for music... If you have herd the theme song to Cowboy Bebop... Tank! Then you would know how great she was.

7. YokoburiKinura

My personal experience makes me say Yoko Kanno. She has a very wide range of music styles that she's worked with and it feels to me like she's succeeded with most all of them, from the more hard-edged or electric stuff in Stand Alone Complex through Bebop's jazz to the more traditional orchestral score in Escaflowne. I bought the Ah! My Goddess soundtrack a couple weeks ago and still haven't managed to listen to all of it. I think it sounds slightly too John Williams-y in a way. But I'll keep trying, see if it's just my mood or something.

edit: And I think that the Music forum could use the boost of having this one where it belongs. Moving.

8. Kamui

I am saying Nobuo... I cant stop listening to the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack I got!!!! It rules... best soundtrack of the FF's!!!!

9. NoDa

NoDa New Member

Well, I liked Yoko Kanno, she can write beautifle soft and slow music, and then the next she can compose something like Tank.

I also like nobuo Uematsu. He is a real man to respect! He is very gifted when in comes to a group orchesra he rocks

10. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

wow that's a hard choice, i'm not going to vote because i hold both with equally high regard, has anyone heard the opening theme for stand alone complex by kanno, it's quite bizzarre it has english, japenese, russian and latin lyrics. damn i think i'd have to say kanno just for that effort (plus the cowboy bebop soundtrack is always on my computer) but i'm not saying that kanno is better, just put more effort in i guess.

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

YK's on the right track.

Granted Uematsu is a GREAT composer, but he's been doing a LOT of epics. And, even though they sound different, it's still branching from the same tree. They're always orchestric, and grand.

Kanno, on the other hand, uses lots of different mediums. She goes from Jazz, to Brazilian-like (Wolf's Rain), to tech-dance-odd (GitS: SAC), to the haunting yet cool "Hemisphere" in RahXephon.

I'd give my thumbs up to Kanno for a really wide range.

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I have to admit that I didn't see much of Cowboy Bebop nor played more than 2 FF games (8 & 10), but I have to admit that FF's sound tracks are awesome :)

I think I've seen like half of CB but long time ago in a scattered way, so I kind of forgot pretty much of it ^^;