Square Enix who to get that?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Project191, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

how to get that?

i surely end this game but i want to collect all the things:D

hwo to get sigil for tidus?i got too beat the traniner in time 0:00:00 how?

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

alot of spare time and patience. i still havent' gotten the sigil for him from her...pretty much, don't get hit by the birds and grab loads of balloons.

3. Odin

Odin Member

The key to getting the sigil for Tidus is precisely as Bloodberry said: TIME and PATIENCE. The more you race, the more you'll get the feel for what's the best route for collecting balloons (not to mention better control of the chocobo), and your reaction time for avoiding birds should get better also. Just don't give up, and the 0:00 time will be yours - it's actually best to not get hit by the birds AT ALL.

One "strategy" you can try is to stay a bit behind the person you're racing against, so they take all of the hits from the birds . . . but this didn't work too well for me, and I just said "screw it, I'm going my own way!"

If you get too frusterated, just take a break, and go back to it the next day. Never give up - never surrender (and if anybody knows what just made a reference to, you get a cookie)!

Oh, and good luck getting the sigils for the rest of the crew. It takes time, but it's so worth it.
    -Odin

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I believe your reference is to...the Mighty Ducks? I believe it was...one? Anyway...yeah, staying behind the chocochick doesn't actually work. Staying side by side, however, DOES. And the middle of the course? Make dodging birds primary, and almost fortget about the balloons. Try and get all the ones in the beginning of the race, and you only have to collect seven.

And if you want patience, try going for Khimari's Sigil. Seriously...I can't freaking get anywhere NEAR 30 seconds for that whole course.

5. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

What i did to get the sigil is to hope for 5 balloons in the start. Forget the first one, let her take it. But then you'll reach the second before her. Keep collecting the rest in the start and i think it's easier when i think that i need 13 balloons (+1 for each time a bird hits you) and collect them. Keeps me focused on the race. When you have enough just KEEP DODGING THOSE BIRDS. Forget about more balloons. You'll do it in the end! You go Girl!
    Well, Izzy. I actually got all the butterflies but I...Well i ran a bit to far and, i don't know how, managed to LEAVE the area before i got the price.... I quite don't manage it anymore =) Frankly i Hate my self.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Kenshin, you do realize that balloon placement in the races are different every time, right? Sometimes, there are 5 balloons, but I remember grabbing upwards of 6 or 7 before leaving the little downhill ramp. :p

7. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

Really? Ofcourse i knew but the most I have ever encountered are 5 !

8. Odin

Odin Member

No, Izzy, the reference is not from mighty ducks. You get half a cookie for trying, anyway.

It only took me about 40 minutes to get Kimahri's sigil. How? I found a glorious, wonderful map of the butterfly placement that REALLY HELPED ME to get a better perspective of how the butterflies are placed and how I should move. Here's the link for the map:

http://home.san.rr.com/circe/ultimania_butterfly3.jpg

Happy butterfly hunting!
    -Odin

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

butterfly thing is easy, i can do that on my first try normally. what i don't wanna wait about and do, is lulu's...sigh..i don't wanna stand there and dodge 200 bolts of lightening..

10. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

yahooo i did it but now i stuck up with the butterflyes o_O'

they say i must don't touch any red butterfly :O how iz that and at less someone gimme the map

11. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

Look 2 posts up maybe?

12. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

the map that odin gave is by japnese i think, i want an english one if somebody knows :) or have

13. Odin

Odin Member

I live in America, bought an American copy of Final Fantasy X, and the map worked fine.

You don't need to know Japanese to use the map - the blue circles denote the blue butterflies, the red circles denote the red butterflies, and the line shows the path you need to have Tidus take to avoid the reds but capture all of the blues. That's all you really need to know.
    -Odin

14. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

I used it too

15. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

thier is 2 maps? which one should i use?

16. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

If you look closesly, it's one for each part of the forest. You should see the path that fits with the area you are.

17. Odin

Odin Member

I believe the second map is the course to beat to get the sigil, but I don't know if it's required to beat JUST that area or both for the sigil. I beat both areas, anyway . . .
    -Odin

18. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

you gotta do both in the PAL version