Movies Who watches Indian Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by *Fabee*, Apr 5, 2002.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

If you do then what is ur favorite movie???

2. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Eh,Indian as in from India or as in Native American (such as "Smoke Signals")?

~ Lady Aoi

3. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

No .. Indian movies from India :p
    Its great, believe me!! At first i was teasing the people that watched indian movies. Then my friend forced me to watch the movie with her and i fell in love with it. Im still not a big fan of the songs but the stories are GREAT
    for example i have seen this movie about two bestfriends (boy and girl) that cared about each other. The girl wanted more than friendship, but they boy falls head over heels for another girl .. and the story begins .. the name of the movie is "kuchi kuchi hota hai"

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

*_ToOmaA_* make sure you dont throw the Word Indian around without it being in proper context, cause some ppl can take it the wrong way.. I know I can be offended sometimes because I have best friends who are Indian (native american).

Just something for ppl to think about in the future.. Something So inocent can always come back to haunt you!

KaMekaZI

5. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

i didnt mean native americans .. i meant Indians from India/Asia

........:dizzy:

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

India that land where we get all those spices

Toma-san I'd recommend "Hal Dil Jo Pyar Karaga" ....

one thing I like about Indian (india) movies, those that are made in BollyWood, is the dance and music...

AW I love INDIA! :) *puts on a sari and starts dancing*

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

If you can't call people from India Indians, what has the world come to.. If something as innocent as that comes back to haunt anyone I'll truly be pissed.

And yes, I know some native americans. Many go to the high school in Lander. My sister's fiancee is native american as well. (I knew him before she did, but there is what love does, you forget your bros..) That last bit was a completely seperate rant. Ignore it.

I've not seen any Indian movies, I've just heard the stories.. But if it is recommended here, I may have to take the plunge sometime.

8. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Ok here is where I see the Problem of geting it confused.. for anyone from Europe and that when someone says indian the thought of native probably dont cross your mind.. but in NA you can get confusion.

Sorry If i created a fuss!

KaMekaZi!

Dont hurt me!

9. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

My Museum Class, for several months, has been working on an exhibit which features Colonial Native representational paintings from white artists, juxtaposed with contemporary artwork made by North American Aboriginals. Anyways, what I wanted to say was, it was brought up several times in class that in Canada, Aboriginals want to be called 'First Nations People' because 'Indian' is not them and offensive WHILE in the United States they want to be called 'Indians' like how Black people may call each other the 'N' word. To refer themselves to Indians is to say, 'ya you called us this, we were oppressed, we keep it to show you that you were wrong': its a pride thing.

theres my two pennies worth

10. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Not to start another fuss or scratch at old wounds, but...
    technically wouldn't Indians be people from India? Being India, that really really annoys me... Natives are Americans, not Indians. It's really aggrivating when I say I'm Indian and people ask me about which spirit I worship and what colors I put on my face... ^_^ I have nothing against Native Americans, of course. I LOVE POCAHONTAS! XD

...darn Christopher Columbus and his misconceptions...

11. Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry New Member

I watch them for a laugh ... they are so cheeeeesy HaHAHA ...cough... :anime: