Soccer whos the best soccer player??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by monkeydluffy, Aug 3, 2004.

1. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy New Member

there are millions of soccer players out there. well all mine is from korea. hehehehe

1 person likes this.
  2. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

FIGO!
    without a doubt he is definitely my favorite, hes not only gorgeous, but hes such an excellent player!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy New Member

hahahha yea hes really good=D

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

There is really no answer to that.

Each people have their special qualities and their special methods of being a superstar. Some might be hardworkers, some might be technical oriented superstars. And not to mention the different positions the players play in.

Really, there is no answer.

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

If you add up professionals, semi-professionals and even the under 19's who play for their clubs... the number of soccer players are only in the tens of thousands... not millions.

Yeah, like Teddz said, there is no real definition for 'best soccer player'. If you can mention any one player who can play well in every position then he may be a candidate for that title... which is obviously none.

Here's what I have to say for best player in the specified position...

Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon, he does live up to the name 'best keeper'... he was the very few Italians who player well for their country in Euro 2004. Second would be Carlo Cudicini (Shame he has so much competition in the Italian squad)

Defender: Hard one this really... but I must say that Sol Camplbell is one hell of a person to get past... Strong in every way. I'd vote for Alessandro Nesta next.

Midfielder: Pavel Nedved, he is just amazing really, despite his age. Michael Ballack is second.

Striker: This is a close call, but I would go for Thierry Henry and secondly Fernando Morientes who I feel is underrated (certainly by Real Madrid anyway). Though I must admit that when Henry plays for his club Arsenal, He can get past any defender and score past any keeper... but for France, he's not as effective.

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

On year has passed since my last post and I'd like to reconsider my choices...

Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, the guy can stop anything coming at him, easily on of the best in Europe if not, the world at present. Buffon is good but I give more credit to Edwin Van der Sar to be honest, I think the guy has played well at every club he's been at. Now at Man Utd I expect him to be back to his best after a (imo) bad move to Fulham.

Defenders: Paolo Maldini is legendary but he has passed his time now. I'm going for Jamie Carragher and John Terry, he has been rock solid and consistent for the last two seasons. I also consider Carles Puyol is excellent.

Midfielders: I think Pavel Nedved is brilliant but I personally think Steven Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the world. Certainly my favourite player in the footballing universe.

Strikers: You can't doubt Thiery Henry, unquestionably still is "sheer brilliance" as he's once called. I would ad Rooney but I always consider him more of an attacking midfiled more than a striker. World class lad at only 18 though. Adriano and Raul are also world class.

- Shen