Why bash ChiChi?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by Saiyan ChiChi, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

Why do so many people bash ChiChi? ChiChi bashers always give the same reasons for not liking her such as "She makes Gohan study too much" or "She's mean" etc.

I think ChiChi is a great character. She's my favorite DBZ female.

2. sakabatou

sakabatou New Member

she is the comedy relief of the show man! I think she is funny when she comes out w/ all these guns and weapons.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Because her name can either be translated to "Father" or "breasts". Which is probably why Goku married her, because she's the EPITOME of what Goku doesn't understand: the difference between men and women. LOLOLOLOLOROROROROROROR.

1 person likes this.
  4. Son_Goku666

Son_Goku666 New Member

poor chi chi

well i think maybe cuz people only know here from those edited episodes of db,dbz, and dbGT, she plays an important role in the original saga's and the later ones

5. Majin Buu

Majin Buu New Member

Go Chichi!! Death to all Chichi bashers!!!

Anyone who bashes Chichi can't be a good person, and so what if she makes Gohan study hard, good for her. Death to Chichi bashers!!

6. Garnet_Lynx

Garnet_Lynx New Member

Well,Chi chi is okay..but somtimes she gets very annoying. :dizzy:
    My faveroute out of Db,DBZ and DBGT is PAN! beacause she is the only decent female chracter and shes cute!! :catgirl:
    and 2nd and 3rd to her would be Videl, and 18.

7. Dante

Dante New Member

The question is:

Why NOT bash Chi Chi?

:D

8. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Calm down, bud. People who don't like Chichi are NOT evil. They just can't stand her. If you don't like it, too bad.

I don't dislike Chichi because she makes Gohan study hard. Studying is important. Especially since Goku had NO education and Chichi didn't want Gohan to end up the same way. I dislike her because, well, she IS mean. She thinks she's the law and thinks she's absolute rule, she's too strict with Gohan, and treats Goku like trash. I don't like people like that. I still say she's a poor excuse for a wife and mother. Sure, she's braver and stronger than Bulma will ever be (I don't like Bulma either), but it still does not cover up the fact that she's a WENCH and a SHREW. I'm not going to change my mind about her. I can't stand people like her, or Bulma.

1 person likes this.
  9. Yamcha

Yamcha New Member

I totally respect your comment, Star Princess. It was well writtin and analytical. I wouldn't really say that your a basher. Your response was a bit harsh but mature. Now, what I call bashers are people who throw at you juvinile, insulting, unthoughtful, remarks with no real validation and value. Yup, there's a difference between a person with an open mind, and a basher.

I hope this brought some insite for those who need it.

Later.

10. wing_goddess

wing_goddess Power User

I don't know why so many people bash ChiChi. it could be, she's mean and can be a little annoying at times with her trying to control Gohan to make her do all the things SHE wants him to do. but hey, what are ya gonna do. i guess she really really loves her son and is very protective of him...in an annoying way. ChiChi is my favourite character on DBZ, DB, DBGT (aside from Maron *Krillin's ex:)*). I admire her spunk and attitude. Even though she does annoy me at times.

11. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

I think ChiChi's character would be more appreciated in Japan. The Japanese culture is more strict about family and education.

12. The_bounty_fry

The_bounty_fry New Member

That may be the fatherest from the truth. I'm from Japan, and the surrounding mothers in my area were just " Mothers" In Japan she is the funny character, and the stero type mom. And "sterotypes" deminish our culture. Oh and by the way, she does get on my nerves. She blows things out of proportion, but never the less contributes to the genre of DBZ.

13. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i like Chi Chi except for the fact in the manga at least after GToku fought Vegeta in DBZ she didn't care that Goku was seriously injured and she just ignored him.
    that is the only thing i don't like about her.
    i am not a Chi Chi basher.

14. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

So many bashing threads. :dizzy2:

I don't see why anyone would bash ChiChi. She's a good supporting character and if she wasn't tough, or a wench as some people put it, how could she handle being married to one of the strongest fighters in the Universe? And boy does she have Goku whipped, and Picollo too occasionally!

15. Venom

Venom New Member

At 1st I use to like Chi Chi (during the Saiyan Saga). After that well..... I couldn't stand her whatsoever for the fact that she is too over-protective of someone who can take care of themselves. (World Tournament Saga) Gohan is nearly a man yet she is still too strict on him. She's not that pushy on Goten (for some strange reason)

Freiza Saga is where I really started hating her. Why go to Namek, and your gonna die in vein? I understand the fact that she wants to see Gohan, but sheesh, yet again too protective.

Trunks Saga (she was decent in this one, but I still couldn't stand her) The torture tutor beating Gohan with a with....... yet she does nothing.... WTF!!!

Cell Saga, bleh.....

GT..... OMG....

I don't think anyone likes someone that's way too pushy or protective. It makes them too uptight...... Anyway the main point is she's too protective, and I really can't stand people like that.

If I'm considered a Chi Chi basher, then so be it. Nothing really can be done about that.

16. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

I understand why she's over-protective. It doesn't matter if Gohan can take care of himself or not, ChiChi will still worry because he's her son and she wants him to be safe. I dont blame her for worrying because who wants their family to put there lives in danger? Yes she is not as pushy with Goten but she's not as uptight as she use to be either. :D

17. CrazyLionMiko

CrazyLionMiko New Member

Well, ChiChi never really got on my nerves at all. I think she`s a great character. And wouldn`t it be boring if all the females on the series were like Bulma? ChiChi is unique and I think that`s a great quality.

18. Dante

Dante New Member

But then we have characters like Videl, and Juuhachigou, who were both great characters (at least... for DBZ... outside of DBZ, they suck :p), without being annoying nags or ditzy valley girls (IE Chi-Chi and Buruma).

Not to mention, if you want to get into GT, Pan. Though if I remember, Bra was a ditz like her mother.

19. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i could only say that chichi just pisses me off. way too over protective. and what kind of name is chichi?!

yeah, so whatever.

20. Vegetalover16

Vegetalover16 New Member

I think that chi chi rules!!! people should not bash her!! She is so cool!!^_^