Why do you enjoy Dragonball Z?

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by *Fabee*, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Why do you enjoy DBZ?

Simple question. Why do people enjoy DBZ when there are so many better series out there? I won't bother to name any, but the question still stands. What do you enjoy about Dragonball Z?

[EDIT] This is my 100th post! *to self* I'm surprised you've all put up with me this long. [/EDIT]

2. Saiyan ChiChi

Saiyan ChiChi New Member

DBZ was one of my first animes. I know there are better out there but I still like DBZ. I dont know why I enjoy it.

3. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Well, the art really caught my eye, and I think the villains are awesome. The show has great characters, and has a nice story.

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Sentimental value. It was one of my first animes as well. The Characters and overall plot were decent up until the Buu Saga.. It's worth a watch nonetheless.

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Emphasis on the "a." I did enjoy it enough to watch the entire series once. But now, I watch it, and it just seems boring. All they do is fight, then brag about their strength for three episodes, then fight for 5 minutes, and repeat. It just gets monotonous. The first episodes, up until they beat Vegeta werent bad though. I've got them on tape and still watch them occasionally, but the rest, I just can't stand to watch them anymore.

[EDIT] Also, the movie "Bardock's Story" was actually quite enjoyable. [/EDIT]

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

.. You must be ignorant of the fact SSJ4 has black hair.

7. Yamcha

Yamcha New Member

Dude, what you're talking about is Dragonball AF (Alternate Future), which is just a fan fiction someone or group of people came up with.

...Anyway... I like Dragonball Z 'cause, well, it's pretty damn entertaining! That is, if you're into the whole suped up over exagerated martial arts battles.
    Its' also a very original concept, so it's quite refreshing to watch.
    Dragonball is great too! It's very adventurous.

To me, Dragonball Z was great up 'till the end of the Freiza saga. It got real stupid, real fast after that point. I never cared much for Dragonball GT.
    I would have liked it if the series had stopped at the end of the Freiza saga. It was perfect; the most powerful and most tyranic being in the universe get's defeated by the legendary super saiyan; the first and only one since a millenia ago.

It's a shame. After that saga, the story went down hill, the villians are uninteresting, power increasement got really abused, and having half a dozen super saiyans in the series was really retarted (Goku should have been the only one).

So, with all that being said, Dragonball Z was great but it's value went way down with all that extra cr@p after the Frieza saga, so, yeah, I'm not surprised that alot of people don't like the anime.

Later.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, I would have to agree with Yamcha. Up to the end of Frieza, it wasn't bad. But here's an interesting thought: Vegeta, with a power level of 24,000, was going to blow up Earth. This took his most powerful attack: The Gallic Gun. Much later, Buu blew up Earth, it took his most powerful attack. His power level was what? 6,000,000,000? Methinks they forgot their proportions. Anyway, I think the background music for the first two sagas (up to Frieza's death) were really cool.

As Yamcha said, DBZ became crappy really fast after Frieza died. Perhaps because Yamcha (the character) wasn't as important. What say you, Yamcha?

9. Yamcha

Yamcha New Member

Lol! Is that what you think? Nah. I just think the series was dragged out too long. I mean, hell, Dragonball Z was like over 200 episodes! Something that lasts that long get's old and dry real fast. If some people can sit and watch a series drag out that long; hell, more power to them. As for me, it just got repetetive. The world is at peace. Villian shows up and over powers everybody. The guys train to get stronger. They show up and own the villian. The world is at peace. Now have this repeated like a dozen times. That's Dragonball Z in a nut shell! IT GOT OLD!

Oh, and by the way, the only saga after the Frieza saga that I enjoyed watching was the Great Saiyaman saga.

Later.

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Nah, I was just making a joke about your name, banner, and avatar. But you are right, it did get old. I know if say, Slayers had lasted 213 episodes, I would have gotten bored.

Great Saiyaman!? Why? Gohan was WAY cooler as a kid!

P.S. You have no idea how much harder it is to agree than to debate.

11. Yamcha

Yamcha New Member

True, Gohan was very cool as a kid, but I liked the Great Saiyaman saga because it was totally diffirent from the other sagas. I liked watching Gohan as a mighty superhero while in the same time being a kinda dorky social outcast in high school. It was fun seeing him deal with the pressures of high school and teenage life. It was definetly a nice refreshing change in the series.

Also, Great Saiyaman is such a cool concept! He's one of my favorite characters.

12. Venom

Venom New Member

Why do I enjoy DB/Z/GT. Well because I'm an action fan. I guess you can say I was born liking action. Only thing I can't really stand about DBZ is that they depend on Goku way too much. Krillin always sucking up (Wait till Goku gets here, then we'll show him......) I cannot stand him at all.

Another thing is they kinda turned Piccolo into a wimp. I know he became more of a teacher after the Cell Series, but man.... I stopped liking him as well.

But the fighting scenes are pretty nice, and that's all that's needed to grab my attention. *Such very little things can grab my attention, and fighting is one of them*

13. Hyoga

Hyoga New Member

Im a DBZ fan and the reason I like it is because it has great fights, Akira Toriyama made the art, and the saiyans story. I love the show and I liked the movies.

14. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i actually enjoy dragon ball more than dragon ball z. i guess it's because it's just the beginning of the whole dragon ball things. plus because goku's still a kid/teenager/adult.

(o^-^o) yaka.

15. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

Well besides the point on how they can basically hold off on fighting anyone for like YEars is what makes me like it a bit. Plus trunks is like MAJOR hunky. It might be a bit bad, but it is neat to see how they can fly and blow up stuff. hehe and such awful hair :D

1 person likes this.
  16. Vegetalover16

Vegetalover16 New Member

vegeta rules!!

i like dragon ball z because their is a very good story plot , and some kick-butt fights!!!

17. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

The reason I like DBZ is because I love action anime.

18. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I like DBZ because of the story line,the fight scenes and of course of the characters view points.

19. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

the reason is obvious. everything that incompases dragonball is the reason we watch it. and since i've said that, i dont have to list anything, oh yea, still got it.

20. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I like it, Japanesee or Spanish Version only. The English names get messed up. Why did Genkidama get replaced for Spirit Bomb in english? How does that make it sound cooler? And other things as well. But still, i think it's a preety decent anime for it's plot (no matter how long...even though it can be too long...) and it's fights. Just wish they could have ended it another way....

-Seishin