Video Games Why I'm glad I have a PC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MamiyaOtaru, Feb 2, 2002.

1. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Following taken from GameSpy (italics added)
    ______
    When we first heard that Deus Ex was coming to the PlayStation 2, the announcement came with mixed emotions. On one hand bringing this compelling action/adventure to the PS2 was a great move -- the genre was definitely lacking quality titles. On the other there is the obvious technical issue. The original Deus Ex required a pretty hefty PC to run it smoothly. Could you still play the game on a PS2?

Well after checking out the PS2 version first hand, we're here to put your concerns to rest. Yeah, there is an obvious framerate issue (it's not as smooth as we would like it to be), but it's still in development and we all know that aspect of the game gets tweaked last, so there is still hope.
    ______

Hope. Yeah. this two year old game that needed a hefty PC to run on, and they are concerned if it would be playable at all on the PoS2? heheheh

Granted, it may be just this particular game that runs craptacular on the PS2 compared to the PC, but since it is my favourite game, for me PC gaming roxors

2. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Why I'm glad to have a PC and an N64

My PS2 broke down! The [PURAZUMA!]ing thing'll only play PS2-DVD games! That means no PSX, and no PS2-CD's! No DVD movies! No anything! :mad:
    Let's just say I'm glad to have a moderately-useful PC and a somewhat-serviceable N64.