Square Enix Why??!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meema, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Meema

Meema New Member

Why??!****ph33r teh big FFVII SPOILERS****

Hmmm......im been thinking all along with no reasonable answer!
    *****FFVII SPOILERS****

Why did Sephiroth killed Aeris???
    Does someone has an answer?:mad:

****WELL THE POST IS OVER, SO OBVIOUSLY THE SPOILERS ARE TOO. OBVIOUSLY****
    [edited by DL to warn of spoilers(alas too late for some)]

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

<spoilers>
    I really don't think there was too much of a reason to kill her. Except for that she was going to cast Holy, and maybe Sephiroth knew this and saw her as in his way. But doesn't Aeris call forth the life stream, to strengthen holy, at the end as a ghost? So pretty much, Sephiroth that was a mistake to kill her on Sephy's part.</spoilers>

3. Bau

Bau New Member

i thnk that septheroth is just a phsyco thats likes to kill things but

<SP>

i also think that its because that areis posed to much of a threat towards him. with HOLY and all meaning if she was alive all his plans would be ruined. so basicly she was the only one STRONG enough to deafet him.
    take the ending for example, how she appers to counter meteor along with the life stream. so i don't think that she died in vain.
    </SP>
    if that makes you feel any better.
    thats my opion.

4. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

SPOILERS

It's been a while since I played the game, but working off of what I remember (which is very little), I think that perhaps the death of Aerith and other people is just step and step closer to the whole "Reaching the Lifestream" cycle. As usual, could be wrong...

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

In conjunction to Ark's spoiler...

*****SPOILERS*****

Aeris was also the last full-blooded Ancient. Sephiroth killed her in order to try and stem the calling of Holy. He partially succeeded, in that Holy was stuck in the middle of casting. If you noticed (I think...mine own knowledge is a little hazy as well.) Cloud and Co. went to the northern crater in order to try and stop Sephiroth, heedless of whether they end up calling Holy or not. So, Seph *did* succeed, to the point that Holy wasn't cast until Meteor was only a few miles off the ground.

6. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

Hmm..

*SPOILER*

Can't it be that since she was the last fullblooded Ancient, Sephiroth killed her because thought that his mother (Jenova) was the only one "worthy" to be an ancient?

7. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I think he did it to provoke Cloud to chase him down more than he already was.Remember Cloud unwillingly(actually under Sephiroths(or Jenovas,been a while since I played this part of VII)control) helped Sephiroth at the Northern Mountains.Sephiroth wanted to use him to help and decided to get him angry and want revenge.That way he would follow Sephiroth endlessly.

8. Kenshin666

Kenshin666 New Member

Hmm..Not bad Kaneda. Not Bad!

9. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

i go into this thread, wondering what it is. then i read the first sentance, and BOOM! MAJOR SPOILER! i mean, wtf? at least gimme a warning. u have just wrecked so much for me. :(

10. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Er, actually, I heard it was because the producer's mother died and he wanted to do something about it, so he wrote that into the game. It stinks though, right after I made Cloud fall in lovewith Aeris!!!

11. Inu_Kagome

Inu_Kagome New Member

Even though I could care less (so sorry meema)I would have to agree with ArkAnjil

12. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

It was because that she was in his way of Meteor.
    You see, he knew that she was the last Ancient that could summon Holy so that was pretty much a huge obstacle for him to overcome. I didn't think he wanted to get back a Cloud or for his own sick fantasies, just to kill her and take his place as the ruler of the world by summoning Meteor and going to the energy of the Lifestream. And besides, she was praying for Holy since the intro of FFVII.

13. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

well i agree with both theories. I believed because she was the last full blooded Ancient Sephy decided to kill her. I guess the mid casting of holy had another part to it.:( I miss Aeris, she was a really weak character.