Video Games Wild ARMs: Alter Code f

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Izzy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Hello folks! This is Izzy with his first looks at WA: Alter Code f!

Now, this game is a remake of the PSX niche-classic Wild ARMs. Now, much more than a remake, the game has been vastly retooled.

Essentially, this game is about Rudy, Cecilia, and Jack (and his trusty Wind Mouse, Hanpan). This trio is on its way to save the world. Rudy being an ARM user (a gun that requires willpower to use o_O), Cecilia being the Shaman/Sage, and Jack being the sword guy. Good vs. Evil vs. Eviler Evil.

Anyway, if you know the first Wild ARMs, you know the story. Or, look it up. The main reason is that this game is a definite buy. It features a great story, though it does suffer from lots of reading (lots of the backstory can be gleaned from books lying about) and a Crono-type character (i.e. he doesn't talk because he's "you").

Again, this game is completely revamped. Instead of Rudy being a swordsman, he uses his ARM exclusively and has to reload when he clips out. Extra characters round the game out well, as well as keeping the musical score excellently western.

My main gripe would have been that the didn't add the original opening theme (which is one of the best in a long long time)...but they add it after you complete the first three quests. They did change it a bit, adding the newer characters, but that's okay.

Anyway, at the VERY least, give this game a go...because it's an awesome remix of an already great game!

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Having played Wild ARMS 3, I've wanted to try the first ones, too. With this around, I might just have an excuse to go buy it. :) I wonder how I'll find time to play it, though...

Are there any points you liked in the original over this version? Or is it all gold? :)

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I liked the original more, if only because it's so class. And you can actually buy different weapons and armor. In Alter Code, you're stuck. Oh, and the 255 trick is non-existent. =P

4. wiggles

wiggles New Member

Yeah I have heard good things about Wild Arms. I hear Alter Code f is good and 3 is hard but good. What is your favorite Wild Arms game? Wild Arms 4 came out and I played it the hex battle system is different. Anyone play wild arms 4? If you have what do u think about it?