Saber Marionette will there be...

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Echiko, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Echiko

Echiko New Member

Will there ever be a movie of Saber Marionette? Ya think?? I dunno! I HOPE THERE WOULD BE!!! :rolleyes:

2. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Well im not sure if there is really going to be anymore SM stuff...HOPEFULLY there will be...but the last thing they made was Saber Marionette R in 1999...I think. But ya never know!!!

3. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

actually, I think it was SMJtoX that they made in 1999. :confused:

4. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

J to X ran from '98 to very early '99 as far as I can tell. And I thought R was earlier, and the first OVA released.

Hrm...

*goes to check Hanami's*

~ Lady Aoi

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Oi! Timeline confusion again!

First off, I'd love anything else that would arrive for SM...movie or otherwise...

Second off, there was no definitive 1999 release of anything...J to X ran 98-99 as stated...and R was actually the first animated SM, back in 1995...

Story time!

Satoru had originally been in work on the novels when executives asked to produce a six-episode OVA of his SMJ... He returned that his story was far too large to be able to cover its entirety in a mere six episodes, so he offered an alternative. He came up with a story set far into the future on that same planet, and R was given life...

BakaMattSu, oh, that feels so much better now - posting that is...

6. Lady Aoi

I think they should do a SMJ Omake theatre, as they've done on a few other animes (okay so I just read the fan fic "trigun omake theatre, but it was hella funny and cheered me up when I was having a bad day -_-;). Either that or Hanagata should get his own OVA ^____~. Oh come on, like you can't imagine it. Just think of the Hanagata OVA as SMJ's equivalent of Tenchi's "Pretty Sammy", or Project A-ko's "Blue Side" and "Grey Side": a few new villains, a weird AU setting (perhaps Hana and Otaru pilot a space ship with a little spidery creature known as "Jumbo-san"), and of course some interesting costume changes for our blonde bow-clad hero.

~ Lady Aoi: Damn, what makes me post these things? :glazed:

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm sorry, I just can't resist...

J-J-Jumbo-San??!!

ROTFLMAO!

8. InuYasha

InuYasha New Member

*chanting like the Blue Seed Omake Theater* Omake! Omake! Omake! Omake!

Yeah,it appears out of a giant bowl and trumpets at the judges,didn't you know? Oh wait,wrong Jumbo-san... :sweat2:

Anyway,if they did do a SMJ movie,I'd be interested in seeing them explore the 300 years prior to Otaru waking Lime,or even the whole scenario of their escape from Earth...

InuYasha - adding one more project to his list of fanfic works...

9. Echiko

Echiko New Member

hehe:sweat2: I see... Sach said that maybe not cuz they did them year by year so.....if the last year they made it was 1999 then maybe not~:sad: dats sad....

10. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

I would of LOVED to see some new Saber Marionette stuff...but the makers of SMJ and stuff, is only doing Cyber Team in Akihabara now...u.u

11. Ardis

Ardis New Member

The possibility always exists for another series or movie of SMJ to come out. The only problem would be, who would write the story. The original author could if he isn't busy. Then the preverbal question comes, who would do the voice? Would they round up the original voice actors from the others or have new people play the voices.

12. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

If Satoru and crew didn't write the thing, it just wouldn't be the same...

Likewise with changing voices (assuming the same characters are involved and it's not a new storyline as in R...)

I'm sure it'd still be somewhat good... but look at the end of what Kenshin turned out to be as compared to the Manga... it was good, but would've been phenomenal if it had followed the orginal works to the end...

BakaMattSu, he'd write a series, but it'd end up following some J to X storyline without him knowing it....

13. Sachiko

IF they were to have a Saber Marionette movie, I really hope that the original seiyuus will remain the same! Megumi Hayashibara! Yuri Shiratori! Akiko Hiramatsu! Imai Yuka! And even Koyasu Takehito! What'll we do without them?

14. Ardis

Ardis New Member

I too would want to original seiyuus to remain. But one would wonder, if they were to do a logical next step in the SMJ series, not an AU. What would it be? Lime, cherry and blood berry growing up? An AU story might be more interesting, perhaps having a world were marionettes (both male and female) are not given respect, even if they have an emotion circuit. And the story around those who do treat them as humans and so on... Then again that might be straying too far from the SMJ series, and kind of sounds similar to Armitage.

15. Echiko

Echiko New Member

That would be coollll...*daydreams...:rolleyes: * ah,,,it would be cool to see one of something about them growing up and maybe later...(somehow) they remember when they were a marionette or or or .....something COOL! CUZ EVERYONE KNOWS SMJ RULEZ!

16. Lady Aoi

I think that would be an adorable movie/series... and of course very moving, interesting, etc.

Damn, kids. If I weren't already doing 5000000 SMJ fics and one huge SMJ 'series' fic of my own, I might adopt that project. *shrugs, considers adding it to the pile*

~ Aoi

17. kapitanbar

kapitanbar Member

In fact, since January 2002, Satoru Akahori is working on the follow up of Saber Marionette. It's called something like "Edo High School,.etc" (I wish I would know japanese). The plot begins 100 or 200 years after Saber Marionette R. Marionettes weren't discontinuated. Instead of that, they've got with time a recognition that equals them with humans. And now they're made of "cellular automata" and they not only grow up mentally, they also do it physically.

So far is only a novel, and it seems that it could be a classical high school story,...but you can't know Akahori has proven to make wonderful stories.

For anyone who would like to see:

Edo High School (Satoru Akahori's site)

if you want to get a (bad) translation from japanese, go to Babelfish translator you can translate from japanese to english.

There's a nice new thing about the "blood type", it defines the self of each marionette, there are blood types "L", "C" and "B". With not a big deal of inquiring you can guess from where comes it :p

And that's all I know for now

18. Sachiko

o_O Hey! I do see the katagana words "Saber Marionette" in there, and it does seem something like a sequel. But...still, it DEFINITELY wouldn't be the same without our fruity salad girls Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry. ;_; Not to mention the other characters such as Otaru and Hanagata and Lorelei and Faust and the Saber Dolls.

19. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Sugoi! More "Saver Marionette"! Should be interesting to return to the future once again...it looks a lot brighter and bouncier than R was. Unfortunately, the animation plan for Z was thrown out the door from what I've understood, and there's no telling what could come from the high school turf take... :)

Thanks for the link, kapitanbar!