Japanese With love from Japan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kagome_Akari, May 27, 2005.

1. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

here are some cool pics from japan. hope you like! i sure do!^_^

Attached Files:

2. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

I want that clock. and the building in the first picture is so pretty! :D

3. Kagome_Akari

Kagome_Akari New Member

i'll give you guys some more of my pics.

4. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

cool, i'll give some pics of my own!!!!

here you go. tooken by me just for you!

5. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

ra, i'm such a sucker for shrines. :p gotta get some pics up too...

any of you have pictures of aomori????

6. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I have lots of pics of sensou-ji, Tokyo. I went there on Constitution day, so it was really busy. Its not the tranquil kind of temple, its almost like a market square, but the buildings are pretty spectacular.

I'm thinking of the best way to show them, probably web site, I'll see what i can do, my friend might let me us his. I dont want to use Geo-sh*ties ^_~ or someting that ruins it with spam and popups.

7. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

lol, post them here, i'd love to see my beloved Tokyo again.

i'll search through my pics and see if i have anymore. i'm sure i do.

8. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

heh ok, I cant be bothered to desing web site, right now anyway.

These are all sensou-ji on Constitution Day in May (3rd?) this year, 2005.

First is main temple, there was a ceremony going on in there. You can watch it thru a wire mesh screen. People throw coins and pray. The wire is really to stop the coins hitting the priest ^^

koi no boro means carp streamer. This is to celebrate Boys Day later in the week, 5th May. Carp is masculine symbol, and boys hang this in their rooms, and you see them flying over school yards.

sensou-ji no tou means pagodas (tou).

mon is gate, which you enter the temple area through. This is a spectacular one with those enormous lanterns.

I have many more of Tokyo if anyone wants to see more. Inc the cosplayers and visualists at Harajuku.

Attached Files:

9. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

very nice i love them all!

10. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

uwa... natsukashii... *tear.* lol. i MISS JAPAAAA~N!!!!! come back to me my LOVE!!! :D

11. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Heh, me too. I was thinking that yesterday. Actually I miss Tokyo particularly. i was there only 3 weeks ago ...>_<...

OK so Im going to post Harajuku pics even tho no body asked for more ^.^

These are fun, you have to see them... prob everyone knows about the bridge at Harajuku where cosplayers and visualists and goths etc all hang out at weekends. I was there Sat and Sun, these were took on Sunday. If you want to go there, you get the Yamanote Line to Harajuku, come out of the station, turn right, do not cross the road, just where the station ends you will find the bridge.

This what looks like a square is actually a bridge going over the railway, it leads to the big park and shrine. Go and see that too. The main town is across the road in the other direction, obviously worth exploring.

ANyway... the pics don't need much explaining, the 1st one I took from a pedestrian bridge that looks over the main bridge and shows the whole area where people hang. The girls sat in a circle are playing bingo. The european girl on the left is from UK childrens television channel, making a piece for their show. She sat in and they videoed it.

I dont know why the boy is leaning against the wall. Prob wached too much anime...

Attached Files:

12. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

i miss Japan so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *sits and whines along with Yakamashi* Send me back to Japan!!!

i like the boy's hair. why is there a weird head on that last picture?

13. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Nice pictures all you have there. Japan is so great *sighs* I just wonder...

Anyway, where's the people? I can find more pictures like that (Even though I've never gone out of this side of the Earth :p)

14. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Yea, you can find plenty of temple and shrine pics on the web, but I went there and took these myself.

But there are plenty of people in my 2nd post, see Harajuku pics.

Yea, I meant to explain. That is a face shot of the "girl" on the left of the main pic ^^

15. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

... o_O woah. i missed that last picture... kinda freaked me out...

but, those are pictures of tokyo? ^^ i went there again last year... walked through the temple thing at night, and ra, it scared the crap out of me! but then i was with some other people.. so i kinda acted like i wasn't. :sweat2: like there were all these sounds, and there's like those stairways that you walk through, and they have those red things above them... gyah! i forgot what it was called.. anyway, it was just plain creepy. but in the day light, it was really nice!!

tte, haker... where in tokyo are you from?! from the city side... etc?

16. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

Yea, its the only place in Japan Ive been. The first set are Sensou-Ji which is in Asakusa, on the Sumida River, kind of NE Central Tokyo and the second obviously Harajuku in the West of Central Tokyo.

I also have pics of Shinjuku, Ginza, Ebisu, Ueno and Ikebukuro and Minato. But many arent that interesting. Ebisu seems like a very cool place to be atm, I loved wondering around on the hill, some weird and wonderful buildings there.

17. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

who cares if they aren't interesting, just post them!! ^__^

was the sumida river the one used in kinpachi sensei...? wakaru?

18. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

wakatta, demo.. sono kawa wa 'arakawa' desu. shikashi, sumida wa chikai desu.

19. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

aa... sokka... tte, kawa nanka zenbu nitemasu ne...?

sorede shyashin no koto degozaimasun desu kedo.... yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!! :D

20. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

sou desu ne

ryoukai! yoriooku no shashin o sugu ni miseru!

OK, a few more random pics:

shibuya, this is the crazy intersection with giant video screeens set in the buildings, blaring out sound too. This is sunday, so its quieter. On saturday when the lights change the intersection is solid with people crossing, wave after wave. Shibuya is a shopping district, with depato aimed at younger people mainly. Kids hang out by the famous statue of the dog, which waited years for its master to return (which he never did because hed died). Thats just under where I took this photo, but you cant see it.

Shibuya band. On sundays they close streets in some shopping areas, here you can see a band setting up. (I think its Shibuya). There are always bands playing in the streets on SUnday. You get them at Harajuku, too.

Ebisu MC2. This is one of the henna biru in Ebisu. I think this building has bars and clubs in it. This is the bottom of the hill, up the hill there are boutiques and trendy apartments. I like it round here.

Ginza Kabukiza. Kabuki-za is the main kabuki theatre in Tokyo. This is on Boys Day, people are waiting for the performance to start. Those are drums stacked up behind the lady in the kimono. A Kibuki show goes on all day, but you can take in bento, go in just for a short while, or sleep through part of the show if you like. Nobody minds.

Attached Files: