Debate World Domination?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mad_Hamish, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Sorry to get all political again, but looking at the situation on our planet at the moment there's one question that keeps on popping up again and again.
    Are the US government after some kind of world domination? It's definitly possilbe and it is within their grasp.
    So megalomaniacs or just moral police.

This might seem like flogging a dead horse to some. What with the US government post and the Bush post.
    But this is a whole other issue and has much more important and far reaching implications than Bush or the currant US government.

Oh and read this article. I pretty much agree with it.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/september11/story/0,11209,1036685,00.html

Now I know some of you kiddies have short attention spans.
    But if you're gonna post here, please, read the ****ing article.

2. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

*nods* the artical had alot of really good points....and I agree with you...the US has gone a bit to far....I dunt know how other people fare...but do you think that Bush will get re-elected?? I mean think about it, if Al Gore was in office...what kinda situation do you think that this country would be in???

Misao

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

all depends what you mean by world domination.. as in the world becoming one nation.. Thats not even a possibility.. But if you mean being puppet masters of most nations.. yeah maybe..

KaMe

4. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

As an American citizen (perhaps, I think there's an age limit, but anyways)...

I totally agree. The current power trip that the government seems to be taking could have serious consequences. Then again, I was the one who said we were going to war with Iraq on the day Bush was announced the winner of the Presidential election...

Then again, the government IS predictable...

*Democrat (sorry, guys)*

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Wow, thats pretty far out there what that think tank came up with (that whole Pax Americana idea). Tell me, isn't the United States becoming more and more like Ancient Rome?

The other stuff about the september 11th attacks are also interesting. It makes me wonder if the government really did let the attacks happen so they could have a legitimate reason to get all pushy. Similar to the speculation over Pearl Harbor and whether or not FDR really did know about the attack before hand but let it happen anyways just so he could attack Japan.

I'd have to say that the government does have good intentions behind what it does. BUT, the methods of getting them done range from satisfactory to downright horrible. Take the operation in Somolia back in 1993. It was a peace keeping mission, yet task force Ranger and Delta operatives were sent in to do raids and attacks. The intention was good, to feed the starving nation, but we also went after leaders and caused a bit of death and destruction (not to mention just ended up abandoning the job).

You would not even have to control most nations. Control a few with the most influence in their region, and you'll have a filtering down effect that will work much better. Especially since your puppet nations could take the blame for your actions in case you screw up.

6. Dark_Dreams

Dark_Dreams New Member

I think that's definetly crossed Bush's mind. That's why I'm movin to Paris as soon as I can before Saadam finally gets real pissed and nukes us all. Oh yeah have yall heard this crap about freedom fries instead of French fries.

7. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

There's so much wrong with this thread that I don't know where to begin. I'll just ignore it and watch for rules violations..

- Ark

8. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

They mention "Pax Americana"? Sorry to sound stupid, but a guy from school, when others were forming a group against the war (called "Pax Christi"), decided to oppose them as much as possible. He formed a group called the "Pax Americana", which is actually bad Latin. It should be "Pax Americanen" or something. I'm not sure, I just heard that. This is what suprised me about that post. BTW, I made a satire of the whole situation called the "Pax Humana", which quieted the riots going on in the school.

9. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Yeah I just said world domination cos is sounded far out, in a James Bond villan kind of way.

What it's really getting at is, as the Project for the new american century put it, American world leadership.

Bah Ark you see stuff wrong with every debate post. Spoil sport.
    All we need now is some snide comment from Mordeth about people's general intelligence and this'll be an offical debate.
    I thought it would be worse. I can't beileve there's not a rant from a radical lefty.
    But it could be worse, it could be about the length of wangs or something.

10. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

I have nothing to say here, anyone who buys into that new american century shite isn't worth the time and energy it takes to come up with a halfway decent insult that they will actually understand.. you literally have to try and slow your brain down quite a considerable bit just so you can be only marginally smarter than they are..

also, i can't tell if you were insulting me or not there.. but I'm honoured all the same :p

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

"Regime Change"

Some interesting bits in that article:
    "We're the absolute best, and we know what's best for everyone else, and we're not going to let anyone say otherwise."

"After all, what do all those United Nations really know? We don't need their permission for anything."

LOL. I'm sorry, let me try to comment on this...LOL, nevermind.

Personally, I don't feel too much more comfortable with the "world-friendly" United States holding Weapons of Mass Destruction and making it into a "tool". A rose by any other name...

Oh, yeah. A system to control everybody, with it calling all the shots. Skynet, anyone?

Finally, in regards to the whole article's Conspiracy Theory, it isn't a difficult notion to swallow. It may be appalling to think that 9/11 was "allowed" to happen, but it's a possibility.

I think another debatable possibility is whether or not the US has already more or less dominated the world. They're leaps ahead in the arms race, they've shown they can call their own shots despite what any other country/countries has/have to say, and their influence is pretty much global. They may not be calling everyone's shots, directly, but if they got up one morning and decided they wanted to, would everyone else be able to make a stand?

12. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Hasn't anyone heard of the "Space Treaty"? It specifically forbids anything like this. No one is allowed to claim land off Earth, and no weapons are allowed in space. Why, then, would we need to dominate it?

HEIL! Wir ist die Master Race!

13. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Right on time.

Nah it wasn't an insult. Just an observation really.
    My insults aren't very complex. They usually don't have a sentance like structure.
    The old "genital followed by pretty much any word(there's probably a term for that, like noun or one of those)" method works for me.

14. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

What like the Kyoto treaty?

Things change.
    Governments break treatys if they need to.
    Treatys are just a deterant.
    If it's in the best interest of the state a government will do it.

15. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

Besides, who is going to be able to monitor space and make sure that the U.S. is not building space weapons? I'm sure that anything of this type is disgused as a weather/astronomy satellite.

I used to listen to a guy on the radio who would come on at midnight and he would somehow get generals, scientists and spys on the show to talk about aliens, government projects and other hidden stuff. One system I remember them talking about a lot was this HARP unit. Apparently, it is used to lazy, depressed, excited, active or anywhere in between. I never believed it, I listened to that show more for the late night thrill (somewhat similar to watching a monster movie). But on day on the discovery channel, I saw a documentary about the HARP system. Guess what. They said it was designed as a storm warning system. With all this trouble in Iraq, I asked my dad why the system has not been used? THe answer made sense. Since it is unblockable, it would affect the U.S. troops too.

Of course this is all speculation. But imagine if it is true? There really would be more to the world than any of us can imagine.

16. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Actually, there really was a "space treaty" written during the Cold War, mostly to assure that no one was going to do anything to start a real war. What with everyone panicing over Sputnik and the moon landings, they needed some way of assuring the safety of everyone.

And yes, things do change, but why would they need to in this case?