One Piece Would it be as interesting

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Orion, Jul 29, 2005.

?

Would it have been as interesting if Luffy didn't eat the fruit?

1. Yes, it would still be interesting.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, it wouldn't be as interesting.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Orion

Orion Gears

Hey all, I was browsin around this forum, thinking about back episodes of One Piece. Then I got the idea for this thread, so here's the question: Would One Piece be as interesting as it is is Luffy didn't eat the Gum Gum Fruit?

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Not really, because the most two things that interest me are:

- What new techniques shall Luffy invent with his Rubber abilities.
    - How will they save Luffy when he is dropped in the sea (or dropped in water nonetheless), especially when the rest are occupied with their own fights?
    (ex: What happend with the mermen [hint: Nami's village part, early episodes]).

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I agree with Zanza. The windmill (or whatever that thing was) ability was funny. He did it when he faced Arlong. Have yet to see him do it again.

Wasn't he unable to swim before he ate it or was that someone else?

Plus it makes him strong and funny. All the mishaps he does is just to great.

4. chibi_nasu

chibi_nasu New Member

I think it would be just as interesting, but it also seems like I've seen a wee bit farther than most [at least in this thread...]

Plenty of the characters haven't eaten Devil Fruit, and as far as Luffy goes, he'd be just as determined, and I think just as capable. He didn't eat the fruit in order to become Pirate KIng... he ate the fruit because he doesn't know how not to eat anything... He'd be a little easier to wound, and falling in the water wouldn't be such a big deal, but he would still be Luffy, the man who will be pirate king.

5. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

it would be just as interesting cuz he only uses his rubber ablity for combat moves so if you took that away it might be lacking but you would still have zolo and others to add to the combat effect

6. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

Oh boi. Oh boi. No it wouldn't.