Tenchi Muyo Would it work....

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by nicolasazure, Feb 14, 2004.

1. nicolasazure

nicolasazure New Member

Even though there is no evidence to support this happening....do you think Ayeka and Ryoko would make a good couple...assuming enough time passed...

2. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

With enough time i still don't think that they would be friends. There morals are just to far apart and the way that they were brought up also plays a factor.

They are like the opposite poles of a magnet. It just wouldn't work

3. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

with enough time passed i think they will kill each other. i think that they will never make a good couple cuz they hated each other long before they met Tenchi and after that they hated each other even more....

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Yeah, they'd go freakin' thermonuclear. And probably take Tenchi down with them.

5. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

Actually.....

If you've seen Tenchi Forever there is a hint there that the two can get along. (but thats Universe) For each series i assume the answer is different.

Universe = If Tenchi Remains in the picture in some form then they can get along as friends at least (if pretty Sammy gets involved then yes couple)

Muyo = This is difficult cause despite Episodes 1-7 being totally their conflict after 7 they seem very laxed. With the only argueing being inticed in a playful manner (I love Tenchi being a prime example, and again in Here Comes Jurai)
    Now as a couple hmmm...I would say no again cause there are far too many complications...Yosho...Washu...and Tsunami. And of course Tenchi himself. You would have to remove all of those complications and with all of them gone they would have no reason to even know each other.

In Tokyo =Easiest...simply No again. Why? Cause it is'nt as detailed as Muyo and therefore no complications the characters are as 2d as they come and predictable. therefore Ryoko hate Ayeka.

I would say the only one it could happen in is Universe and seeing as that series was finished with Tenchi Forever with Ryoko getting Tenchi But Ayeka staying =a No.

sorry.

6. nicolasazure

nicolasazure New Member

My apology

I just wanted to post and say how sorry I am. I posted this months ago and completely forgot about it. I was looking through these answers and they all re-affirm a strong central belief: Ayeka and Ryoko would never work. Which is probably one hundered percent right. Anyway, even though it's been so long, I want to issue a very belated thank you for your thoughts on this matter. "nicolasazure"

7. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Actually, under certain circumstances (and in a very alternative universe), I think that Ayeka/Ryoko pairing could work out.

Indeed, they are both very different, but somewhat alike at the same time (paradoxal, but true!), and I think they would compliment each other perfectly, negating each other’s weak points; i.e. polite, considerate and gentle Ayeka would be able to help Ryoko to hold back her rudeness and anger, while Ryoko’s boldness and self-confidence would help Ayeka to overcome her shyness and indecision. Not to mention that Ayeka and Ryoko are SO effective when they are fighting side by side...

After defeating Nagi in Tenchi Muyo! Universe, No Need For Arch-Rivals! (Ayeka's ivolvement was minor, but it was the key to Nagi's defeat)

...However, it is obvious that neither of them is into Shoujo-Ai relationship. Moreover, in the original Tenchi Muyo! reality, they are not going to ever become lovers, no matter how much time will pass, for two reasons:

1) Both of them are madly in love with Tenchi.

2) In both OVAs and TVs, they were rivals long before they met Tenchi, and although they were tolerating each other to a certain degree for Tenchi’s sake (c’mon, both of them understand that one of them dead, and another seriously [and probably mortally] injuried [and that’s what would happen if they would REALLY fight to the death] isn’t what Tenchi is looking forward to), if not for him, each of their encounters would risk ending with death of one of them.

But despite all this, I’ll repeat myself, under certain circumstances and in a very alternative universe, I can see Ayeka and Ryoko becoming a couple, and quite a good couple at that.