Video Games WoW 1.9 patch

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bloodberry, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/1p9/shiftingsands.html

in case for some reason you play and don't actually look at the in-development stuffs at all, read that. <3 silithus has had my attention since i mapped it out before they altered about 75% of the landscape and halved it's size (the wall blocked away half the map, they're turning that area into an outdoor-ish type raid instance, thus why they removed the empty zone area from the main silithus map). hell, they even changed the bug tower (which can be seen from almost anywhere in the cenerian hold there).
    i hates buggies with a PASSION, but i waaa~nnnt. >.>;

and if you play and were for some reason under a rock with general turned off and no one else to talk to and still didn't look at the main page, 1.9 is the Paladan talent change.

discuss >.>

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Work has pretty much barred me from WoW lately (among many other activities). Then again, I'm one of those disgruntled rogues from a smaller guild that can't run anything bigger than UBRS, and the 1.8 patch change to instant attack damage nerfed me hardcore (dagger crit build w/ Barman Shanker).

The Good
    -More Auction House spots. About damn friggin time! How many times have I been thrown down the Ironforge trench due to AH lag? Orgrimmar gets pretty bad too at peak hours. Although, I still think they would have been better off instancing the AH, it should help some -- one would hope. It could always end up just lagging all three major cities for each faction. ^^

-Multiple Battleground Queues. Again, about damn friggin time! Hopefully, this will make my grind to a better dagger (See 1.8 patch mini-rant above) come easier.

-The Lifestealing enchantment now does shadow damage rather than fire damage. Should make it back into the sought-after enchants again.

-Silithus air elementals have a slightly increased chance of dropping essence of air. Should help somewhat. The droprate is pitiful right now - I want my +15 agility. :p

-Alcor's Sunrazor is now Bind on Equip. I always thought a Bind on Pickup world drop was stupid.

-There is now a Guild Info panel for each guild. Sorely needed. Mail is too hard to handle, and the MotD is too limited.

-The Friends List and Guild UI will now display when a person is AFK. Useful.

The Bad
    -Ahn'Qiraj. So, with what little exposure I've had with MC and ZG, I can safely say I'm not likely to even see what's on the other side of the gates of Ahn'Qiraj. It's kind of a downer whenever they introduce this high level content, because it's always geared to a well-equipped team of good players in the area of 20 or more. Pickup groups are out of question, so unless you have a good guild (and are willing to put up with their playtime demands and other rules), you're not going to see it anytime soon. But I digress...

-Armor Set Models. These look badass, but once again, I may not get to wear them until I can crank up to level 40 and take a smaller group into the current Hardcore dungeons. Plus, it will just make me cry to see the uber players looking so wicked. :) Final Note: Why does the Paladin armor set they feature look evil to me? Aren't they bearers of truth, justice, and prissy pants?

The Ugly
    -Paladin Talent Adjustements. Every single "class adjustment" (with exception of maybe Warlock) that's happened so far has shook balance. High level warriors have become damage dealers in plate and Hunters have similarly jumped in that role (minus plate - but they're ranged, armor is a lesser factor). A well-specced druid can take a role of tank or DPS on close to the same level as a non-hybrid class. I don't think Paladins will be any exception, looking at what has changed to this point. They're going to be the next "class-of-choice".

Sounds like a big patch. Some nice features, but things I've lived with up to this point, so I'm not in a big rush to see the release.

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Thanks for the info you two. I have yet to play with the patch let alone turn on my account. But my friend has one. Maybe after Christmas I will.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

yeah you should ^^

from the patch, the ah in the cities look to be in...odd places. i hunted down the darnassus one on test server. you know the bank? you head up the ramp from it (going out to dolanaar) and turn right into tradesman terrrace. from there, take a right and go you the left ramp of the 2 you're facing. kind of a wierd run, but i guess if you arne't lagging every few steps, this will be fine. i need to see where the stormwind and booty bay ones are, as i have a good guess what building gets it in everlook.
    if you make on lothar basher, shoot me a tell (Dita). i'm notorious for tagging along after the noobie area and helping out. (noobie area is where you learn controls and things, you should be 5-6 when you leave it and well, nothing in those areas should really kill you unless you're a straight caster type. but we all know that druids rule all. *^-^*)

5. Chane

Chane Audience of One

I really need to start playing again. I have a 21 Female Night Elf Rogue named Obtenebrate and a 22 Male Gnome Warlock named Bobthesilent, both on Dark Iron (YAY FOR PENNY ARCADE GUILDS! PAlliance FTW). Though I guess it's for the better that I stop playing for now so my girlfriend can get to 60 :p (She's at 57 right now, Human Mage). I only just stopped playing very recently so I knew about the 1.9 stuff, and the biggest thing out of it I'm looking forward to is the other Auction Houses, might ease up Ironforge a bit (and avoid that nasty pit that the designers put there to purposely frustrate players :p).

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

And if you roll a Horde faction, feel free to hit myself (Goregut) or TamaKameKami (Algrumm) up for a guild invite. TKK has a lot more playtime than myself recently, but I'm hoping to get more of a WoW fix in again soon.

Goregut is my Druid alt, although I find myself playing with him more often than my main nowadays. Go dr00ds!

Re: Auction House Locations - it's good that they decided to put Teldrassil's out of the way. What sucks about Ironforge's location is you almost can avoid going by it when you pass through the city.

7. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Well once I get my account up I will. Right now I am playing Vellia Night Elf Druid Level 16 on Draenor. I am having a little troube getting my sea lion transformation. But I know where it is at.

My main character same relam level 38 Helmany Human Warloc. She is pretty. But that is on my account. There is a lot I have to do this month otherwise I would activate it. Plus my mother paid for a pogo account for me so I would feel bad if I didn't play it.

I got a chance to play a little darn it looks pretty cool.