Video Games WoW Funeral Crashers

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wertitis, Mar 22, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Here's something everyone can enjoy. I've never felt more guilty for laughing so hard.

Here's the scoop- In World of Warcraft, on the Illidan Server, a horde guild had one of thier players die irl, so they decided to hold a memorial for him. The server they were on was a PvP server.

It's like watching hawks descend onto helpless prey. They were outnumbered 2:1 but managed to pull a nice wipe.

I felt so bad because someone really died and they were holding thier own little 'service' for him, but then again this is a game and when you're flagged, you can't cry when you get killed regardless of the circumstances.

Wow-o-phites will really dig this (or hate it, one of the two), and the rest of you all may get a kick out of it. If I ever died, I would rest in peace if something like this happened at my WoW funeral service.

Enjoy 'yall.

Serenity Now Guild Crashes An Online, World of Warcraft Funeral Service

Note: If language isn't your bag of tricks you wont like the music, so just a friendly warning. Then again the vid isn't half as good with the mute button pushed.

If you go to thier site they have some higher quality Mpegs if you can't read the fine print because of the low vid quality.

~W

:Edit: I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I have a poor choice in words. This wasn't a "Funeral" that they crashed, it was a Memorial. A funeral you bury someone, a memorial you do stuff to remember them... I think.

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Well i don't know, but i think that funerals (online or otherwise) are something sacred, and shouldn't be meddled with. It's something people prepared with all their hearts. It may be funny, but one of the worst things you can do to something who mourns a friend is upset him.

It's bad karma, I tell you.

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Real life is another matter entirely. Crash a funeral in real life and you're not playing by any rules; it's not a game. You're burning something sacred under those respects.

But when you're playing something like WoW, and something like this happens, all you can do is laugh because that's how the game is played. If you set yourself up for disaster, that's what's going to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the woman who died too, but at the end of the day, WoW is only a game. I guarantee the woman who died knew that; which is why she was on a PvP Server to begin with.

You can't read the last three things the guy says at the end of the low quality vid. He says "She loved Fishing" "And Snow" "And PvP"

Considering the server it was on, I couldn't agree more.

That was a pretty clean wipe. While there were better places to hold a memorial. The irony was those were all HK's (Honorable Kills).

Yup, pretty much. I don't think there's any denying that at this point.

~W

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Yes, it's true. People are jerks.

I think it would seem a lot less funny though if you were participating and got killed, wertitis.

On the plus side, this video reminded me of a song I used to love. :)

5. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I swore i replied to this but all well.

I can say that it's pretty dang funny how they got them. I mean most of the people had to be afk (away from keyboard). Sure it's bad but you got to say it wasn't expected.

6. Luffy

Luffy I Can See A New Horizon

dont take me as a jerk but as an avid WoW player this is just so funny i mean out numberd and just totally ownd but still its some ones memoreral you shouldnt mess with it but total ownage and its some of the best PvPing ive ever seen