Video Games WoW Grinding Blues

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wertitis, May 19, 2006.

1. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Okies, this ish for all the guys and gals who WoW on a regular basis. My main char, Leska (NE Rogue), is at level 51, and I've just spent the last 4 hours grinding Harpees in Feralas. I need to level somewhere else before I loose my marbles. Are there any places that would be good for her to go quest and ish to level (or any really good grind spots)? I've been around Un'Goro and at the moment it's still a little too heavy for me. Does anyone have any places, tricks, secrets or anything to help with the last 10 grindfest (and hopefully break the monotony of making the last 10 levels)? I'm going to run up to Felwood and get my bum knocked around up there for a while. If anyone even mentions Azshara I'm gonna start lobbing cinderblocks at them. :sad: That place is a death trap.

I'm going to be running Mara a few times as well as ST in a few levels. BRD after that I think. Any other instances I should keep an eye out for?

~W

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

spent most of my time in the 50's in the crater. around 57, throw yourself at dire maul with the joyous world of pugs. mostly, cause it's easy as hell. i've hated felwood for a very long time, so i avoid it. might want to also go to western plaguelands and slaughter the undead there. if the little cemetary is camped (like it never is...), pick off the guys on the edges of anderhal. there's plenty there. and it's argent dawn fame. the stuff in searing gorge is fun. (go to badlands and head east, there's a way in there.) or, there's random quests in STV to keep you busy till the end of time.
    most of my guild has hit 60 in maul though, so mostly, it's just getting a few more levels really. (tribute runs ftw)
    one of my more favorite spots in the crater is along the east wall. my husband enjoys the tar pits just outside of the camp in the north. (living essences ftw)

maradon is fun, unless you're with idiots...then just leave as soon as the deaths start...(went in with a lvl 60 warlock in a very well known guild...i want his face shot >.>)

BRD, LBRS(easy as hell), stratholme is fun...sometimes...i hate living start so bad...the baron in dead drops your pants =3 how naughty

and azshara is fun...<3 cliffs for falling heh...just...mind the freaking...farmers....growl...

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

OR get the Titan BMRecLevel add on.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

that's not really something to helpy oud decide if an area is good to grind in, unless aside from givng you the recommeneded level, it factors in farmers and the like. or you know, what area are just boring. >.> (like the badlands...dear god...) if you want a list of instances for your level and for some reason don't have atlas...get atlas...then get the HQ map pack for it(which are all done by one atlas map creater, just in high quality) it has the levels, the full number you people to bring in, and marking on boss spawn positions, including rares. or, you go by which instances drop good stuff for your class. thottbot is your friend there. (i have an ungodly list of mods i use if ever curious)

/shrug

5. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

/shrug nothing. I think I'll change the course of this thread a little bit since you brought it up. What mods do you run and what do you recommend for the lowliest newbie to a high level grinder like me, and which one of these might help those hunting down gold or good places to gain exp from? Also do you recommend in terms of mods that help with AH sales and deal finders?

~W

6. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

auctioneer

www.ui.worldofwar.net is where i get 98% of my mods. i get auctioneer/enchantrix/gatherer from their full site, which since i lost my bookmarks, you can find in there. just search auctioneer and the link to norganna's site is in the description. gatherer keeps track of things you've gathered on the map. herbs, mining points, that kind of stuff, and puts an icon/label there. enchantrix tells you what you'll get from disenchanting and item and the percentage chance of getting it. like 50-60% dream dust, >1% small brilliant shard, that kind of thing. auctioneer is godly. i use that combined with a small mod called price each(hasn't been updated in forever, still works though. tells you how much a stack is selling an item per. like, silk cloth x 2 (30s) if the buyout is 60s)
    auctioneer scans the ah and keeps track of selling prices. so, when you're mowing through things and a green drops, whenyou hover over the description, it tells you the auctinhouse details. =3 you do have to scan a bunch of times to get a more accurate going-rate, but it's worth it.

i use about 30 mods i think...the only thing i have that tells me levels on areas, is Atlas. it gives you maps of instances, the player limits, the level ranges, and markings on where the bosses and other important features are. (like in sunken temple, it shows the basement statues and has them numbered in activation order.) i don't need one for zone level ranges, as i know them all from suiciding through them from about lvl 30 on.
    off the top of my head...

titan bar (and tracker)
    perl classic unit frames (nymbia's suck)
    perl raid, party pet, and whatever the third one is...
    all in one inventory
    minimilist (takes 12 tiny mods and puts them in one. also can remove the griffons from the bottom bar)
    move anything
    improved dressing room
    ctraid
    mobinfo2
    theorycraft
    scrolling combat text
    scrolling damage text
    hunter helper
    selfcast
    warmup
    ntfs-something(it's a fav at ui.worldofwar...it speeds up zone load time. =3 )
    easyunlock
    moog hud
    adspace
    outfitter (can properly equip the carrot when you mount up and unequip it too. this has been a problem since 1.10 came out)
    fishing buddy (<3 sooo much)
    book of crafts

and there's some more, i'm just too lazy to look. perl has the link to curse-gaming for all the parts of it. (raid, pet and that) it's a beautiful ui.