Eirtaku Wtf!?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by RichyX, Sep 4, 2002.

1. RichyX

RichyX New Member

What's with all these people in Gundam shirts???
    2 people in a week I've seen with 'em, different design each time, both of 'em Wing though :(

1st guy i saw was some fella with glasses walking a dog, guess he was around 17. Kinda geeky looking.
    I was too busy talking with someone to stop him and ask him about it, would've been kind of strange doing that anyway.
    Don't remember exactly what it looked like exactly, pretty sure it was white and had Wing Gundam on it, possibly vertical red and blue stripes on it.

2nd guy had a red shirt with Wing Zero custom firing that combined rifle thingy, the scene is from Endless Waltz when Hero was attacking that base towards the end of the movie.
    Didn't exactly get the chance to ask this guy about it either, him and his friends were tryin to get into a 21st birthday party and I'd no choice but to stop 'em, closin time is 12:30 and it's my *** on the line if I let 'em in.

Where are they coming from, does some shop in Cork sell 'em or something???

2. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

More and more people have anime t-shirts these days.
    All my t-shirts are of anime or manga.
    Most of them are Shirow or Eva related.
    Got an Urusei Yatsura one too.
    If you ever see a tall blond guy with glasses wearing an anime t-shirt in Cork it's probably me.

3. RichyX

RichyX New Member

I'll be sure to shout gimp if I spot ya :D

Don't have any anime tshirts myself, closest I come is the Japanese style Dirty Habit tshirt-
    [​IMG]

4. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

I'll probably be wearing ear phones so I won't hear you.
    You may have to jump up and down.

5. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

I don't have any manga / anime shirts either :(
    I find it too cold to wear nothing but a shirt anyway... but maybe that's just me :)

I've never noticed anyone wearing an anime shirt... are they really getting popular?

6. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Yeah man I see them all the time.

7. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Next time you see them, you should point them to this forum :)

8. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

A lot of them probably aren't anime fans.
    They just thought it looked cool/cute

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Commander *nix

Well... you never know... I'm sure there are a lot of anime fans that think they are the only anime fan in Ireland :)
    We have to unite!

10. RichyX

RichyX New Member

That's how I felt till I found the old Eirtaku :)
    It's weird, thought I was like the only mountain biker in Macroom, now there's a good sized group of us.

Met alot of cool people in the last year :)

11. Shelly Tsuki

Shelly Tsuki New Member

...... hummmmm............ i know the only place to get girls T-shirts that have a recognisable Anime on them is England................ but there are more and more anime type images out there...............
    as for guys shirts.............. try Mc Carthy's.... up a bit from the bodega and across from Noddy's toy shop............ or the small cloths place in the English market.............. they had the kewlest Spiderman T in there....................................

12. Shelly Tsuki

Shelly Tsuki New Member

oh i severly doubt that............. how old are you????.................. if your still in 4th year............ what 16 17? 18 tops ........... i'm still older than you....... and i NEVER wore dipers............ they were nappys :)
    Ask MH how long its been around............. ....... its been around longer than 2001 anyway................................
    Shirts....... i don't know about dublin........ give me a while.......... ive never had a chance to look................
    tho i did find a kewl cloths store that had chibi Sailor Moon and Trunks models in Dun L...................

13. RichyX

RichyX New Member

I think I know Mc Carthys, never actually been in the place but I usually pass it by on my way to Kilgrews whenever I'm in the city.

Not sure where the English market is though.
    I'm in the city for interview #2 on Monday so I'll check 'em out then.

14. Shelly Tsuki

Shelly Tsuki New Member

.............. hum how can you not know where the english market is???????...... ah well ............. theres entrances to it on the grand parade, patricks st, Oliver Plunkett and on Princes st......... i'm sure you'll find one of the many............. its a small place........ but i suggest you go to the chocolate stand too.............. oh the chocolates are devine!
    the deal with the........................'s are i like em and i'm keeping em........ you have a problem with Dat?????? as for the store..... no idea of its name its in Geoge st shoping center...... and i think it only supplys girls clothing.......... i think.......... i only saw road jeans and MAP t-shirts there.......

15. RichyX

RichyX New Member

Does the English market have a fish stall with a long haired tosser working there? (he might be gone from there by now though)

If so I think I know the place. I know most places in the city to see, but just don't know the names of streets and stuff.
    Not a big choclate fan so I think I'll skip that stall :)

16. Shelly Tsuki

Shelly Tsuki New Member

at least one of us does.......... ..... they don't do the tight cloths thing they do they uber baggy and ultra kewl tops thing........ they have a very kewl kung fu bunny.......... damn them E48 for a t-shirt!

the English market has many many fish stalls just follow your nose. ** shrug** i think i'll get chocolate for my self then......... have to go get me a usit card tomorrow.........

17. RichyX

RichyX New Member

Yup, English market's the place I thought it was, I'll have a nose round on Tuesday.

Gotta get one of those usit cards too, I'm gonna try and pull a trick which worked for a friend of mine a while back.
    He brought in a copy of his Leaving cert results as proof of age, he'd changed his age on it with Photoshop though, so he'd be 21. Idiots actually feel for it.
    He was goin to the US the next month so he could get served in bars with no problems :D

I'll be over there next summer so I'll have to do the same.